This year marks the 12th World Championship Prediction Contest and marks the tenth World Championship contest on Snooker Island. Having won the title for a second time last year, SavoMilosevic will be seeking to defend the title and win a third World Championship Contest. Wildey will be back also determined to take his third World Championship prediction title also whilst many others will be seeking to add their names to the SI roll of honour.
Last year saw a record saw SavoMilosevic achieve a World Championship record score of 213 in the current format - alongside a record winning margin of 30 points - eclipsing the previous mark of 26. He also became the first World Champion to have mathematically won the contest prior to the Final.
The roll of honour list is as follows:
2008 - Armchair de Critique/Smart - (606 Forum)
2009 - Casey - (Break-Off)
2010 - Alex0Paul
2011 - Jadechelsea
2012 - Wildey
2013 - Random05
2014 - SavoMilosevic
2015 - McChazzz
2016 - Wildey
2017 - SnookerFan
2018 - SavoMilosevic 2WC
The format for the 2019 World Championship Prediction Contest remains the same as previous years.
1. Match Winner Predictions:
A Seeded player defeats a qualifier = 6 points
A Seeded player defeats a Seeded player = 7 points
A qualifier defeats a qualifier = 7 points
A qualifier defeats a Seeded player = 8 points
This system will run throughout the tournament.
2. Correct Score Predictions:
Round 1 to quarter-final: correct score = 4 points, 1 frame out = 2 points
Semi-final and Final: correct score = 5 points, 1 frame out = 3 points, 2 frames out = 1 point
You only get the points if you predict the correct winner of the match.
3. Maximum Break Game:
- pick any number of players to make a maximum break
- if a player you've nominated makes a maximum break you get 12 points
- if you nominate a player who fails to get a maximum break you lose 3 points
- if you do not predict a maximum break you receive no points
(A maximum break is defined as a 147 with 15 reds or a 155 with 15 reds + free ball red)
4. Hi Break and Centuries Game:
- Pick a player to score the 2019 World Championship's highest break.
- Pick the Score of the highest break
- Pick the total number of centuries that will be scored in the 2019 World Championship
- If your chosen player scores the highest break you receive 6 points
- If your chosen highest break is correct you receive 6 points with 1 point less for each point out
(E.g. a predicted HB of 145 with a correct HB of 143, receives 4 points)
- If your chosen number of centuries is correct you receive 6 points, with 1 point less for each century out
(E.g. predicted 81 centuries with a correct total of 77 centuries, receives 2 points)
5.Tournament Winner Predictions:
Each entrant may choose any 2 names for overall victory.
12 points for predicting a winner, 6 points for predicting a runner-up.
6. Tie-breaking Criteria
- Most correct predicted winners
- Most correctly predicted scores
- Highest total of bonus points from Maximum break, High Break and Tournament winner)
The deadline for naming your nominations for a 147 maker; Highest break maker, score and centuries; and tournament winners is 10am Saturday 20th April
All 31 matches will have their own deadline (start of play) with a template to be posted for all 16 First Round matches on the evening of Thursday 18th April.
Good Luck to All Entrants!
- Posts: 4233
- Joined: 20 December 2009
- Location: Sheffield
- Highest Break: 28
- Walk-On: Vangelis 1492 Conquest of Paradise