Post a reply

Re: 2020 SI World Championship of World Championships SF OPE

Postby Juddernaut88

csprince wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Can people stop predicting a Ronnie win :mood:
John Higgins has beaten Ronnie 3 times at the Crucible

then ronnie's due a win.

Nope anyone but Ronnie please! 3 occasions John Higgins beat Ronnie at the Crucible he went on to win the championship 1998, 2007 and 2011

Postby Juddernaut88

Judd and Selby have never met in the World Championship but Judd has a good recent record against him. Judd beat Selby 9-4 in the International Championship semi final last Summer. He also beat him 6-2 in the Quarterfinals of the Masters last year. Plus he beat him 5-1 in the World Grand Prix quarter-finals last year too.

Postby Andre147

Acé wrote:

What?

Ronnie's beaten him twice so it's not lopsided, 3-2 h2h in favour of Higgins.

Yeah he seems to forget he beat him in a decider 13-12 after being behind in the match, plus he beat him in the most important match there is, a World Final.

Postby Acé

Andre147 wrote:
Acé wrote:

What?

Yeah he seems to forget he beat him in a decider 13-12 after being behind in the match, plus he beat him in the most important match there is, a World Final.

Also the criteria doesn't make sense he thought Williams would win vs Ronnie despite a lopsided 4-0 H2H at the crucible

Postby Pink Ball

Acé wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Acé wrote:

What?

Also the criteria doesn't make sense he thought Williams would win vs Ronnie despite a lopsided 4-0 H2H at the crucible

Ha!

Postby Acé

Selby somehow winning this would be a crime. 5 players in history who have higher peaks, talent, actual snooker skill than him and they are Hendry, Ronnie, Higgins, Williams, Judd. 2 are already out.

it's possible he just might win this if Judd loses, Ronnie goes through then the crucible h2h between Ronnie and selby gets taken into consideration

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:
Iranu wrote:Judd beating Selby to the final would be ridiculous.

lol no Judd has a far higher peak than Selby.

Selby has never ever in his life played to the calibre of 2019 Judd WC final.

Higher peak has nothing to do with it. Selby is the greater player and should win the match-up. With frames to spare.

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:No fan of Hendry but I can't believe he's out vs Selby, at a score of 13-5 loss?

LOL

should've been a Judd vs Hendry SF but whatever

I agree, no way Selby should have beaten Hendry.

Postby Acé

Iranu wrote:
Acé wrote:
Iranu wrote:Judd beating Selby to the final would be ridiculous.

lol no Judd has a far higher peak than Selby.

Selby has never ever in his life played to the calibre of 2019 Judd WC final.

Higher peak has nothing to do with it. Selby is the greater player and should win the match-up. With frames to spare.

Of course peak has to do with it these are the best versions playing against each other why would they be the worst or average versions?

And Selby is an inferior player to Judd, Selby can never ever destroy opponents on the calibre of Higgins like Judd, Ronnie or Hendry can because he doesn't have the offensive skill to put in a clinic like those 3 have done against each other, he has to scrape over the line to win and drag down his opponents game down to his level through grinding.

I've yet to see Selby put on a convincing clinic against the class of 92 where you know you think yeah, Selby was sensational! he blitzed his opponent! yet he's always scraping over the line, that's why his peak doesn't come close to the greats.

Postby Acé

Pink Ball wrote:
Acé wrote:Selby somehow winning this would be a crime.

It really wouldn't.

Then you're contradicting yourself when you say Ronnie is the highest form of snooker you've seen, make up your mind.

If you think Selby deserves to win this then Selby is the greatest snooker player you've seen AND Selby is the one who's played the snooker to the highest level.

Postby Pink Ball

Acé wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Acé wrote:Selby somehow winning this would be a crime.

It really wouldn't.

Then you're contradicting yourself when you say Ronnie is the highest form of snooker you've seen, make up your mind.

If you think Selby deserves to win this then Selby is the greatest snooker player you've seen AND Selby is the one who's played the snooker to the highest level.

I was referring to the fact that this is a virtual tournament. I don’t think anyone winning it would be a ‘crime’.

Postby csprince

Holden Chinaski wrote:I understand Selby beating Judd, but how did he beat Hendry?

selby beat hendry twice i think when hendry was past his best it's mentioned in an earlier post in this thread by juddernaut on page 4.

Postby Holden Chinaski

csprince wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I understand Selby beating Judd, but how did he beat Hendry?

selby beat hendry twice i think when hendry was past his best it's mentioned in an earlier post in this thread by juddernaut on page 4.

Yes of course, I know that. But i thought this was all players in their prime.

Prime Hendry surely beats prime Selby.

Postby csprince

Holden Chinaski wrote:
csprince wrote:

agreed but it just based on h2h.

Postby csprince

csprince wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
csprince wrote:

agreed but it's just based on h2h.

Postby Acé

Pink Ball wrote:I was referring to the fact that this is a virtual tournament. I don’t think anyone winning it would be a ‘crime’.

Irrelevant

you can't say a player is better than the other outside this tournament then say the opposite when it's crunch time. If you think Selby should win this then you're a fraud and you believe Selby is the best player you've seen play Snooker.

Postby Pink Ball

Acé wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I was referring to the fact that this is a virtual tournament. I don’t think anyone winning it would be a ‘crime’.

Irrelevant

you can't say a player is better than the other outside this tournament then say the opposite when it's crunch time. If you think Selby should win this then you're a fraud and you believe Selby is the best player you've seen play Snooker.

I guess I'm not a fraud then.