Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby lhpirnie

chengdufan wrote:
motorhead wrote:Davis is playing marmite, Chang worse.

Chang must have read your message. He's been spurred on.

I actually think he's a bit taller than last season. He will probably have to adjust his technique. He's still a tremendous talent, just turned 18. Unfortunately he will be under a lot of pressure this season, likely to be relegated.

Postby chengdufan

So Jordan Brown could have won 3-0 and all but assured himself of winning the group had he potted the black along the cushion. He missed though and half an hour or so later, the match finished 2-2. If Yan now wins the group, he will be thinking about that black for a long time.

Postby chengdufan

lhpirnie wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Corking third frame that between Yan and Brown

Yan's playing very badly today. I don't know how he's escaped with 3-0 and 2-2. He might have to beat Carrington 3-0, and get a decent break.

I thought he was poor in frames one and two. He picked it up a notch in the last two frames though.
I think virtually every player in the competition has played below their best so far, so it may just be the format rather than anything any particular player is doing wrong.

Postby HappyCamper

chengdufan wrote:I didn't see his match with Michael White, but he won 3-0. Can't have played that badly, right?

made a lot of mistakes, no real fluency or breaks to speak of. but white was poor too.

Postby LC

Great clearance from hallworth, when he came to table I thought don’t worry slessor he’s not good enough to clear, was happy to be proven wrong!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:O'Sullivan has withdrawn, John Astley replaces him on Monday.

This shitty tournament just got even shittier.

Why, did you decide to post more?

Cant say i disagree with him on this not seen any of it for reasons we all know

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:O'Sullivan has withdrawn, John Astley replaces him on Monday.

This shitty tournament just got even shittier.

Why, did you decide to post more?

Cant say i disagree with him on this not seen any of it for reasons we all know

So, you agree that Ronnie pulling out makes this tournament worse, despite your reasons for not enjoying it having nothing to do with Ronnie?

Got it.

Postby Andre147

HappyCamper wrote:slessor warned cause his phone went off.

it was on his own shot.

Don't think that's a warning, but a reminder. If it happened again he would indeed be warned.

However, if it was his opponent's shot, then yes the referee should warn the offending player.

Postby TheRocket

funny thing about that was that Slessor had problems to actually turn off his phone. At least thats what it looked like.

It was like watching someone who had a phone in his hand for the first time and didnt know what to do.

Postby lhpirnie

chengdufan wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Corking third frame that between Yan and Brown

Yan's playing very badly today. I don't know how he's escaped with 3-0 and 2-2. He might have to beat Carrington 3-0, and get a decent break.

I thought he was poor in frames one and two. He picked it up a notch in the last two frames though.
I think virtually every player in the competition has played below their best so far, so it may just be the format rather than anything any particular player is doing wrong.

Yes I agree. This format is horrible. Even the first frame is huge pressure, there's no time to settle at all. I don't think they enjoy it. I'm still not happy with the tables either. With some top players withdrawing as well, I think this version of the Championship League may need 'reforming' next season.