Post a reply

Re: 2012 Shanghai Masters Prediction Contest

Postby Wildey

FINAL TEMPLATE - BEST OF 19 FRAMES - DEADLINE 7am Sunday 23rd September
10-8 [S] Judd Trump v [S] John Higgins

Postby PLtheRef

Andre147 wrote:Even though I predicted the winner of the final wrong, I guess I still won this predictions tourney right PLRef?

Please submit a routine urine sample for investigation ;-)

Postby PLtheRef

FINAL TABLE

108 Andre147 28 (39) 11
101 Skullman 29 (39) 10
94 KingKauto 26 (39) 13
94 Wild WC 25 (39) 14
85 Sundaygirl 20 (31) 11
78 kolompar 21 (39) 18
73 PLtheRef 22 (39) 17
65 TheCleaver 21 (39) 18
55 Alex0Paul 21 (36) 15 *
* one point deducted, no predictions received

Postby PLtheRef

Smart wrote:any chance of having a "normal" scoring system in the next prediction contest, it might help raise the number of participants :wave:

You'll have to wait and see

Postby king.kauto

Well done Andre and thanks to the Ref.

I thought it was a good scoring system, nice to mix it up a bit. Maybe next time start with 50 points though.

I dont see how changing a scoring system will increase entrants Smart, if you want to enter you do, if you dont you dont .

I look forward to the next tourny.

Cheers

Postby Andre147

Thanks KingAuto :D was a close battle between you and me until the quarters I think...

Very happy with the result of course, my 3rd title and first this season... hope many more to come :D :D :D

Postby PLtheRef

king.kauto wrote:Well done Andre and thanks to the Ref.

I thought it was a good scoring system, nice to mix it up a bit. Maybe next time start with 50 points though.

I dont see how changing a scoring system will increase entrants Smart, if you want to enter you do, if you dont you dont .

Cheers

It actually surprised that everyone had more than 50 points at the end of the contest considering the last one that had some set of points to defend had only had three people still in contention at the end.

I think it's good to mix things up now and again and the 'smaller' events are the perfect place to do it. I wouldn't consider this sort of thing for the UK, Masters or the World's for instance.

Anyway, back to the Premier League

Postby Skullman

Congrats Andre :hatoff:

Definitely liked the system, although preferred the China Open system and not just because I won. Bit different because mistakes were punished instead of correct winners being rewarded. Thanks for another good contest PL <ok>

Postby sundaygirl

Congratulations to Andre. :clap:

I'm not bothered how the scoring is done, I'll enter any way (small person permitting) If Paddy wants to devise ever more complicated systems for these comps then good luck to him! I'm grateful he can spare the time to run them.

Postby Smart

Cheers

if you have a nice simple scoring system without over-complication then more will enter, if you have bullocks scoring system then you get 7 people enter..............is 7 people entering a good thing :wave:

Postby king.kauto

Smart wrote:

Cheers

if you have a nice simple scoring system without over-complication then more will enter, if you have fluffy bunnies scoring system then you get 7 people enter..............is 7 people entering a good thing :wave:

Ultimatley you predict the outcome of a set of matches.
It doesnt really matter how the points are calculated - on this occasion you got points deducted instead of added on.
Not THAT complicated really.
7 entrants isnt great but its up to the individual to play or not, like i said you just pick the scores.
If they where all the same itll get repetative, and maybe boring.
I second Sundaygirls sentiments about the Ref taking the time and effort to put these comps together.

Postby PLtheRef

Smart wrote:

Cheers

if you have a nice simple scoring system without over-complication then more will enter, if you have fluffy bunnies scoring system then you get 7 people enter..............is 7 people entering a good thing :wave:

You're a former WC Smart. Your humility in giving others a chance honours me :gramp:

Postby PLtheRef

Smart wrote:

Cheers

Look at the Premier League for a normal contest and the numbers in that

Postby Smart

PLtheRef wrote:
Smart wrote:

Cheers

You're a former WC Smart. Your humility in giving others a chance honours me :gramp:

Pad - you do run a good contest, but I am into simple scoring system - not reinventing the wheel. I think 7 participants speaks volume. As for the PL - that does not count as its a marmite tourney to start with. :wave: