Post a reply

2020/21 Prediction Contest Sign-Ups

Postby PLtheRef

Hi all,

Please find attached below a sign-up sheet for the 2019/20 season

Firstly, a huge thank you to everyone who has taken part or run a prediction contest so far this season. It has been great to see so many contests taking place in the season so far.

Following discussions with Wildey, I thought it'd be a good idea to have a sign-ups thread for the prediction contests for the rest of the season in the lead-up to the Crucible in April.

Guidlines
The member who is running the prediction contest is free to choose the format and points system for their contest. In the spirit of fairness, predictions for the Final of those who can mathematically win the contest should be received via PM.

The World Championship prediction contest should be run using the established format of previous years or similar to.

The World Championship contest should have a mod keeping score alongside the member running the contest (for comparison and as a check)

Please feel free to sign up to run any of the prediction contests below:

UK Championship 2019 (24th November-8th December) - PLtheRef
Scottish Open 2019 (9th-15th December) - Badsnookerplayer

Masters 2020 (12th-19th January) - Johnny Bravo
European Masters 2020 (22nd-26th January) - Alex0Paul
German Masters 2020 (29th January-2nd February) -
World Grand Prix 2020 (3rd-9th February) - Wildey
Welsh Open 2020 (10th-16th February) - PLtheRef
Shootout 2020 (20th-23rd February) -
Players Championship 2020 - (24th February-1st March) - Eraserhead
Gibraltar Open 2020 - (11th-15th March) -
Tour Championship 2020 (17th-22nd March) - Iranu
China Open 2020 (30th March-5th April) -
World Snooker Championship qualifying (8th-15th April)
World Snooker Championship 2020 (18th April - 4th May -

Re: 2019/20 Prediction Contest Sign-Ups

Postby Iranu

I’m happy to do any one of the Masters and the Coral Series, or any of the fewer-field events really.

Don’t have the time or commitment for any of the 128 format events.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:I’m happy to do any one of the Masters and the Coral Series, or any of the fewer-field events really.

Don’t have the time or commitment for any of the 128 format events.

ill tell you what no need to commit to anything now wait until after the UK and decide obviously the masters needs someone to do it straight in the new year.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I will do one but would appreciate a little mentoring as I am nervous about messing it up

Let him do a final and see how he does. I think it's too big a risk right now giving him a full tournament. BSP is generally a bit rubbish.

Says the man who posts everything twice in his own thread.

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I will do one but would appreciate a little mentoring as I am nervous about messing it up

Let him do a final and see how he does. I think it's too big a risk right now giving him a full tournament. BSP is generally a bit rubbish.

Says the man who posts everything twice in his own thread.

No I don't. There are two separate threads.

Postby PLtheRef

I'm happy to keep score alongside you if you'd like. Let me know which one you would like to run. (I can't run the Scottish Open as it clashes with the Election and also my brothers Stag weekend)

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Said I was happy to do it - anyone got templates?

Ain;t run one before

World snooker website, Scottish Open sessions.

For how to make templates just check one of the 128 events.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Can I do the Masters ?

You feel you up for it?

If so, yes you can.

Bear in mind Johnny thinks he’s up to the task of beating Nigel Bond.

He’s perhaps not the best judge of his capabilities.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

You feel you up for it?

If so, yes you can.

Bear in mind Johnny thinks he’s up to the task of beating Nigel Bond.

He’s perhaps not the best judge of his capabilities.

I fancy my chances against Bond. He's very afraid to take on shots so that gives me a huge advantage.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:

Ain;t run one before

i would help him but time of year and all that wont have time maybe we should give this one a miss and start again with the Masters.

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

You feel you up for it?

If so, yes you can.

Yes I do. :-D

Good, then do it next year for The Masters.

Postby Ck147

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Ain;t run one before

i would help him but time of year and all that wont have time maybe we should give this one a miss and start again with the Masters.

I'm sure BSP can cope, remember he is highly educated.

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I am sorry for the letdown but I have some stuff on and I won't be able to do a good job.

I will do one sometime soon and sorry for the late notice everybody

Would you have time to split responsibilities? Eg you publish daily schedules and I keep track of results, or vice-versa? Want to do one of these myself but starting on a 128 probably a bit much as well as being a bit busy myself.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ck147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I am sorry for the letdown but I have some stuff on and I won't be able to do a good job.

I will do one sometime soon and sorry for the late notice everybody

Would you have time to split responsibilities? Eg you publish daily schedules and I keep track of results, or vice-versa? Want to do one of these myself but starting on a 128 probably a bit much as well as being a bit busy myself.

Thanks CK.

I am gonna skip it as I am getting home late atm and can't really run it from my mobile easily

Postby carayip

I can take over the Scottish Open comp if no one else wants to do it. I don’t want to do it originally as my fav player is not taking part. But I hope no comp is skipped as these kind of comps can spark our viewing interest

Postby Andre147

carayip wrote:I can take over the Scottish Open comp if no one else wants to do it. I don’t want to do it originally as my fav player is not taking part. But I hope no comp is skipped as these kind of comps can spark our viewing interest

if you want to do it then go for it, but better put up the templates soon or very few will enter.

You can post it here if you want and I'll transfer it to the Predictions section.

Postby carayip

Andre147 wrote:
carayip wrote:I can take over the Scottish Open comp if no one else wants to do it. I don’t want to do it originally as my fav player is not taking part. But I hope no comp is skipped as these kind of comps can spark our viewing interest

if you want to do it then go for it, but better put up the templates soon or very few will enter.

You can post it here if you want and I'll transfer it to the Predictions section.

Posted in the general forum

Postby Andre147

carayip wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Posted in the general forum

I've moved it.

Postby PLtheRef

Not snooker related but would anyone be interested in a prediction contest for either the election or PDC World Championship???

Happy to run either or both.