Post a reply

Re: DAFABET 2013 PTC Grand Final PREDICTION CONTEST

Postby Andre147

Jewell wrote:Wild, I have no intention of retaliating against anyone. Like alot of people, I too enjoy these contests so the last thing I would want is a repeat of the farce we have just had.

I'll post up the thread and if you see any problems feel free to takeover or give the reigns to someone else. Hell, you can even ban me if you feel I'm taking the snake hiss and I would have no arguments with that. BUT that won't be necessary as I intend to run the contest with fairness and integrity. :-)

Yeah I reckon you'll do a good job running that contest if PL agree with it. We can't afford to have absolute JOKES rofl rofl rofl <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> :no: :no: :no: :wave: :wave: :wave: of prediction contests like this one again. And I had a very good chance of actually winning this hadn't Smart put up that stupid deadline for Round 2 of this event some 19 hours before the macthes actually started. f course at the time I didn't know, and only checked at night and I was furious... Skull, take nothing away from him, but was a bit lucky to have posted those round results without missing that stupid deadline, but anyway...

What's done is done, and Skull deseverd his win. He is so good at this predictions that he has now 5 tourneys I think under his belt and going on like this could easily overtake Wild's 6 in the future and become the new Hendry of prediction contests. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:Well, myself and Skullman, between us, have won the last 5 contests (not counting the Shootout). So it looks it is turning into a duopoly. :D

this contest never really counted im sure skullman would agree with that and you win contests the current world champion not entering so in your words thoes are tin pot events <ok>

Postby Smart

Wild WC wrote:
Smart wrote:
Skullman wrote:Not saying you and Jewell did have a tantrum, but wasn't that what Smart was saying all throughout the contest? Don't think Smart or GJ can accuse me of that.

wild and jewell acted like little kids <ok>

The contest was run by the TD and his rules were clearly stated. Every other contest allows funny rules and this was no different.

Well done Skullman and take no notice of bad losers wild and jewell. Showing real unfriendly traits them 2. :wave:

CAN I REMIND YOU OF THIS POST
Sonny wrote:Goading moderators is foolish on any forum Jewell.

that doesn't only apply to jewell

DON'T PUSH IT

are you really a mod??? rofl

I thought snooky was the mod here now. <ok>

Postby Smart

Wild WC wrote:as i said PL is in charge of this section if he has no problem then neither do i.

i wont be participating myself ill have too much to do around easter time at the end of the week so i probably cant predict on the later rounds so no point starting.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

are you delivering easter eggs this year :gag: :wave: :gag: :wave:

Postby Smart

Andre147 wrote:
Jewell wrote:Wild, I have no intention of retaliating against anyone. Like alot of people, I too enjoy these contests so the last thing I would want is a repeat of the farce we have just had.

I'll post up the thread and if you see any problems feel free to takeover or give the reigns to someone else. Hell, you can even ban me if you feel I'm taking the snake hiss and I would have no arguments with that. BUT that won't be necessary as I intend to run the contest with fairness and integrity. :-)

Yeah I reckon you'll do a good job running that contest if PL agree with it. We can't afford to have absolute JOKES rofl rofl rofl <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> :no: :no: :no: :wave: :wave: :wave: of prediction contests like this one again. And I had a very good chance of actually winning this hadn't Smart put up that stupid deadline for Round 2 of this event some 19 hours before the macthes actually started. f course at the time I didn't know, and only checked at night and I was furious... Skull, take nothing away from him, but was a bit lucky to have posted those round results without missing that stupid deadline, but anyway...

What's done is done, and Skull deseverd his win. He is so good at this predictions that he has now 5 tourneys I think under his belt and going on like this could easily overtake Wild's 6 in the future and become the new Hendry of prediction contests. <laugh>

pmsl pmsl pmsl pmsl pmsl

you just were a bit careless and sloppy with not following the specified deadlines - you should take more care in future imo :wave:

Postby Skullman

Wild WC wrote:
Jewell wrote:Well, myself and Skullman, between us, have won the last 5 contests (not counting the Shootout). So it looks it is turning into a duopoly. :D

this contest never really counted im sure skullman would agree with that and you win contests the current world champion not entering so in your words thoes are tin pot events <ok>

I personally think contests from before I joined should be worth less as they were obviously done in a weaker era.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

I personally think contests from before I joined should be worth less as they were obviously done in a weaker era.

you are right of course <ok>

that's why my World Title is Worth even More :clap:

WILD WC :hatoff:

Postby Smart

Wild WC wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

you are right of course <ok>

that's why my World Title is Worth even More :clap:

WILD WC :hatoff:

just get the PGM updated with Skullmans excellent PTC grand final win you stupid hammer :wave:

Postby PLtheRef

Well, it's certainly been an interesting and intriguing contest.

Personally, I don't think Smart can be criticized for the for the templates. The length of the matches in question, were clearly marked, and as I said on Friday when I dropped off the rest of my predictions - it comes down to what is more straightforward for the TD. Personally I find it easier submitting first round predictions as a job lot - rather than day by day which occurs later.

From what I can see the points are added up to date.

Those however, are the only points I feel that I can stick up for Smart for.

