Post a reply

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby Acé

Pink Ball wrote:
Acé wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I was referring to the fact that this is a virtual tournament. I don’t think anyone winning it would be a ‘crime’.


Irrelevant

you can't say a player is better than the other outside this tournament then say the opposite when it's crunch time. If you think Selby should win this then you're a fraud and you believe Selby is the best player you've seen play Snooker.

I guess I'm not a fraud then.


You said it wouldn't be a crime if he won so that's basically saying you wouldn't mind except that goes against all your principles.

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby Pink Ball

Acé wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Acé wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I was referring to the fact that this is a virtual tournament. I don’t think anyone winning it would be a ‘crime’.


Irrelevant

you can't say a player is better than the other outside this tournament then say the opposite when it's crunch time. If you think Selby should win this then you're a fraud and you believe Selby is the best player you've seen play Snooker.

I guess I'm not a fraud then.


You said it wouldn't be a crime if he won so that's basically saying you wouldn't mind except that goes against all your principles.

Let me explain this to you slowly.

I consider rape a crime. Murder. Manslaughter. Burglary. Arson. You know?

I don't want Mark Selby to win this tournament. I don't think he should. I think him beating Hendry 13-5 is laughable because Hendry was miles better than Selby has ever been.

But would I consider Mark Selby winning a virtual, hypothetical snooker tournament 'a crime'? No. It's not rape. It's not murder. It's not manslaughter. It's not burglary. It's not arson. It's not a crime.

And if you can't follow that logic, then I'm afraid you are one hell of a moron.

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby Acé

Pink Ball wrote:
Acé wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Acé wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I was referring to the fact that this is a virtual tournament. I don’t think anyone winning it would be a ‘crime’.


Irrelevant

you can't say a player is better than the other outside this tournament then say the opposite when it's crunch time. If you think Selby should win this then you're a fraud and you believe Selby is the best player you've seen play Snooker.

I guess I'm not a fraud then.


You said it wouldn't be a crime if he won so that's basically saying you wouldn't mind except that goes against all your principles.

Let me explain this to you slowly.

I consider rape a crime. Murder. Manslaughter. Burglary. Arson. You know?

I don't want Mark Selby to win this tournament. I don't think he should. I think him beating Hendry 13-5 is laughable because Hendry was miles better than Selby has ever been.

But would I consider Mark Selby winning a virtual, hypothetical snooker tournament 'a crime'? No. It's not rape. It's not murder. It's not manslaughter. It's not burglary. It's not arson. It's not a crime.

And if you can't follow that logic, then I'm afraid you are one hell of a moron.


If you don't care then you shouldn't have participated with giving serious predictions then otherwise pack up your shop and go to sleep

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby Pink Ball

Acé wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Acé wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Acé wrote:
Irrelevant

you can't say a player is better than the other outside this tournament then say the opposite when it's crunch time. If you think Selby should win this then you're a fraud and you believe Selby is the best player you've seen play Snooker.

I guess I'm not a fraud then.


You said it wouldn't be a crime if he won so that's basically saying you wouldn't mind except that goes against all your principles.

Let me explain this to you slowly.

I consider rape a crime. Murder. Manslaughter. Burglary. Arson. You know?

I don't want Mark Selby to win this tournament. I don't think he should. I think him beating Hendry 13-5 is laughable because Hendry was miles better than Selby has ever been.

But would I consider Mark Selby winning a virtual, hypothetical snooker tournament 'a crime'? No. It's not rape. It's not murder. It's not manslaughter. It's not burglary. It's not arson. It's not a crime.

And if you can't follow that logic, then I'm afraid you are one hell of a moron.


If you don't care then you shouldn't have participated with giving serious predictions then otherwise pack up your shop and go to sleep

I didn't realise we had to take this ultra seriously to take part.

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby Acé

Pink Ball wrote:I didn't realise we had to take this ultra seriously to take part.


Given that you;ve given serious predictions instead of joke ones you're deffo taking it seriously, I quote "I just voted based on who I think is the greater player" your words, not mine

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby Pink Ball

Acé wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I didn't realise we had to take this ultra seriously to take part.


Given that you;ve given serious predictions instead of joke ones you're deffo taking it seriously, I quote "I just voted based on who I think is the greater player" your words, not mine

Yes, I've taken it seriously and given it respect because PL put a lot of effort into it. But I'm not going to lose sleep at night if Mark Selby wins it. I'm not going to take it THAT seriously.

