Post a reply

Re: Prediction discussion !!!!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:DAFABET WORLD SNOOKER CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL - BEST OF 35 FRAMES - DEADLINE 2PM SUNDAY MAY 4TH

18-14 RONNIE O'SULLIVAN (ENG,1) v MARK SELBY (ENG,3)

Crazy. I just wanted to post that myself :-D

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:DAFABET WORLD SNOOKER CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL - BEST OF 35 FRAMES - DEADLINE 2PM SUNDAY MAY 4TH

18-14 RONNIE O'SULLIVAN (ENG,1) v MARK SELBY (ENG,3)

Crazy. I just wanted to post that myself :-D

Great minds think alike :-D :clap:

Postby Wildey

Winner in 2012
Runner up in 2013
Second going in to the Final in 2014

Nobody does it better :D

Postby Wildey

AC or LT? wrote:And now we point out there's no skill involved in prediction just luck.

Fancy passing over next weeks lotto numbers wild?

your right but i am consistently lucky

Postby GJ

A Selby win

Postby GJ

Cloud Strife wrote:
GJ wrote:A Selby win

Is your name Wild?

No but I can read his mind :-)

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:Wild, what did you predict for the final?

as if id tell you.

paddy will tell all later

Postby Skullman

Is Savo Milosevic not still in it? Or did he have to send you a PM and his predict in the thread void?

Postby PLtheRef

The prediction in the thread stands. Entrants are invited to PM predictions to me to stop any arguments arising should the leader pick the same prediction as the second placed entry as has happened before.

However predictions posted in the thread do stand but don't get removed. Essentially allowing their prediction to be visible if they so wish

Postby GJ

Do it Cl eaver

Postby PLtheRef

Have to say I'm not putting down any permutations out because I've been caught out before, Will be interesting who's predictions stand up. I'm fairly sure I'm out now because I need a 147 and an 18-14 Ronnie win

Postby PLtheRef

FINAL RESULT - DAFABET WORLD SNOOKER CHAMPIONSHIPS

199 SAVOMILOSEVIC WC 28 - 1
198 THECLEAVER 24 - 2
195 ALEX0PAUL 24 - 4
192 WILDEY 24 - 5
190 CLOUD STRIFE 24 - 3
185 JMAL1 24 - 4
175 RANDAM05 23 - 4
174 SKULLMAN 23 - 3
171 HOLDENCHINASKI 21 - 5
167 SNOOKER OVERDRIVE 22 - 2
167 SMART 21 - 3
166 PLTHEREF 21 - 3
164 ANDRE147 22 - 2
161 JADECHELSEA 20 - 3
157 SLOWJOE 21 - 3
147 SUNDAYGIRL 20 - 2
147 VODKADIET 18 - 4
138 NICE_SHOES_KEN 19 - 1
138 KOLOMPAR 18 - 3
137 CONORS9 18 - 0
136 AC OR LT? 18 - 2
134 BORIS_THE_BUTCHER 18 - 1
134 JDM375 17 - 4
125 AYRSHIREBHOY 18 - 0
111 DRLOG147 15 - 2
111 GJ 12 - 3
86 SNOOKY147 11 - 3
86 MEDHI99 10 - 1
63 GNOMY 9 - 0

Maximum Score 334

Tied scores have been decided by correct winners followed by correct scorelines.

And its Many Congratulations to SAVOMILOSEVIC WC who becomes the seventh winner of this contest since it began in 2008. Comiserations go to TheCleaver who was just edged out (had TC not gone for Ronnie to make a maximum then he would have pipped Savo for the title.

Well done to all of those who have made this the most thrilling contest for quite some time.

Postby Alex0paul

My typo of going for Hawkins instead of O'Sullivan has cost me dear

Postby TheCleaver

That's a shame, couldn't have done much more though as I had both finalists and got the final spot on. Both me and Savo went 147 for Ronnie so only edge there would have been if I had hadn't. Had some close calls on predictions too like Guodong v Carter and Dale v Hawkins but not to be. Can I not get 2 additional points for predicting both finalists? Lol. <laugh>

Anyway well done Savo :hatoff:

been a great contest and I think closest I have come to getting big one (Think only one of the big 3 I haven't won) given I won masters on here and UK on 606.

Hope GJ not too disappointed as know he was rooting for me in the final (If going to come 2nd though then do it in style Selby win and correct score!)

Postby PLtheRef

Alex0paul wrote:My typo of going for Hawkins instead of O'Sullivan has cost me dear

It's amazing that for all of the predictions, 31 matches that take place it just comes down to the one prediction that makes the difference.

That said, to get 28 out of 31 right and not win would have been rather odd.

Postby PLtheRef

TheCleaver wrote:That's a shame, couldn't have done much more though as I had both finalists and got the final spot on. Both me and Savo went 147 for Ronnie so only edge there would have been if I had hadn't. Had some close calls on predictions too like Guodong v Carter and Dale v Hawkins but not to be. Can I not get 2 additional points for predicting both finalists? Lol. <laugh>

been a great contest and I think closest I have come to getting big one (Think only one of the big 3 I haven't won) given I won masters on here and UK on 606.

Hope GJ not too disappointed as know he was rooting for me in the final (If going to come 2nd though then do it in style Selby win and correct score!)

hat off to you too. Some terrific predictions from you when it matter most and you almost pulled it off from being nowhere earlier on

Postby TheCleaver

PLtheRef wrote:
TheCleaver wrote:That's a shame, couldn't have done much more though as I had both finalists and got the final spot on. Both me and Savo went 147 for Ronnie so only edge there would have been if I had hadn't. Had some close calls on predictions too like Guodong v Carter and Dale v Hawkins but not to be. Can I not get 2 additional points for predicting both finalists? Lol. <laugh>

hat off to you too. Some terrific predictions from you when it matter most and you almost pulled it off from being
nowhere earlier on

Thanks Paddy, Yes I remember looking at it going into Semis and that I would be nowhere near winning so to lose by a point is not shabby at all.

Another well run contest and I look forward to many more from you next season!

Fantasy Point – World snooker tour 2014/15 fantasy game

Postby Fantasy Point

Hello dear snooker fans,

let me introduce you to a brand new website, that specializes in fantasy games – Fantasy Point. Snooker, as one of my favourite sports, has the honor of being the very first competition being held. As I have found out, you guys are no strangers to fantasy snooker games yourselves, so I won't dull you with all the details – just a quick intro:

- free of charge
- game will cover 13 major tournaments, 2 of which have already been successfully completed
- as a team manager, you have to pick 4 – 6 players from the world tour
- trade them in and out between tournaments carefully
- have as much fun in the process as you can

Next scheduled tournament is Shanghai Masters, which as you already know starts in just about a week. So if you want to put your snooker knowledge to the test, take a look at http://www.fantasy-point.com and create a team! If you have any questions, suggestions or run into any problems, please send me an email to info@fantasy-point.com or send me a PM here.

See ya on the leaderboard! :happy:

PS: I hope the link works as the spam filter denied the original link. If it doesn't, just copy the link into the browser.

Postby Clara8633

AC or LT? wrote:It'd be nice if there was an IC predict contest? I'll run it if no-one else wants to.

That would be fun. I've never participated in one before so I'd like to give it a try.

Postby Wildey

AC or LT? wrote:It'd be nice if there was an IC predict contest? I'll run it if no-one else wants to.

You go for it

i havent got the time next week.

as a non mod you cant start a thread in predictions Start it in International Championship section and ill move it to predictions