The Contest will be run using the tried and tested format of the last few years. The contest is to find who gets WC after their name, or for the select few 2WC.
1. Match winner predictions
A Seeded player defeats a qualifier = 6 points
A Seeded player defeats a Seeded player = 7 points
A qualifier defeats a qualifier = 7 point
A qualifier defeats a Seeded player = 8 points
This system will run throughout the tournament.
2. Correct score predictions:
Round 1 to quarter-final: correct score = 4 points, 1 frame out = 2 points
Semi-final and Final: correct score = 5 points, 1 frame out = 3 points, 2 frames out = 1 point
You only get the points if you predict the correct winner
3. Maximum break game:
- pick any number of players to make a maximum break
- if a player you've nominated makes a maximum break you get 12 points
- if you nominate a player who fails to get a maximum break you lose 3 points
- if you do not predict a maximum break you receive no points
(A maximum break is defined as a 147 with 15 reds or a 155 with 15 reds + free ball red)
4. Tournament winner predictions:
Each entrant may choose any 2 names for overall victory.
12 points for predicting a winner, 6 points for predicting a runner-up.
5. Also, predictions must be in before the deadline set on the template. - Templates will split for the second round and quarter-finals.
The three strikes rule for missing deadlines will be in operation.
The deadline for the first round matches; naming your nominations for a 147 maker and your tournament winners is 10am Saturday 20th April - All First Round Matches Best of 19 Frames - First Round Template will be posted this afternoon
- Posts: 3709
- Joined: 20 December 2009
- Location: Sheffield
- Highest Break: 28
- Walk-On: Vangelis 1492 Conquest of Paradise