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Acé wrote:
Iranu wrote:Judd beating Selby to the final would be ridiculous.


lol no Judd has a far higher peak than Selby.

Selby has never ever in his life played to the calibre of 2019 Judd WC final.

Higher peak has nothing to do with it. Selby is the greater player and should win the match-up. With frames to spare.


Of course peak has to do with it these are the best versions playing against each other why would they be the worst or average versions?

And Selby is an inferior player to Judd, Selby can never ever destroy opponents on the calibre of Higgins like Judd, Ronnie or Hendry can because he doesn't have the offensive skill to put in a clinic like those 3 have done against each other, he has to scrape over the line to win and drag down his opponents game down to his level through grinding.

I've yet to see Selby put on a convincing clinic against the class of 92 where you know you think yeah, Selby was sensational! he blitzed his opponent! yet he's always scraping over the line, that's why his peak doesn't come close to the greats.

3x world champion.

As things stand Selby is comfortably the better player. That could (and should) change in future.

It’s amazing just how often he’s “scraped over the line” against great players.

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby Acé

Iranu wrote:3x world champion.

As things stand Selby is comfortably the better player. That could (and should) change in future.

It’s amazing just how often he’s “scraped over the line” against great players.


Bingham is a 1x world champion but no one in their right mind is gonna say he's better than Trump. Trump's already entered discussions for top 10 greatest of all time but we're talking about peak level snooker here.

Selby's not produced anything on the level of the greats. He's a talentless hack that needs to grind and scrape over the line to win.

I'm still waiting for a convincing win. Show me him smashing up Ronnie, Higgins, Williams, Judd with a clinic through good play.

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby Pink Ball

Trump's peak is greater than Selby's, but Selby's average display is better than Trump's average display. I've been going by average performance throughout this thing.

I do expect Trump to be ahead of Selby by the end of their respective careers, though.

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby csprince

Acé wrote:Also if you're going by World Championships, is Davis a better player than Ronnie?


just because someone has more titles in a certain tournament doesn't make them the better player nobody would claim that ebdon bingham or dott are better than white just because they won the world's

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby Acé

csprince wrote:
Acé wrote:Also if you're going by World Championships, is Davis a better player than Ronnie?


just because someone has more titles in a certain tournament doesn't make them the better player nobody would claim that ebdon bingham or dott are better than white just because they won the world's


Why are you quoting me? Tell that to Iranu since all he thinks it's the WC that matters

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby Pink Ball

csprince wrote:
Acé wrote:Also if you're going by World Championships, is Davis a better player than Ronnie?


just because someone has more titles in a certain tournament doesn't make them the better player nobody would claim that ebdon bingham or dott are better than white just because they won the world's

To be fair, I do think Ebdon is better than White, although it's very, very tight.

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:
Iranu wrote:3x world champion.

As things stand Selby is comfortably the better player. That could (and should) change in future.

It’s amazing just how often he’s “scraped over the line” against great players.


Bingham is a 1x world champion but no one in their right mind is gonna say he's better than Trump. Trump's already entered discussions for top 10 greatest of all time but we're talking about peak level snooker here.

Selby's not produced anything on the level of the greats. He's a talentless hack that needs to grind and scrape over the line to win.

I'm still waiting for a convincing win. Show me him smashing up Ronnie, Higgins, Williams, Judd with a clinic through good play.

Not a valid comparison, Judd has won far more than Bingham.

Selby has produced several incredible performances. He’s ‘smashed up’ Higgins and Williams at least a couple of times each.

And just because a match is close, doesn’t mean Selby’s not playing well to win.

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:
csprince wrote:
Acé wrote:Also if you're going by World Championships, is Davis a better player than Ronnie?


just because someone has more titles in a certain tournament doesn't make them the better player nobody would claim that ebdon bingham or dott are better than white just because they won the world's


Why are you quoting me? Tell that to Iranu since all he thinks it's the WC that matters

Please show me where I said that.

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby Acé

White would've won 2-3 WCs through 2000s and 2010s if he broke through there instead of 80s/90s, he was just unlucky to play a peak Davis in the 80s and a peak Hendry in the 90s

See the outliers like Dott, Ebdon, Bingham winning WCs? Those spots would've been filled by White.

