All of which has given me an idea.
The World Championship of World Championships
(To fill the 17 Day gap in our lives come April 18th)
Format and Rules
• 32 Players – 16 World Champions to be seeded in the event. 16 Qualifiers to be chosen to take part. - (Must have either appeared in two World Championships at the Crucible or at least won one match at the Crucible Theatre.)
• 16 Seeded players taken from the 21 Crucible World Champions – ranked on their Crucible record (with scores from more recent Championships weighted heavier)
▪ World Champion – 3 Points
▪ Runner Up – 2 Points
▪ Semi-Final – 1 Points
▪ Weighting: 1970s: x1, 1980s: x2, 1990s: x3, 2000s: x4, 2010s: x5
• Competition: To be arranged under the standard World Championship Format – Number 1 Seed at top of draw, Number 2 seed at the bottom etc.
Calculated as follows:
• 50% Head-2-Head Crucible Record – weighted by round (so a World Final is worth 5 points, a First Round match worth 1 point.
(In the event that two players face each other who have never met at the Crucible then World Championship record will be used to calculate this half of the score based on the 3 for a Win, 2 for a Runner-Up and 1 for a Semi-Final formula) – This will be weighted to give 25% rather than 50% of the result however)
• 50% to a vote.
Scores to be calculated to give a Match Result, e.g. 10-5 etc. 13-6 etc.
- Posts: 4830
- Joined: 20 December 2009
- Location: Sheffield
- Highest Break: 28
- Walk-On: Vangelis 1492 Conquest of Paradise