Post a reply

Re: BetVictor European Masters Last 128 !!!

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:And the fact they're not testing players this week its even more baffling why they in Milton Keynes.

Yes, that's a weird one.

I'm happy for them to be in the same venue for a few months, if that's what they feel is the safest. The hotel and the venue are both inside the same venue, so they can easily socially bubble. But the lack of testing is baffling. And at best, irresponsible.

Let’s be honest, it’s downright dangerous.

Sporting events shouldn’t be allowed to take place without testing.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:This year he's doing brilliant to get any sort of sponsor and keeping prize money high even Dave Hendon expected the European Masters prize money to be less than last year.

Fair point.

Though you can say that he's been doing a brilliant job ensuring that there's any snooker at all this season. And yet all you've done is moaned that it's all in Milton Keynes. rofl

And the fact they're not testing players this week its even more baffling why they in Milton Keynes.

i thought the whole point of this was this Bubble thing.

I guess if anything the lack of testing makes it even more important than they can be in an isolated bubble. The risk to each other is bad enough but risking the public as well would be even worse.

I can only imagine the well-documented test shortages have forced them into it. Personally I’d have cancelled the tournament, though.

yea but think of the carnage if just one player came in with covid get ill the whole event would be screwed.

Postby Wildey

The Testing in this country is farcical to say the least.

Now they're trying to convince parents that Runny Nose and a little cough isnt Covid after months of saying Cough must isolate and weeks saying Test Test Test.

Schools are putting a strain on testing and rightly so testing is the only chance of normality in the short term not bucking masks.

Postby Snooker89

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:So BetVictor is sponsoring the European Masters and its added to the BetVictor Series.

2020 BetVictor Championship League, September 13-20, September 28 to October 5 and October 26-30

2020 BetVictor European Masters, September 21-27

2021 BetVictor German Masters (Dates TBC)

2021 BetVictor Gibraltar Open (Dates TBC)

2021 BetVictor Shoot Out (Dates TBC)

2021 BetVictor Welsh Open (Dates TBC)

Hearn really needs to pull his finger out with these sponsors.

Relying on one industry seems a dangerous option, and came back and bit the sport on the bottom when it relied on tobacco sponsorship.

Granted, it's highly unlikely that it'll become law to abolish gambling sponsorship any time. But, it's not good that one industry sponsors pretty much all of the tournaments. Especially with so many tournaments sponsored by the same few companies.

Covid is surely going to make the Job harder. I don't understand though why alcohol brands aren't getting involved

Postby Ck147

Wildey wrote:The Testing in this country is farcical to say the least.

Now they're trying to convince parents that Runny Nose and a little cough isnt Covid after months of saying Cough must isolate and weeks saying Test Test Test.

Schools are putting a strain on testing and rightly so testing is the only chance of normality in the short term not bucking masks.

No worse than other countries....well ones I have spoken to about....we're actually doing quite well compared to others.... God save our gracious Queen...

Postby chengdufan

Ck147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:The Testing in this country is farcical to say the least.

No worse than other countries....well ones I have spoken to about....we're actually doing quite well compared to others.... God save our gracious Queen...

The Southern city of Ruili discovered two cases recently, people who had snuck into China from Myanmar.
The city is now in full lockdown. What that means is that people will not leave their homes for anything other than an absolute necessity (eg they have to go to hospital) until it is confirmed safe to do so. Confirmed safe will mean zero cases not under quarantine.
All 200,000 people in the city are going to take a covid test asap. Test results for each person come back within a couple of hours. No one is allowed in or out of the city in the meantime.
In less than 2 weeks, the city will return to normal life, like the rest of China has for months now.

Look Boris, it is not bucking difficult. Do what you should have done in February. Close the borders. Don't let people leave their homes. Test everyone. Put anyone entering the uk under a 2 week quarantine until the rest of the world sorts its rubbish out.
The country would be down to zero cases in no time.
Continuing with half measure after half measure just drags it on ad infinitum.

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker89 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:So BetVictor is sponsoring the European Masters and its added to the BetVictor Series.

2020 BetVictor Championship League, September 13-20, September 28 to October 5 and October 26-30

2020 BetVictor European Masters, September 21-27

2021 BetVictor German Masters (Dates TBC)

2021 BetVictor Gibraltar Open (Dates TBC)

2021 BetVictor Shoot Out (Dates TBC)

2021 BetVictor Welsh Open (Dates TBC)

Hearn really needs to pull his finger out with these sponsors.