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby Acé

Iranu wrote:
Acé wrote:
Iranu wrote:3x world champion.

As things stand Selby is comfortably the better player. That could (and should) change in future.

It’s amazing just how often he’s “scraped over the line” against great players.


Bingham is a 1x world champion but no one in their right mind is gonna say he's better than Trump. Trump's already entered discussions for top 10 greatest of all time but we're talking about peak level snooker here.

Selby's not produced anything on the level of the greats. He's a talentless hack that needs to grind and scrape over the line to win.

I'm still waiting for a convincing win. Show me him smashing up Ronnie, Higgins, Williams, Judd with a clinic through good play.

Not a valid comparison, Judd has won far more than Bingham.

Selby has produced several incredible performances. He’s ‘smashed up’ Higgins and Williams at least a couple of times each.

And just because a match is close, doesn’t mean Selby’s not playing well to win.


Never in a final he's always had to scrape over to win and that's after dragging down players. See 2014 WC Ronnie and 2017 WC Higgins for references. All the greats have smashed each other up apart from Selby because he doesn't have the offensive skill nor the talent or the skillset to do so, you can only have a good peak level of Snooker when you're putting on a clinic against a great of the game.

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:White would've won 2-3 WCs through 2000s and 2010s if he broke through there instead of 80s/90s, he was just unlucky to play a peak Davis in the 80s and a peak Hendry in the 90s

See the outliers like Dott, Ebdon, Bingham winning WCs? Those spots would've been filled by White.

Joe Johnson, Dennis Taylor, Ken Doherty and John Parrott were all able to win WCs during those eras of dominance.

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby csprince

Acé wrote:
csprince wrote:
Acé wrote:Also if you're going by World Championships, is Davis a better player than Ronnie?


just because someone has more titles in a certain tournament doesn't make them the better player nobody would claim that ebdon bingham or dott are better than white just because they won the world's


Why are you quoting me? Tell that to Iranu since all he thinks it's the WC that matters


i quoted you because you said is davis better than o'sullivan etc and i gave my opinion.

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby Acé

Iranu wrote:
Acé wrote:
csprince wrote:
Acé wrote:Also if you're going by World Championships, is Davis a better player than Ronnie?


just because someone has more titles in a certain tournament doesn't make them the better player nobody would claim that ebdon bingham or dott are better than white just because they won the world's


Why are you quoting me? Tell that to Iranu since all he thinks it's the WC that matters

Please show me where I said that.


You used Selby being a 3x champion to support yourself.

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Acé wrote:
Iranu wrote:3x world champion.

As things stand Selby is comfortably the better player. That could (and should) change in future.

It’s amazing just how often he’s “scraped over the line” against great players.


Bingham is a 1x world champion but no one in their right mind is gonna say he's better than Trump. Trump's already entered discussions for top 10 greatest of all time but we're talking about peak level snooker here.

Selby's not produced anything on the level of the greats. He's a talentless hack that needs to grind and scrape over the line to win.

I'm still waiting for a convincing win. Show me him smashing up Ronnie, Higgins, Williams, Judd with a clinic through good play.

Not a valid comparison, Judd has won far more than Bingham.

Selby has produced several incredible performances. He’s ‘smashed up’ Higgins and Williams at least a couple of times each.

And just because a match is close, doesn’t mean Selby’s not playing well to win.


Never in a final he's always had to scrape over to win and that's after dragging down players. See 2014 WC Ronnie and 2017 WC Higgins for references. All the greats have smashed each other up apart from Selby because he doesn't have the offensive skill nor the talent or the skillset to do so, you can only have a good peak level of Snooker when you're putting on a clinic against a great of the game.

So now it’s “in a final”? Convenient change of criteria, there.

What does peak have to do with the other player? Isn’t your peak game all about the best you can play regardless of opponent?

Only three players have made more centuries in a match than Selby, and two of those had an extra session to do so. Only 5 players have made more centuries in their careers than Selby.

I’m no huge fan of Selby’s but you’re speaking like a child.

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby csprince

Acé wrote:White would've won 2-3 WCs through 2000s and 2010s if he broke through there instead of 80s/90s, he was just unlucky to play a peak Davis in the 80s and a peak Hendry in the 90s

See the outliers like Dott, Ebdon, Bingham winning WCs? Those spots would've been filled by White.


would of could of. deal in facts.

