Post a reply

Re: 2014 CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS PREDICTION CONTEST

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:Can you explain why this is split into groups when it appears to be a last 16 onwards knock out?

The format is very much like the Masters, you're right it doesn't make much sense splitting the players into groups but that's how the tournament is run, it was like this last year, so PL just makes the templates like World Snooker has it.

Postby PLtheRef

Andre147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Can you explain why this is split into groups when it appears to be a last 16 onwards knock out?

The format is very much like the Masters, you're right it doesn't make much sense splitting the players into groups but that's how the tournament is run, it was like this last year, so PL just makes the templates like World Snooker has it.

It's set out in groups in the tournament format, with matches in a group taking place on the same day - including group finals - so in effect the first QF would be played before six of the first round matches.

Postby PLtheRef

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:I thought the group finals were best of 11, weren't they?

they are indeed, just like last year, PL must have got it wrong.

How? I've put the format as best of 11 frames.

Postby Andre147

PLtheRef wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:I thought the group finals were best of 11, weren't they?

they are indeed, just like last year, PL must have got it wrong.

How? I've put the format as best of 11 frames.

When you first posted it it showed Group Final with 4-4 in the scores instead of 6-6. You edited later I guess.