Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:What's really angered me they should have gone at this hard in the beginning face masks during lockdown stopping flights closing borders like other countries did. Instead, they screwed about like headless chickens and people like me have lost patience with what they're doing badly thinking what the buck is the point

I agree with this. The slow speed with which they responded cost a lot of lives. And a lot of the rules they are bringing in now either don't make sense, or just feel like token gestures. Like this stuff in Birmingham. You're not allowed to go to another person's home. You're allowed to see them outside, you're allowed to go to a pub or a restaurant if they are there, but you're not allowed to sit at the same table as them. You're allowed to go to your job and sit in an office or wherever. Just feels flimsy and like the government are trying to be seen to be doing something.

Also I did hear, a lot of those quarantine rules after you've been on a foreign holiday, even if you follow them exactly you are allowed to have people into your home. Quarantining means you can't leave your home at all for two weeks, but you are allowed guests into your home. What in bucks name is the point in that?

I don't have a problem with referees wearing masks now, if I'm honest. If there's any chance they might work, why wouldn't they use them? What bothers me is, like you say, why were they so fast to make them compulsory? I must confess, when lockdown was on and I still had to go to work, I wasn't wearing them much on the train to work. Maybe I should have, but with the government going; "Duuuh! I dunno if they help or not. Do whatever you feel like", I assumed it'd be okay to be on a train full of empty carriages without one.
Yes, I know I'm an adult, and can think for myself. But if we'd had proper rules to start with, maybe we'd have made better judgements and be in a better situation now than we are now.

It's from the government who wanted herd immunity to start with. Says it all. It wouldn't amaze me if they still think this way.

Since lockdown theres been the Covid Classic, Tour Championship a month in Sheffield at the WC thats 43 days snooker and Snooker is one of the few sport to not have any Covid problems and Now refs wearing Masks it feels like its 1 step forward and 3 back Why now why not in June.

Its like were getting nowhere fast and watching this tournamet reminds me of how screwed up this country is that now refs have to wear bucking masks so its live scoring for me for the forseable future.

Postby Iranu

Wearing a mask is not going backwards, certainly not THREE steps backwards.

I haven’t had a chance to watch any of this. Are all the referees wearing masks? Anyway, Marteel is a healthcare worker who worked in a hospital in Belgium during the height of the pandemic. Maybe it’s his choice to wear a mask and he’d rather do so.

And by the way. It makes no difference to the refs whatsoever.

So stop being stupid and stubborn and not watching snooker because of something so trivial. You’re acting like a spoilt child.

Postby SnookerEd25

When I watch snooker, I watch the players not the refs. How a referee's attire forces you not to watch something you clearly enjoy is something I can't comprehend. Seems a bit petty TBH

Postby Prop

I thought this started on 21st! :emb:

Is this only on the Matchroom site? No ES?

I’ve not been on here much lately, I’m all of a sudden ridiculously busy. Hope all you guys are well :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:I thought this started on 21st! :emb:

I’ve not been on here much lately, I’m all of a sudden ridiculously busy. Hope all you guys are well :hatoff:

Yeah, but the referees are wearing face masks, so it isn't worth watching.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:Wearing a mask is not going backwards, certainly not THREE steps backwards.

I haven’t had a chance to watch any of this. Are all the referees wearing masks? Anyway, Marteel is a healthcare worker who worked in a hospital in Belgium during the height of the pandemic. Maybe it’s his choice to wear a mask and he’d rather do so.

So stop being stupid and stubborn and not watching snooker because of something so trivial. You’re acting like a spoilt child.

:hatoff:

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
Prop wrote:I thought this started on 21st! :emb:

Yeah, but the referees are wearing face masks, so it isn't worth watching.

rofl rofl rofl

Postby mantorok

Iranu wrote:Wearing a mask is not going backwards, certainly not THREE steps backwards.

Postby chengdufan

Zhao Jianbo knocks in a 27 break in his first visit to the table as a professional, after smashing in a long red from ZYL's break off.
Plays safe tight to the baulk cushion after the reds don't split well for him.

Postby chengdufan

chengdufan wrote:Zhao Jianbo knocks in a 27 break in his first visit to the table as a professional, after smashing in a long red from ZYL's break off.

Not a bad start for the young buck

Postby lhpirnie

chengdufan wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Zhao Jianbo knocks in a 27 break in his first visit to the table as a professional, after smashing in a long red from ZYL's break off.

Not a bad start for the young buck

He's mainly a potter, but has an excellent junior record. He looks older than 17.

Postby Wildey

Last week Aaron Canavan beat Leo Fernandez 4-3 then Stephen Hendry beat Aaron Canavan 4-1 today Leo top of his group beating Heathcote and Stephen Maguire and must be favourite now to reach the last 32 needing a draw with Dominic Dale.

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:Trump has made a successful career out of being a potter.

Trump break building has improved a lot

Postby chengdufan

Wildey wrote:Last week Aaron Canavan beat Leo Fernandez 4-3 then Stephen Hendry beat Aaron Canavan 4-1 today Leo top of his group beating Heathcote and Stephen Maguire and must be favourite now to reach the last 32 needing a draw with Dominic Dale.

I watched both his matches. He was playing at a high level, deserved both his wins.
Badsnookerplayer will be pleased!

Postby Wildey

chengdufan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Last week Aaron Canavan beat Leo Fernandez 4-3 then Stephen Hendry beat Aaron Canavan 4-1 today Leo top of his group beating Heathcote and Stephen Maguire and must be favourite now to reach the last 32 needing a draw with Dominic Dale.

I watched both his matches. He was playing at a high level, deserved both his wins.
Badsnookerplayer will be pleased!

i feel sorry for you.

i watched paint dry much better.

Postby SnookerFan

Is Hendry playing in this?

I thought he wasn't playing anything until York?

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:

Is Hendry playing in this?

I thought he wasn't playing anything until York?

no.

hendry played canavan at the seniors.

Postby chengdufan

I just had a chat with Zhang Anda. He seems like a good fella. Maybe we could see if he's interested in doing a snooker island interview. What do you think?