Post a reply

Re: 2019 United Kingdom Championship Prediction Contest

Postby HappyCamper

Johnny Bravo wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Blimey, 2 days away and Pink looks like he's on for 28 trillion points.

If you bet all your points every session and predicted all winners correctly, and ignoring the effects of correct score bonuses and the like, then you could end up with 209,715,200 points.

Wow. I didn't knew that. HappyCamper, u are a balanced poster. Since nobody is gonna pick me to take Wildey's place, I propose u. What do u say ?

That's very kind of you to say, though I really I think it's up to Dan and Andre to determine if they need any extra help.

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Blimey, 2 days away and Pink looks like he's on for 28 trillion points.

If you bet all your points every session and predicted all winners correctly, and ignoring the effects of correct score bonuses and the like, then you could end up with 209,715,200 points.

Wow. I didn't knew that. HappyCamper, u are a balanced poster. Since nobody is gonna pick me to take Wildey's place, I propose u. What do u say ?

Good suggestion.

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Good suggestion.

Before appointing new mods, I think a more pressing concern should somehow be to try and wrest control of this site away from Roland. I am sick and tired of having a sword of Damocles hanging over this place. It seems the threat of this forum getting shut down is a constant one, and it won't change unless somebody else is in charge.

Someone needs to lead the way. It won't be me, but I would be more than happy to contribute financially if need be.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Good suggestion.

Before appointing new mods, I think a more pressing concern should somehow be to try and wrest control of this site away from Roland. I am sick and tired of having a sword of Damocles hanging over this place. It seems the threat of this forum getting shut down is a constant one, and it won't change unless somebody else is in charge.

Someone needs to lead the way. It won't be me, but I would be more than happy to contribute financially if need be.

That is a very good idea. Roland doesn't care anyway.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Good suggestion.

me too, definately.

Dan would be the obvious choice as an Administrator.

Postby carayip

Third Round - Best of 11 Frames - Deadline 7pm Monday 2nd December
John Higgins v Ian Burns - 4500 points - Higgins to win - 6-3
Matthew Stevens v Anthony Hamilton - 100 points - Stevens to win - 6-5
Mark Allen v Ben Woollaston - 4500 points - Allen to win - 6-3
Gary Wilson v Joe Perry - 100 points - Wilson to win - 6-5

Postby Ck147

John Higgins v Ian Burns - 483 points - Higgins to win - 6-4
Mark Allen v Ben Woollaston - 483 points - Allen to win - 6-2

Postby McManusFan

Third Round - Best of 11 Frames - Deadline 7pm Monday 2nd December 1600
John Higgins v Ian Burns - 795 points - Higgins to win - 6-4
Matthew Stevens v Anthony Hamilton - 5 points - Hamilton to win - 6-5
Mark Allen v Ben Woollaston - 795 points - Allen to win - 6-2
Alan McManus v Kurt Maflin - 5 point - McManus to win - 6-4

Cheers

Postby HappyCamper

John Higgins v Ian Burns - 21,865 points - John Higgins to win - 6-3

Mark Allen v Ben Woollaston - 21,865 points - Mark Allen to win - 6-2

Postby PLtheRef

Please find attached the latest table after the Monday afternoon session. With the Bond win over Trump, the tallies have changed somewhat.

96774 PINKBALL 14 - 3 BALANCE: 270
43731 HAPPYCAMPER 17 - 3 BALANCE: 1
9630 CARAYIP 64 - 17 BALANCE: 430
1605 MCMANUSFAN 45 - 8 BALANCE: 5
1096 PLTHEREF 21 - 2 BALANCE: 846
1000 JOHNNY BRAVO 11 - 3 BALANCE: 1000
966 CK147 7 - 1 BALANCE: 0
254 WILDEY 36 - 8 BALANCE: 213
240 RAPHAEL98 16 - 6 BALANCE: 205
174 ANDRE147 11 - 3 BALANCE: 174
56 DAN-CAT 4 - 2 BALANCE: 56
-10 ERASERHEAD 11 - 4 BALANCE: -10*

Eraserhead is entitled to stake enough points to achieve +10 points (In this case 20)

A few notices too!
I am unaware of what has gone on on the forum over the past day or two - but I completely agree with Dan-Cat that this thread isn't the place to be discussing potential moderators - and suitability to be as such. It clogs up this thread with irrelevant posts, and personally I'm not convinced it should be a matter for discussion in any case and should be a matter for the existing mods and Roland to judge.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Secondly - the Format for this Prediction Contest. - I acknowledge that this format is very different to the formats which prediction contests normally use and that there are some potential flaws which have been highlighted - that's to say that no-one has done anything other than follow the rules. Given that this is a format which has been adapted from the previous one (taking into account the potential flaws highlighted in that contest) - it does obviously lead to the question whether a 'stakes' format is suitable for prediction contests on this site.

