Post a reply

Re: THE 2016 MASTERS PREDICTION CHAMPIONSHIP

Postby king.kauto

Cloud Strife wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:Is it ok if I change my prediction for the other semi? I'd like to alter it to 6-2.

Yeah, okay.

In that case ill change all of mine.

What a joke, tactical changes after seeing everyone's predictions.

Absolute bucking disgrace.

Postby Cloud Strife

king.kauto wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:Is it ok if I change my prediction for the other semi? I'd like to alter it to 6-2.

Yeah, okay.

In that case ill change all of mine.

What a joke, tactical changes after seeing everyone's predictions.

Absolute bucking disgrace.

The deadline is there for a reason. Change your predictions a million times before the deadline if that's what you want, fine by me. Also, 6-3 to 6-2 is hardly an earth shattering difference, is it? <doh>

Postby Cloud Strife

THE FINAL - BEST OF 19 FRAMES - DEADLINE 1PM SUNDAY 17TH JANUARY
10-10 BARRY HAWKINS B v STUART BINGHAM A or
10-10 BARRY HAWKINS B v RONNIE O'SULLIVAN B

Can the following people PM their predictions (it is also fine if you simply prefer to post your prediction here in this thread):

- ANDRE147
- CLARA8633
- SMART
- ERASERHEAD
- SUNDAYGIRL
- WILDEY
- SNOOKERFAN

In the interest of fairness, once you have made your prediction for the final you will NOT be allowed to change them.

Postby PLtheRef

Cloud Strife wrote:THE FINAL - BEST OF 19 FRAMES - DEADLINE 1PM SUNDAY 17TH JANUARY

Can the following people PM their predictions (it is also fine if you simply prefer to post your prediction here in this thread):

- ANDRE147
- CLARA8633
- SMART
- ERASERHEAD
- SUNDAYGIRL
- WILDEY
- SNOOKERFAN

In the interest of fairness, once you have made your prediction for the final you will NOT be allowed to change them .

You shouldn't be changing the rules during a contest. If Clara has been allowed to change her prediction (a rather poor call IMO) then everyone needs to be allowed to. You can't allow one to and then stop everyone else.

In addition PMing your prediction to Skullman doesn't negate any advantage you might have. You still get the benefit of seeing what the others predict and "adapting" your prediction accordingly. To make it fair - everyone needing to PM predictions should PM them to Skullman should he be willing to receive them.

Clara's new prediction shouldn't have been allowed to stand. 6-3 doesn't change anything but 6-2 certainly does (Clara just so happens to go in front if it finishes 6-2) and its a change which she wouldn't have asked for had she still been in front

Postby Cloud Strife

PLtheRef wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:THE FINAL - BEST OF 19 FRAMES - DEADLINE 1PM SUNDAY 17TH JANUARY

- ANDRE147
- CLARA8633
- SMART
- ERASERHEAD
- SUNDAYGIRL
- WILDEY
- SNOOKERFAN

In the interest of fairness, once you have made your prediction for the final you will NOT be allowed to change them .

You shouldn't be changing the rules during a contest. If Clara has been allowed to change her prediction (a rather poor call IMO) then everyone needs to be allowed to. You can't allow one to and then stop everyone else.

In addition PMing your prediction to Skullman doesn't negate any advantage you might have. You still get the benefit of seeing what the others predict and "adapting" your prediction accordingly. To make it fair - everyone needing to PM predictions should PM them to Skullman should he be willing to receive them.

Clara's new prediction shouldn't have been allowed to stand. 6-3 doesn't change anything but 6-2 certainly does (Clara just so happens to go in front if it finishes 6-2) and its a change which she wouldn't have asked for had she still been in front

I knew this accusation would come up. That's why I sent my prediction to Skullman straightaway before anyone else had made their predictions. You can ask him what time I sent him my prediction. All above board and fair, IMO.

As for Clara changing her prediction, I've always allowed it in previous contests that I've run. The final is different though, it would be foolish to allow changes for that. Any previous requests to do so would have been knocked back by me.

Anyway, seeing as people have a problem with it (which is fair enough) I will simply go back and accept only Clara's original prediction.

Postby Clara8633

PLtheRef wrote:Clara's new prediction shouldn't have been allowed to stand. 6-3 doesn't change anything but 6-2 certainly does (Clara just so happens to go in front if it finishes 6-2) and its a change which she wouldn't have asked for had she still been in front

I fully understand that. I hesitated before doing it but thought it would be ok as long as I didn't break any rules. Also, if I send a prediction after the person in front has sent theirs, wouldn't it be the same thing?

Postby Cloud Strife

DAY SEVEN TABLE (14/15)

67 ANDRE147 10 - 3
65 CLARA8633 9 - 4
64 SMART 10 - 2
63 CLOUD STRIFE 9 - 3
60 ERASERHEAD 8 - 2
60 SUNDAYGIRL 7 - 3
56 JMAL1 9 - 2
56 WILDEY 8 - 3
56 SNOOKERFAN 8 - 2
53 BORIS_THE_BUTCHER 8 - 2
52 THECLEAVER 9 - 1
51 KOLOMPAR 8 - 2
50 PLTHEREF 8 - 2
49 HOLDEN CHINASKI 7 - 2
43 PASUNEGIRAFE 6 - 3
41 SKULLMAN 7 - 1
34 KING.KAUTO 6 - 1
37 VODKADIET 6 - 1

Postby Cloud Strife

DAY SEVEN TABLE (14/15)

67 ANDRE147 10 - 3
65 CLARA8633 9 - 4
64 SMART 10 - 2
63 CLOUD STRIFE 9 - 3
60 ERASERHEAD 8 - 2
60 SUNDAYGIRL 7 - 3
56 JMAL1 9 - 2
56 WILDEY 8 - 3
56 SNOOKERFAN 8 - 2
53 BORIS_THE_BUTCHER 8 - 2
52 THECLEAVER 9 - 1
51 KOLOMPAR 8 - 2
50 PLTHEREF 8 - 2
49 HOLDEN CHINASKI 7 - 2
43 PASUNEGIRAFE 6 - 3
41 SKULLMAN 7 - 1
37 VODKADIET 6 - 1
34 KING.KAUTO 6 - 1

Postby Skullman

I am fine to receive PMs for predicts as long as Cloud alright with it.

I will also confirm that Cloud had already sent him PM before the match was finished (20:47 according the board time, so 19:47 GMT)

Postby Cloud Strife

eraserhead wrote:I might be wrong, but did my score not change after Ronnies match?

Yeah, you were on 53, now you're on 60. :shrug:

Don't worry about the two I just posted consecutively. Just fixed an error on the first one.

Postby Andre147

Clara8633 wrote:Cloud Strife, shouldn't I be at 61 points rather than 65 since I got the scoreline of tonight's match wrong?

I think you should be yes.

And by the way, very sporting gesture from you there. Respect :bowdown:

Postby Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:

- ANDRE147
- CLARA8633
- SMART
- ERASERHEAD
- SUNDAYGIRL
- WILDEY
- SNOOKERFAN

I knew this accusation would come up. That's why I sent my prediction to Skullman straightaway before anyone else had made their predictions. You can ask him what time I sent him my prediction. All above board and fair, IMO.

As for Clara changing her prediction, I've always allowed it in previous contests that I've run. The final is different though, it would be foolish to allow changes for that. Any previous requests to do so would have been knocked back by me.

Anyway, seeing as people have a problem with it (which is fair enough) I will simply go back and accept only Clara's original prediction.

After the fuss raised earlier I decided to accept your original prediction and not change it. So you are correctly on the score of 65.