Post a reply

Re: Hendon says that the Championship League is on FreeSport

Postby SnookerEd25

Maybe i'll even dip in... if I can find Freesports. After a power cut, I had to re-scan all channels and it seemed to pick up everything we had before but not Freesports. I didn't think it was much of a loss at the time...

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:Maybe i'll even dip in... if I can find Freesports. After a power cut, I had to re-scan all channels and it seemed to pick up everything we had before but not Freesports. I didn't think it was much of a loss at the time...

I've never been convinced that Fressports is a Freeview channel.

It says it is, but I've tried it on at least 3 different Freeview channels, and even after re-scanning it's never there. It's up on it's website that it was freeview, but they also had the channel numbers for either Sky or Virgin (I forget which, I've watched it on both) wrong for a long time as well.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Maybe i'll even dip in... if I can find Freesports. After a power cut, I had to re-scan all channels and it seemed to pick up everything we had before but not Freesports. I didn't think it was much of a loss at the time...

I've never been convinced that Fressports is a Freeview channel.

It says it is, but I've tried it on at least 3 different Freeview channels, and even after re-scanning it's never there. It's up on it's website that it was freeview, but they also had the channel numbers for either Sky or Virgin (I forget which, I've watched it on both) wrong for a long time as well.

Bizarre... we used to have it, I remember trying to watch the Legends a year or two back, but being put off by JV's on-site commentary, and i've certainly watched boxing on it but it disappeared after the last re-scan.

Of course, beggars the question how can it be called Freesports, if you can't get it on Freeview...?

Postby SnookerFan

Maybe there is some issue with it, that certain Freeview televisions can get it and some can't? I can't really understand why some they would claim it was a Freeview channel when it wasn't.

But then, they are a fairly low-rent channel. Like you say, their "commentary" used to be Dennis Taylor stood next to the players with a microphone.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:freesports is on freeview

you can use the post code checker on https://www.freeview.co.uk/help to find out your area can receive it.

That explains it.

It doesn't seem available on Freeview in my area.

I watch it on my Virgin telly anyway.

Bit weird, it says I should be able to receive it in west London through the Crystal Palace transmitter - that's practically in your back garden! (if you have a back garden...)

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:freesports is on freeview

you can use the post code checker on https://www.freeview.co.uk/help to find out your area can receive it.

That explains it.

It doesn't seem available on Freeview in my area.

I watch it on my Virgin telly anyway.

Bit weird, it says I should be able to receive it in west London through the Crystal Palace transmitter - that's practically in your back garden! (if you have a back garden...)

Yeah, that's the one it said I got it through as well, I couldn't see it in the channel lists. I must've just missed it.

I can't get it either way.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:even if it is transmitted it might be affected by your aerial position, internal vs external aerial, nearby buildings.
/terrain etc. radiowaves are a bit pants like that.

Maybe. But I've tried it on different television sets of people who live near me and don't get it either. I'll double check when I get in.

What channel is it again? 60-odd?