Topic locked

Re: 2012 China Open Prediction Contest DISCUSSION TOPIC

Postby Wildey

sundaygirl wrote:I think those are the amount of points gained on top our starting 100

thats the point i have not really got a clue wait and see lol

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Interesting how you're on top after your 'calculations' :redneck:

as i said i could be out with my tail between my legs <laugh>

im just trying to figure out how it works

Postby Skullman

The thing with this comp is that positions can change very quickly. If Dr Log who's in last bets 20 on each match and gets them, he could be on 180, and if Wild has a particularly poor run of predictions, he could end up last or eliminated.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:The thing with this comp is that positions can change very quickly. If Dr Log who's in last bets 20 on each match and gets them, he could be on 180, and if Wild has a particularly poor run of predictions, he could end up last or eliminated.

god do not take my scores as read please lol

Postby TheCleaver

Don't really get this system, seems like Wild is already onto a winner anyway so am just doing it for the PGC.

It's ok to trial it but I think for the bigger events to just keep it to a straight predictions comp. Should add it's your show though Paddy and I appreciate the work that goes in <ok>

Postby PLtheRef

TheCleaver wrote:Don't really get this system, seems like Wild is already onto a winner anyway so am just doing it for the PGC.

It's ok to trial it but I think for the bigger events to just keep it to a straight predictions comp. Should add it's your show though Paddy and I appreciate the work that goes in <ok>

The thing with this system is that there's no guarantees that can be made. If you put quite a bit on horses that don't come in then it can fall back with spectacular results . With any new format there's going to always be a couple of hiccups and if used again I'm sure that there will be ways of tweaking it to improve it. Wild does have what would normally be a hard lead to catch but with the risk of losing the lot by getting things wrong will make it exciting.

The aim for the World Championship is to utilise the same format which has been organised for the past few years from the same template Sonny created for the 2009 contest. - If this isn't possible then the format will be a traditional one. With no cuts (unless disqualified)

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:
TheCleaver wrote:Don't really get this system, seems like Wild is already onto a winner anyway so am just doing it for the PGC.

The thing with this system is that there's no guarantees that can be made. If you put quite a bit on horses that don't come in then it can fall back with spectacular results . With any new format there's going to always be a couple of hiccups and if used again I'm sure that there will be ways of tweaking it to improve it. Wild does have what would normally be a hard lead to catch but with the risk of losing the lot by getting things wrong will make it exciting.

The aim for the World Championship is to utilise the same format which has been organised for the past few years from the same template Sonny created for the 2009 contest. - If this isn't possible then the format will be a traditional one. With no cuts (unless disqualified)

ive gone very big in tomorrows predictions had a quick look randam gone same way but risked less so basicly randam could lead tomorrow if some of my and his predictions goes wrong.

Postby Wildey

John From London Town wrote:TUESDAY 27TH MARCH 2012, WILDCARD AND FIRST ROUND MATCHES - BEST OF 9 FRAMES DEADLINE 7:25
85 points on 5-1 Mark Selby v Li Hang
40 points on 5-2 Stephen Maguire v Barry Hawkins
50 points on 5-4 Fergal O'Brien v Jin Long
5 points on 4-5 Rory McLeod v Zhou Yuelong
10 points on 5-4 Ding Junhui v Ben Woollaston
100 points on 5-0 Judd Trump v Jimmy White
140 points on 5-4 Graeme Dott v Mark King
70 points on 5-4 Stephen Lee v Tom Ford

We'll get there :-)

Paddy thoes were johns original predictions just make Trump v Jimmy and Dott v King at 85 maximum

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:missed the predictions for today. But I reckon I can make the predictions for tomorrows matches with my points gained from Monday, right PL?

i think the way this contest works by missing predictions its not really fair that points stick so how about deducting 5 points for every missed prediction.

that takes you from 75 to 35 points.

paddy ??

Postby PLtheRef

I agree with Wild here. 5 points per match is reasonable as this is what you would be deducted for not correctly predicting the winner)

I know it might seem rough but otherwise it would mean that e.g. Wild would have little reason to predict. I mean why would he want to jeapordise 185 points?

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:I agree with Wild here. 5 points per match is reasonable as this is what you would be deducted for not correctly predicting the winner)

I know it might seem rough but otherwise it would mean that e.g. Wild would have little reason to predict. I mean why would he want to jeapordise 185 points?

another way to look at it how about halving your total for not predicting..

ie 185 becomes 93

or 75 becomes 38

after this morning im on about 500 so that sort of score becomes 250 because on 500 losing 5 point per match wont hurt you.

Postby Andre147

Wild wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:I agree with Wild here. 5 points per match is reasonable as this is what you would be deducted for not correctly predicting the winner)

another way to look at it how about halving your total for not predicting..

ie 185 becomes 93

or 75 becomes 38

after this morning im on about 500 so that sort of score becomes 250 because on 500 losing 5 point per match wont hurt you.

Yes that´s fine with me, and I think it´s fairer that we halve the total points for those who didnt predict, like me.

So if PL agrees, i´ll make my predictions for tomorrow with half the points I had from Monday´s play.

Postby Wildey

with this system say someone on 500 and someone else on 250 it forces the player ahead to take some risks.

if the leader rests on his bottom and play it safe with 70 and the other guy goes all the way with 250

it would be 570 playing 500 if the score comes up and 430 playing 0 if it doesent.

Postby Andre147

PLtheRef wrote:If you're happy with that then thats fine.

Yes, it´s ok, I had 75 points on Monday, those divided by 2 make 37,5. And I still might not finish bottom of the table when the tourney is over, so not everything is lost. Wont be able to win, but at least try to get some points <cool>

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:Table up - some really amazing scoring going on.

im Looking For 3,000+ points for tomorrow night or Bust if they go Tits up.

Postby Wildey

lost 600 points on the murphy match and if Ronnie also loses then Randam overtakes me despite entering this session almost 600 points ahead of Randam.

Postby PLtheRef

From what moment are you not going to be available?

If you want you can post your predictions and their values and I'll restrict them should you go past the maximum allowance you have?

Postby Skullman

PLtheRef wrote:From what moment are you not going to be available?

If you want you can post your predictions and their values and I'll restrict them should you go past the maximum allowance you have?

Will be unavailable from Friday night, so can post predicts for semis at least and then one for each of possibilties for the final.