Relying on one industry seems a dangerous option, and came back and bit the sport on the bottom when it relied on tobacco sponsorship.

Granted, it's highly unlikely that it'll become law to abolish gambling sponsorship any time. But, it's not good that one industry sponsors pretty much all of the tournaments. Especially with so many tournaments sponsored by the same few companies.

Covid is surely going to make the Job harder. I don't understand though why alcohol brands aren't getting involved

I've always thought that. People buy drinks at snooker matches, and whilst watching on TV. Why not advertise?

Postby Wildey

I Feel a wind of change coming over Covid.

More and More nurses and Doctors are coming forward now saying how things really are without belittling the pandemic.

The Census of Opinion now seems to be moving that the Module used by our government was wrong and lockdown shouldn't happen again Covid is the 24th deadliest killer in this country down from 8th when we were asked to eat out despite the infection going up other deaths are overtaking it by alarming rate.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:I Feel a wind of change coming over Covid.

More and More nurses and Doctors are coming forward now saying how things really are without belittling the pandemic.

The Census of Opinion now seems to be moving that the Module used by our government was wrong and lockdown shouldn't happen again Covid is the 24th deadliest killer in this country down from 8th when we were asked to eat out despite the infection going up other deaths are overtaking it by alarming rate.

Can you not post this stuff in the Coronavirus thread?

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=9584

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:I Feel a wind of change coming over Covid.

Can you not post this stuff in the Coronavirus thread?

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=9584

By using bucking masks at the Snooker its now included Snooker and Coronavirus under the same banner <ok>

Re: European Masters Last 128 !!!

Postby chengdufan

chengdufan wrote:Anyone going skiing with me on Monday?

Just me then?
Looks like an interesting match though on paper. Haven't seen the young French lad play before

Postby SnookerEd25

chengdufan wrote:

Just me then?
Looks like an interesting match though on paper. Haven't seen the young French lad play before

I didn’t understand the question.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
chengdufan wrote:

Just me then?

I didn’t understand the question.

Something about wearing masks.

Postby Andre147

Wasn't expecting to see Ronnie back so soon, especially after he won his 6th world title. Probably expected him to play the CoC his first tournament.

But he's playing so good luck to him.

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:Wasn't expecting to see Ronnie back so soon, especially after he won his 6th world title.

I'm a bit surprised too. Maybe the combination of (1) uncertainty about the second half of the season (including China events) and (2) events still being played without crowds, were enough to make him figure he might as well play.

Postby Wildey

SteveJJ wrote:Wildey, Ref in the Williams game isn't wearing a mask, you can watch again

YEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Wasn't expecting to see Ronnie back so soon, especially after he won his 6th world title. Probably expected him to play the CoC his first tournament.

With this UK Government inept at doing anything right he better get some matches in before they lock up again.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Wasn't expecting to see Ronnie back so soon, especially after he won his 6th world title. Probably expected him to play the CoC his first tournament.

With this UK Government inept at doing anything right he better get some matches in before they lock up again.

I think that's one of the reasons he decided to play again so soon, and also because he doesn't have to leave the UK and travel at the moment.

Postby chengdufan

Lei Peifan has gone for the 80s beach boy look I see. He has not pulled it off.
If you want to pull 1980s Pamela Anderson, that's not the way to go about it, son.

Postby chengdufan

chengdufan wrote:Lei Peifan has gone for the 80s beach boy look I see. He has not pulled it off.
If you want to pull 1980s Pamela Anderson, that's not the way to go about it, son.

I've just looked up Baywatch, purely for research purposes, and have discovered it was 90s, not 80s. My apologies to Mr. Lei, and anyone else I may have offended.

Postby chengdufan

Looking at the picture behind the players from a distance, I could have sworn they'd put either Einstein or Mark Twain on. On closer inspection though, it turns out to be Neil Robertson.

Postby SnookerFan

chengdufan wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Lei Peifan has gone for the 80s beach boy look I see. He has not pulled it off.

I've just looked up Baywatch, purely for research purposes, and have discovered it was 90s, not 80s. My apologies to Mr. Lei, and anyone else I may have offended.

I was offended. :grrr:

Postby chengdufan

SnookerFan wrote:
chengdufan wrote:

I was offended. :grrr:

My apologies Mr. Fan. I hope that one day you may be able to find it somewhere in your heart to forgive me.