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:You used Selby being a 3x champion to support yourself.

Which, you’ll notice, did not at any point say “the world championship is all that matters.”

But if it helps you:

They have the same number of ranking titles, but Selby has 3 world titles to Judd’s 1 and 3 Masters to Judd’s 1.

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby csprince

csprince wrote:
Acé wrote:White would've won 2-3 WCs through 2000s and 2010s if he broke through there instead of 80s/90s, he was just unlucky to play a peak Davis in the 80s and a peak Hendry in the 90s

See the outliers like Dott, Ebdon, Bingham winning WCs? Those spots would've been filled by White.


would of could of.deal in facts.we can all rewrite history.

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby Acé

Iranu wrote:So now it’s “in a final”? Convenient change of criteria, there.

What does peak have to do with the other player? Isn’t your peak game all about the best you can play regardless of opponent?

Only three players have made more centuries in a match than Selby, and two of those had an extra session to do so. Only 5 players have made more centuries in their careers than Selby.

I’m no huge fan of Selby’s but you’re speaking like a child.


Yeah just like how convenient it was for you to give examples of Selby smashing up Ronnie and Judd too and no that's not peak level snooker. Peak level snooker is when you're making tons of breaks, playing flawless snooker and keeping your opponent sat in his seat against the greats of the game that makes you go "wow, he blitzed his opponent with imperious play"

Selby doesn't do that. He's the only great of the game that doesn't do that. Judd has done it, Ronnie has done it, Higgins has done it, Hendry, Williams all have done it, but Selby? He's always struggling and putting balls to the cushion because he wished he has 10% of the talent the other greats have.

You're a Selby fan you're not fooling anyone lol we had this debate last time before I got banned and you come to Selby's defense ALL THE TIME

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby Acé

Iranu wrote:
Acé wrote:You used Selby being a 3x champion to support yourself.

Which, you’ll notice, did not at any point say “the world championship is all that matters.”

But if it helps you:

They have the same number of ranking titles, but Selby has 3 world titles to Judd’s 1 and 3 Masters to Judd’s 1.


Obviously did otherwise you wouldn't have said Selby was a 3x champion, no one cares he's the most unpopular champion you'll ever get given his reputation of a grinder.

If there was a poll on Twitter with peak Selby vs peak Trump, Trump would annihilate the poll after his 2019 Masters and 2019 WC final performances.

Also, Selby has an awful record with Trump anyway and this was BEFORE Trump even reached his prime.

Selby has nothing over Trump.

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:
Iranu wrote:So now it’s “in a final”? Convenient change of criteria, there.

What does peak have to do with the other player? Isn’t your peak game all about the best you can play regardless of opponent?

Only three players have made more centuries in a match than Selby, and two of those had an extra session to do so. Only 5 players have made more centuries in their careers than Selby.

I’m no huge fan of Selby’s but you’re speaking like a child.


Yeah just like how convenient it was for you to give examples of Selby smashing up Ronnie and Judd too and no that's not peak level snooker. Peak level snooker is when you're making tons of breaks, playing flawless snooker and keeping your opponent sat in his seat against the greats of the game that makes you go "wow, he blitzed his opponent with imperious play"

Selby doesn't do that. He's the only great of the game that doesn't do that. Judd has done it, Ronnie has done it, Higgins has done it, Hendry, Williams all have done it, but Selby? He's always struggling and putting balls to the cushion because he wished he has 10% of the talent the other greats have.

You're a Selby fan you're not fooling anyone lol we had this debate last time before I got banned and you come to Selby's defense ALL THE TIME

When has Williams “smashed up” Ronnie, Higgins, Hendry or Judd? Genuine question as I can’t think of a time he has. He’s beaten them of course but I can’t remember him demolishing them.

And more to the point why is Judd a part of this conversation but not Robbo, for example? What has Judd achieved that Robbo hasn’t?

Peak level snooker had nothing to do with the other opponent. Ronnie and Judd have both played peak level snooker against ‘lesser’ opponents. Look at how Selby played in the English Open final. He would have won that match regardless of who he was playing, he was phenomenal.

You say Selby’s always struggling but you’re ignoring the evidence to the contrary.

I defend Selby against idiots who claim he’s a talentless grinder because he’s clearly a lot more than that. He’s one of the most decorated players in the history of the game. Please show me another “talentless grinder” who’s even come close to his achievements.