Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby lhpirnie

SnookerFan wrote:Jeez.

How did Walden not top that group?

Because he missed lots of easy balls, particularly with the rest. Many of the players are rusty in this event. Walden's remodelled technique probably needs quite a lot of practice to keep in shape, so he's a bit vulnerable in the first tournament of a season.


Zhao did well, but basically choked against Greene, missing some simple chances to win the 3rd frame. It was his first day as a pro.

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby SnookerFan

lhpirnie wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Jeez.

How did Walden not top that group?

Because he missed lots of easy balls, particularly with the rest. Many of the players are rusty in this event. Walden's remodelled technique probably needs quite a lot of practice to keep in shape, so he's a bit vulnerable in the first tournament of a season.


Zhao did well, but basically choked against Greene, missing some simple chances to win the 3rd frame. It was his first day as a pro.


:goodpost:

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12680042/anthony-hamilton-quit-snooker-event-covid-testing/

I Now know why Refs are wearing masks here and not in earler tournaments

There is no Covid testing this week


There bloody should be.

But I guess the increase in cases nowadays means not everyone can have one.

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby McManusFan

Wildey wrote:Masks does nothing never been proven and is used to get people in to a false state of security to go out and spend money they will not stop spreading viruses its a virus. viruses are not new they been around for years so to say they havent got a clue how virus work at the beginning is false no masks was recamended then so whats change? the econamy that whats changed.


Sorry but what you said about masks simply isn't true (see summary of this paper https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanc ... 40-6736(20)31142-9/fulltext). I can't stand masks either, they're uncomfortable to wear, and it's weird seeing everyone around you having a covered face, but they do provide some rudementary protection (both from stopping you getting infected, and in stopping you from infecting others unwittingly).

I agree that the UK policy is largely aimed at restoring people's confidence to get the economey going, rather than trying to be proper public health policy. But even down here in Melbourne, where they are really trying to get the numbers down masks are still compulsory if you are outside your home.

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby The_Abbott

Wildey wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12680042/anthony-hamilton-quit-snooker-event-covid-testing/

I Now know why Refs are wearing masks here and not in earler tournaments

There is no Covid testing this week


Hamilton pulls out again <laugh>

Can't blame him. Cases are going up so testing should be happening but I guess on the other hand, tests are not being wasted on this marmite competition.

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby Wildey

Mask work in the right environment a sterile environment which shops are not. Let's not forget this is a virus not smog or dust you can't see it and you can't smell it but when people constantly touches the mask either to re adjust it and pull it up and down because they are hot and without washing their hands they are as useless as a condom with a pin hole. Yea they will stop droplets from coughing even sneezing but people will still be wiping their noses with a tissue and to do that they have to take it down.

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Walden has remodelled his technique?


Yeah, he's decided to copy the late, great Alex Higgins.


Whisky over breakfast?


Whisky for breakfast.

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby HappyCamper

Dan-cat wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Walden has remodelled his technique?


Yeah, he's decided to copy the late, great Alex Higgins.


Whisky over breakfast?


Whiskey, surely.

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby McManusFan

Wildey wrote:Mask work in the right environment a sterile environment which shops are not. Let's not forget this is a virus not smog or dust you can't see it and you can't smell it but when people constantly touches the mask either to re adjust it and pull it up and down because they are hot and without washing their hands they are as useless as a condom with a pin hole. Yea they will stop droplets from coughing even sneezing but people will still be wiping their noses with a tissue and to do that they have to take it down.


Yes, obviously if you use them wrong they will be less effective (not useless), but not everyone will use them innapropriately and certainly not all of the time. They aren't a magic bullet, but they do reduce the rate of transmission in a cheap and relatively easy way.

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby lhpirnie

Dan-cat wrote:Walden has remodelled his technique?

Yes, several years ago. He had back problems, now uses a different stance with both knees bent. But it probably takes quite a lot of practice to maintain it, so no surprise it was a bit unreliable yesterday, the first day of his season.

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby lhpirnie

chengdufan wrote:It's a shame Gao Yang didn't enter the Snooker Island World Championship. I might have had a chance of winning a match!

Well, give the kid a chance. he's clearly very nervous. He turned 16 a couple of weeks ago.

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby chengdufan

Selt just fluked a red while playing safe, hit the jaw of middle on the way back up the table and landed plum on the pink and in the balls.
No hint of an apology or guilty look. Looking at his face you'd guess it was exactly as he played it.

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby Wildey

McManusFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Mask work in the right environment a sterile environment which shops are not. Let's not forget this is a virus not smog or dust you can't see it and you can't smell it but when people constantly touches the mask either to re adjust it and pull it up and down because they are hot and without washing their hands they are as useless as a condom with a pin hole. Yea they will stop droplets from coughing even sneezing but people will still be wiping their noses with a tissue and to do that they have to take it down.


Yes, obviously if you use them wrong they will be less effective (not useless), but not everyone will use them innapropriately and certainly not all of the time. They aren't a magic bullet, but they do reduce the rate of transmission in a cheap and relatively easy way.

What ive noticed today how close people with masks has to get to each other to hear what is said especially in a busy shop or on the street so social distancing is ignored because of Masks.

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby chengdufan

Snooker fans never learn! Selt got left in with the balls spread nicely. The Chinese fans all shouted it was match over, completely ignoring how awful the play had been.

Selt made 7.

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby chengdufan

chengdufan wrote:Another fluke for Selt which he doesn't acknowledge.

Made 12 from the fluke.
Got straight back in and added 15.

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby chengdufan

chengdufan wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Another fluke for Selt which he doesn't acknowledge.

Made 12 from the fluke.
Got straight back in and added 15.

Si Jiahui replies with a break of 6.

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby chengdufan

chengdufan wrote:Selt messed up a safety and the fans are getting excited. Good chance for Si to win the frame.

He managed another 6 break.

Watching this, there really is hope for us all.