It doesn't do the forum any good, if we have what is a proverbial snake hiss take in the shape of running a contest, as was done by someone, who definitely felt he wanted to make a point, given his vocalness in believing that no one other than himself was up to the job.

I told Smart to run one to show if he was any better as I'd had enough of some of his abuse, particularly during the 2012 World Championship. That said, I only see a ban from the site as genuine grounds for disqualifying someone, other than when members have gone AWOL on contests. However, somehow I think the adage 'Once you sign up, you cannot unsign' is sometimes appropriate, and guess who introduced that mantra.

That said, I don't think many who've been involved in the predictions situations before SI, were overly surprised at what happened. I've entered a prediction contest which Smart ran with 40 entries. A good number for a field, and Smart made a point of disqualifying entries for the flimsiest of 'offences' which meant that we ended up with fourteen (if that) finishers. A Premier League contest was suddenly ended just before the play-offs were due to begin (after everyone had put predictions in) - I'll be fair here and reliably state that he didn't happen to be in the lead at the time.

It's a shame because people as far as I can see, people enjoy these contests, and when not getting abuse, I enjoy running them, but I don't see how it helps or benefits the forum if someone runs it with the intention of trying to spoil it. An example of this being, bringing forward a deadline on the basis it seems of trying to catch people out.

Postby Andre147

PLtheRef wrote:Well, it's certainly been an interesting and intriguing contest.

Personally, I don't think Smart can be criticized for the for the templates. The length of the matches in question, were clearly marked, and as I said on Friday when I dropped off the rest of my predictions - it comes down to what is more straightforward for the TD. Personally I find it easier submitting first round predictions as a job lot - rather than day by day which occurs later.

It doesn't do the forum any good, if we have what is a proverbial snake hiss take in the shape of running a contest, as was done by someone, who definitely felt he wanted to make a point, given his vocalness in believing that no one other than himself was up to the job.

I told Smart to run one to show if he was any better as I'd had enough of some of his abuse, particularly during the 2012 World Championship. That said, I only see a ban from the site as genuine grounds for disqualifying someone, other than when members have gone AWOL on contests. However, somehow I think the adage 'Once you sign up, you cannot unsign' is sometimes appropriate, and guess who introduced that mantra.

That said, I don't think many who've been involved in the predictions situations before SI, were overly surprised at what happened. I've entered a prediction contest which Smart ran with 40 entries. A good number for a field, and Smart made a point of disqualifying entries for the flimsiest of 'offences' which meant that we ended up with fourteen (if that) finishers. A Premier League contest was suddenly ended just before the play-offs were due to begin (after everyone had put predictions in) - I'll be fair here and reliably state that he didn't happen to be in the lead at the time.

It's a shame because people as far as I can see, people enjoy these contests, and when not getting abuse, I enjoy running them, but I don't see how it helps or benefits the forum if someone runs it with the intention of trying to spoil it. An example of this being, bringing forward a deadline on the basis it seems of trying to catch people out.

That was definately his intencion there, bringing a deadline some odd 19 hours before the matches began so as to try and see how many missed it, unfortunately I was one of the many who missed it, so the critics made to Smart were all valid based on that. Yes every member who runs a prediction contest has the right to make their own rules regarding, for instance, points given, etc, but I definately think there should be a major rule for anyone who runs them: that the deadlines be when the macthes start in each round, rather than many many hours before cause, you know, not all people are stuck behind a pc every fu***** minute on SnookerIsland website. If Smart somehow proves that he can run a contest fair and square (though I highly doubt that) then he could run another. But I'd rather prefer it was someone with the at least a bit of common sense and be fair to everyone if they abide by the rules, but of course not the rules set in this prediction contest.

Postby Wildey

giving random deadlines at will also gives the TD a advantage because he knows when deadline will be...and smart being well off the pace at the time was a reason for him to see fit to do it

Postby GJ

Giving an early deadline means less chance of shadowng predicts

but the rexy bashers dont mention that ......

Postby Smart

Wild WC wrote:giving random deadlines at will also gives the TD a advantage because he knows when deadline will be...and smart being well off the pace at the time was a reason for him to see fit to do it

random deadlines are no different to random or bullocks rules......if TD says its okay its okay. Like I have said before I've seen some remarkably weird decisions on prediction contests but I'd like to think my 19 hours before deadline was up there with the best of them. :wave:

smart :hatoff:

Postby Smart

PLtheRef wrote:Well, it's certainly been an interesting and intriguing contest.

I think the only thing that was a slight downer on this contest, was the petulant behaviour from wild and jewell. They really let themselves down, moreso than usual.

I dont mind immaturity but this was beyond even my reckoning. <ok>

Postby Smart

Jewell wrote:
Wild WC wrote:giving random deadlines at will also gives the TD a advantage because he knows when deadline will be...and smart being well off the pace at the time was a reason for him to see fit to do it

What astonished more me than anything was that Smart seemed to enjoy and revel in the hate and derision that seemed to come his way.

It was almost as if we had a latter day Saddam Hussein in our midst, with GJ playing the role of Comical Ali.

I will be honest: I thoroughly enjoyed the week as TD and it seemed to get progressively more and more enjoyable. I thought the deadlines twist was a master-stroke, sort of took prediction contest to a new level. :wave: