Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.live English Open last 128 !!!

Postby HappyCamper

Wildey wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... eaths.html

In January 2018 60,000 People in the UK Died and flu was estimated responsable for about 30,000 and there's a vaccine for Flu so im not sure what is hope to gain from all this have to be honest it just seems pointless trying to stop it if Vaccines has that kind of success rate and that's been available for years

Reading the article, it appears that the high number of deaths that month were due to a couple of unusually aggressive strains of flu virus that weren’t covered by the vaccine.

Picking one month out of human history and proclaiming vaccines to be pointless because of it is a bit disingenuous.

Its fact there is a lot of deaths from flu every single year despite a vaccine it is claimed no vaccine is more than 50% successful. so what are we expecting of Covid Vaccine a miracle.

who the buck is claiming no vaccine is more the 50% successful!?

polio, measles, etc

ok no Flu Vaccine i meant.

ok fair enough.

but flu is caused by a broad family of influenza viruses. the vaccines tend to be effective against particular strains but not all of them, no?

we don't really have that as an issue for covid-19 as it is caused by a single virus. we're not searching for a vaccine against all coronavirus, just the one. we don't care about protection against the four endemic human coronaviruses.

Postby Dan-cat

bucks sake there's a thread for virus chat! <laugh> Can't we keep the current match chat virus free?? We are literally being hit from all angles about COVID it would be nice if there was one thread, the current matches, that was free of it.

SteveJJ single-handedly reporting on the snooker here :-)

If I'm alone in this thinking then fine carry on as you were

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:bucks sake there's a thread for virus chat! <laugh> Can't we keep the current match chat virus free?? We are literally being hit from all angles about COVID it would be nice if there was one thread, the current matches, that was free of it.

yea but everything is linked with this thing everything is affected from hugging gran to picking up a snooker rest to sitting on chairs every thing is affected so to be true to the mad world we are in why should this chat be any different lol.

Postby The_Abbott

SteveJJ wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:Highfield goes through against Mann

Both players over 30 secs a shot. Barry won't be happy

The only way it would make a difference to the players is if you dock pay. So say you get £2,000 for a round 1 win, if you are over 30 secs a shot you lose a third of the pay.

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:yea but everything is linked with this thing everything is affected from hugging gran to picking up a snooker rest to sitting on chairs every thing is affected so to be true to the mad world we are in why should this chat be any different lol.

I know, I hear you. It's just someone mentions a mask and then before you know it's a multi-part squabble about vaccines. I can't watch at the moment so I'm using the thread as my own personal text update service (c) Cloudy

Postby SteveJJ

The_Abbott wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:Highfield goes through against Mann

Both players over 30 secs a shot. Barry won't be happy

The only way it would make a difference to the players is if you dock pay. So say you get £2,000 for a round 1 win, if you are over 30 secs a shot you lose a third of the pay.

I agree. Although i think its generally helped, there seems to be ĺess players finishing the season with ast of over 30 secs then when they first started publishing them.

Postby SnookerEd25

Wildey wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:stuart carrington withdrawal due to positive sars-cov-2 test.

sam craigie had contact so also withdraws.

one of the referees impacted too.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... eaths.html

In January 2018 60,000 People in the UK Died and flu was estimated responsable for about 30,000 and there's a vaccine for Flu so im not sure what is hope to gain from all this have to be honest it just seems pointless trying to stop it if Vaccines has that kind of success rate and that's been available for years

There is a thread for this. Please use it. <ok>

Postby chengdufan

Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:bucks sake there's a thread for virus chat! <laugh> Can't we keep the current match chat virus free?? We are literally being hit from all angles about COVID it would be nice if there was one thread, the current matches, that was free of it.

yea but everything is linked with this thing everything is affected from hugging gran to picking up a snooker rest to sitting on chairs every thing is affected so to be true to the mad world we are in why should this chat be any different lol.

I'm with the Cat on this.

Postby chengdufan

I'm watching Ding v Si. This is great! Seems like ages since the snooker was on :-)
Some rather poor shots from both players in the first frame.
Si 44-21 up and in.