This is the ninth World Championship Prediction Contest with as always the Competition using the tried and tested format of the previous few years. It's also a contest which has never been won more than once.
2008 - Armchair de Critique/Smart
2009 - Casey
2010 - Alex0Paul
2011 - Jadechelsea
2012 - Wildey
2013 - Random05
2014 - SavoMilosevic
2015 - McChazzz
1. Match winner predictions
A Seeded player defeats a qualifier = 6 points
A Seeded player defeats a Seeded player = 7 points
A qualifier defeats a qualifier = 7 points
A qualifier defeats a Seeded player = 8 points
This system will run throughout the tournament.
2. Correct score predictions:
Round 1 to quarter-final: correct score = 4 points, 1 frame out = 2 points
Semi-final and Final: correct score = 5 points, 1 frame out = 3 points, 2 frames out = 1 point
You only get the points if you predict the correct winner
3. Maximum break game:
- pick any number of players to make a maximum break
- if a player you've nominated makes a maximum break you get 12 points
- if you nominate a player who fails to get a maximum break you lose 3 points
- if you do not predict a maximum break you receive no points
(A maximum break is defined as a 147 with 15 reds or a 155 with 15 reds + free ball red)
4. Tournament winner predictions:
Each entrant may choose any 2 names for overall victory.
12 points for predicting a winner, 6 points for predicting a runner-up.
In the event one or more scores are level at the conclusion of the contest then the following criteria shall be applies.
- Most correct predicted winners
- Most correctly predicted scores
The deadline for naming your nominations for a 147 maker and your tournament winners is 10am Saturday 16th April - Templates for the first round will open once the draw for the First Round is made on Thursday 14th April
GOOD LUCK TO ALL ENTRANTS!
- Posts: 4697
- Joined: 20 December 2009
- Location: Sheffield
- Highest Break: 28
- Walk-On: Vangelis 1492 Conquest of Paradise