Last Friday, I received a message on here from someone who offered some constructive feedback on the format - where they saw the flaws in the format and how they might be addressed. I want to say that I'm grateful for that (and any constructive feedback) and replied to the poster saying so. Any constructive feedback I'll be happy to take it on board - however, subsequently a message I received from the same poster a couple of days later, reminding me that this is 'not your best system' - I don't feel was constructive or necessary given the feedback before and makes me wonder why spend the hours running the prediction contest???

Any feedback - whether you like the format, or loathe the format or in the middle is welcome - people will prefer different things, and it is good to try out new/alternative formats to see whether they work or not. However, I do feel feedback whether it is praise or criticism should be constructive at least.

Apologies for the long winded post, but it is something I felt I needed to get off the chest

Postby McManusFan

Thanks for running the comp PL, it looks like it's a lot more work than the standard format. I personally quite like this format, although it is perhaps better suited to shorter tournaments like the Masters or Tour championship where there are less predictable matches.

Thanks again!

Postby Ck147

Third Round - Best of 11 Frames - Deadline 1pm Tuesday 3rd December
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Noppon Saengkham - 966 points - ROS to win - 6 - 2

Postby Ck147

McManusFan wrote:Thanks for running the comp PL, it looks like it's a lot more work than the standard format. I personally quite like this format, although it is perhaps better suited to shorter tournaments like the Masters or Tour championship where there are less predictable matches.

Thanks again!

Thanks as well PL, kind of agree with McManusFan, right now looks like this format might be better suited to shorter events that are less predictable, otherwise too much of a gap opens up between participants. Although, it could go badly wrong for some towards the end, so happy to wait until the final before making a final judgment.

Postby carayip

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Noppon Saengkham - 9000 points - O’Sullivan to win - 6-2
Ding Junhui - v Allister Carter - 100 points - Carter to win - 6-5
Liang Wenbo v Eden Sharav - 4000 points - Liang to win - 6-2
Stephen Maguire v Graeme Dott - 500 points - Maguire to win - 6-5

Postby McManusFan

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Noppon Saengkham - 1600 points - Ronnie to win - 6-3
Ding Junhui - v Allister Carter - 1 points - Ding to win - 6-5
Liang Wenbo v Eden Sharav - 1 points - Liang to win - 6-3
Stephen Maguire v Graeme Dott 3 points - Dott to win - 6-4

Postby PLtheRef

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Noppon Saengkham - 500 points - O'Sullivan to win - 6-2

Mark Selby v Martin O'Donnell - 500 points - Selby to win - 6-3

Postby Raphael98

3rd December 1pm Matches

Ronnie O'Sullivan 6-3 Noppon Saengkham - 15 points
Ding Junhui 6-4 Allister Carter - 10 points
Liang Wenbo 6-3 Eden Sharav - 10 points
Stephen Maguire 5-6 Graeme Dott - 10 points

7pm Matches

Jack Lisowski 4-6 Yan Bingtao - 17 points
Mark Davis 3-6 Michael White - 10 points
Mark Selby 6-1 Martin O'Donnell - 13 points
Gary Wilson 6-5 Joe Perry - 10 points

Postby carayip

Third Round - Best of 11 Frames - Deadline 7pm Tuesday 3rd December
Jack Lisowski v Yan Bingtao - 5000 points - Lisowski to win - 6-4
Mark Davis v Michael White - 5000 points - Davis to win - 6-4
Mark Selby v Martin O'Donnell - 10000 points - Selby to win - 6-3

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote:Just for the record you lot of bucking tits couldnt run a bucking bath

How could you possibly know that ?! :chin: Are you Nostradamus ? :chuckle:

Wildey wrote: Only Roland can apoint Mods so pin ends like Cloud strife and bucking Johnny ...... Bravo got no bucking chance

We'll bake him a cake and he'll like us. Plus, he made you a mod and you're not exactly oozing charisma ;-) :chuckle:

Wildey wrote: bucking Johnny grunting Bravo

Last edited by PLtheRef on 03 Dec 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: REMOVAL OF A POSTER'S ACTUAL NAME