Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby Wildey

chengdufan wrote:Someone asked why the players are not wearing masks and another viewer gave an interesting answer. They suggested maybe it's because the players don't need to talk while the refs do. Any truth in that being a reason?

just wait until the ref cockerels up there will be enough talking then.

not bothered watching any of it which pisses me right off just can't breathe watching refs in those things makes me breathless and gagging.

Postby Ck147

Wildey wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Someone asked why the players are not wearing masks and another viewer gave an interesting answer. They suggested maybe it's because the players don't need to talk while the refs do. Any truth in that being a reason?

just wait until the ref cockerels up there will be enough talking then.

not bothered watching any of it which pisses me right off just can't breathe watching refs in those things makes me breathless and gagging.

Surely you exaggerate? I did enjoy your Twitter rant the other day, didn't know it was possible to cram so many expletitives into a single sentence about a face mask. Think I will be saying similar next week when HR moan that my homemade mask doesn't conform.

Postby Wildey

really really really wished i was exaggerating i could then enjoy some snooker as it is live scoring my limit at mo.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:really really really wished i was exaggerating i could then enjoy some snooker as it is live scoring my limit at mo.

Seems a poor reason not to watch. Even if you're right that masks do nothing, what difference does it make to the snooker that the referees are wearing them?

Postby chengdufan

Oh dear, seems there was a problem with the scoreboard. Ref decided to take Liang back to zero, but none of them could remember which balls he had potted.

Don't think it mattered in the end, but was a bit farcical

Postby SnookerEd25

chengdufan wrote:Oh dear, seems there was a problem with the scoreboard. Ref decided to take Liang back to zero, but none of them could remember which balls he had potted.

The whole thing sounds a bit farcical

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:really really really wished i was exaggerating i could then enjoy some snooker as it is live scoring my limit at mo.

Seems a poor reason not to watch. Even if you're right that masks do nothing, what difference does it make to the snooker that the referees are wearing them?

i really feel sick watching the snooker with ref wearing masks i prefer not to throw up thank you

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

i really feel sick watching the snooker with ref wearing masks i prefer not to throw up thank you

You haven’t explained why. If you’re not exaggerating that’s genuinely concerning.

Postby SnookerFan

chengdufan wrote:Oh dear, seems there was a problem with the scoreboard. Ref decided to take Liang back to zero, but none of them could remember which balls he had potted.

Who was refereeing?

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

You haven’t explained why. If you’re not exaggerating that’s genuinely concerning.

no ive never liked to wear caps, rings, watches, glasses nothing on my face or hands but looking at ref wearing those black tight looking masks makes me want to spew its that simple.

i try to avoid masks best i can so sit on the sofa for a few hours watching snooker at the moment is sickening.

Postby motorhead

Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:no ive never liked to wear caps, rings, watches, glasses nothing on my face or hands but looking at ref wearing those black tight looking masks makes me want to spew its that simple.

Tennis tournaments are having ballboys wearing masks for hours while running and retrieving balls, truly sickening.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:no ive never liked to wear caps, rings, watches, glasses nothing on my face or hands but looking at ref wearing those black tight looking masks makes me want to spew its that simple.

i try to avoid masks best i can so sit on the sofa for a few hours watching snooker at the moment is sickening.

Oh, so you have a phobia. That must be awful. That explains your attitude to masks.

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:no ive never liked to wear caps, rings, watches, glasses nothing on my face or hands but looking at ref wearing those black tight looking masks makes me want to spew its that simple.

Oh, so you have a phobia. That must be awful. That explains your attitude to masks.

It's called maskaphobia (it's a real thing). Wildey, did you have a traumatic experience with a clown when you were younger?

Postby Iranu

Ck147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

It's called maskaphobia (it's a real thing). Wildey, did you have a traumatic experience with a clown when you were younger?

Postby Ck147

You and SF should pay me royalties if you're going to use my artwork in your own posts. The following might have been more appropriate in this case:
You ok Wild?