Topic locked

Re: 2012 China Open Prediction Contest

Postby Roland

Paddy is dangerous when let loose with one of his own systems. For the record I am against any prediction contest which eliminates entrants over the course, they should be there for everyone to join in because if there are only 2 people left at the end, no one else cares who wins! That nasty man ran one once which I really liked, it was a similar concept to this, you could weight your choices based on how confident you were but you stood to lose more if you gambled more. I'll give this one a go over the weekend, see how it pans out.

(Sorry for chatting in a pred topic)

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Paddy is dangerous when let loose with one of his own systems. For the record I am against any prediction contest which eliminates entrants over the course, they should be there for everyone to join in because if there are only 2 people left at the end, no one else cares who wins! That nasty man ran one once which I really liked, it was a similar concept to this, you could weight your choices based on how confident you were but you stood to lose more if you gambled more. I'll give this one a go over the weekend, see how it pans out.

i want it re started with defining rules some have gone with a different interpritation to others

Postby PLtheRef

Sonny wrote:Paddy is dangerous when let loose with one of his own systems. For the record I am against any prediction contest which eliminates entrants over the course, they should be there for everyone to join in because if there are only 2 people left at the end, no one else cares who wins! That nasty man ran one once which I really liked, it was a similar concept to this, you could weight your choices based on how confident you were but you stood to lose more if you gambled more. I'll give this one a go over the weekend, see how it pans out.

Considering 1 I only found out yesterday that I was running this, 2. That I give me own time to run these things and only wild seems to run any others, roland the notion that I am dangerous when "let loose" as you so eloquently described it is bang out of order.

Postby drlog147

Wild wrote:John and Dr Log has followed my impression of the rules.... paddy the rules arent clear enough mate.

I for one thought this was a great idea ,can't believe people have picked holes in a new system knowing that to run one of these comp's takes a lot of time for the organizer ,it seemed quite simple to me that your given a 100 points so how can you bet more than you have been allocated.you either risk all on first round or play safe and save some for next round would have liked to see 2/1 odds for match winner and say 5/1 for matching match score though but I suppose tweeks can be made next time this system is used

Up for this one ,nice idea

Postby Roland

PLtheRef wrote:

Considering 1 I only found out yesterday that I was running this, 2. That I give me own time to run these things and only wild seems to run any others, roland the notion that I am dangerous when "let loose" as you so eloquently described it is bang out of order.

Lighten up mate!

I had no idea you'd only stepped in at short notice and it goes without saying I more than appreciate the time you put into this site and running of predictions events <ok>

Saying that, I do know you like to over-complicate things sometimes with some bizarre systems that you dream up and which only you seem to understand. I like a bit of variety, but sometimes keeping things a bit simpler would be better. I have to admit I have no idea how this current one works, but I am so intrigued I am going to give it a go which will be the first contest I've entered for a long time.

:santa:

Postby PLtheRef

The idea was that your points becomes your maximum bet you can make on any of your matches the following day. IMO it only becomes 800 as wild says if you have a system you can either build points on OR lose points from your total & not both as this system creates.

Anyone who is staking more than their overall points total (as they can do) is taking a risk that itll all come off for them. They are gambling their place in the contest which betting 5s and 10s over the first couple of days. the more you bet the bigger the rewards but also the penalties. I think its worth a try and if its a flop then we don't use it again. Simple.

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:That betting 5s and 10s doesnt gamble i meant.

Problem is mate people have seen it as 100points to gamble with others has gone over 100 im still snake hissing against the wind with it...

i predicted and used up only 90points thinking 100 was max.

Postby PLtheRef

Wild wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:That betting 5s and 10s doesnt gamble i meant.

Problem is mate people have seen it as 100points to gamble with others has gone over 100 im still snake hissing against the wind with it...

i predicted and used up only 90points thinking 100 was max.

OK then, anyone want to alter their gambling values before Monday then they can do.

Postby Wildey

ok my new stake is

WILDCARD AND FIRST ROUND - BEST OF 9 FRAMES, DEADLINE 7:30AM - MONDAY 26TH MARCH
60 points on 5-3 N ROBERTSON V J. COPE
90 points on 5-1 J WHITE v O. ALKOJAH
50 points on 5-2 M. KING v Y. ZHY
60 points on 5-1 M. HOLT v H.LI
10 points on 3-5 M.GOULD v S.HENDRY
30 points on 5-3 P.EBDON v H.LU
60 points on 5-2 B.WOOLASTON v F.CHEN
60 points on 5-2 J.JONES v N.LU

10 points on Mark Allen to reach the 2012 China Open Final
10 points on Mark Selby to reach the 2012 China Open Final

Postby king.kauto

I like the idea of this format, its a great idea, but people need to stick to the rules.
If you have 100 points for the day how can you possibly stake 100 points on each match? Totalling 800 for the day?
If I walked into a bookies and tried to stake £800 but handed over £100, the bloke would laugh me out of the shop.
(thats the point i was trying to make last night BTW)
Im looking forward to this new comp, but if people are not playing to the same rules its pointless.

Postby PLtheRef

king.kauto wrote:I like the idea of this format, its a great idea, but people need to stick to the rules.
If you have 100 points for the day how can you possibly stake 100 points on each match? Totalling 800 for the day?
If I walked into a bookies and tried to stake £800 but handed over £100, the bloke would laugh me out of the shop.
(thats the point i was trying to make last night BTW)
Im looking forward to this new comp, but if people are not playing to the same rules its pointless.

With me clarifying that your points total is the amount you can put on any match- anyone who has predicted unaware this was the case can alter their points values. As I put earlier, anyone who 'spends' more than they have got is taking the risk that it will come off. If I go 50 on each game, then get go wrong then I put my place in the contest at jeapordy, something you don't do if you go 5s and 10s all the way through.

It's a trial format anyway, and with every new system tweaks can be made if it is to be used again.

Postby Roland

40 points on 5-3 N ROBERTSON V J. COPE
5 points on 5-3 J WHITE v O. ALKOJAH
25 points on 5-1 M. KING v Y. ZHY
15 points on 5-2 M. HOLT v H.LI
10 points on 4-5 M.GOULD v S.HENDRY
15 points on 5-3 P.EBDON v H.LU
20 points on 5-3 B.WOOLASTON v F.CHEN
50 points on 5-2 J.JONES v N.LU

40 points on Robertson to reach the 2012 China Open Final
40 points on Allen to reach the 2012 China Open Final

Postby kostasmad

40 points on 5-2 N ROBERTSON V J. COPE
10 points on 5-2 J WHITE v O. ALKOJAH
35 points on 5-2M. KING v Y. ZHY
25 points on 5-2 M. HOLT v H.LI
20 points on 5-2 M.GOULD v S.HENDRY
15 points on 5-3 P.EBDON v H.LU
30 points on 5-3 B.WOOLASTON v F.CHEN
30 points on 5-2 J.JONES v N.LU

40 points on Ding to reach the 2012 China Open Final
40 points on Higgins to reach the 2012 China Open Final

Re: 2012 China Open Prediction Contest DISCUSSION TOPIC

Postby Skullman

So there haven't been discussion threads for predicts for a while then? It seems like a good idea. Keep everything serious and business like in the actual predictions thread and have all natter here.

Postby Smart

Skullman wrote:So there haven't been discussion threads for predicts for a while then? It seems like a good idea. Keep everything serious and business like in the actual predictions thread and have all natter here.

they only get raised for crazy rules contests :gag:

Postby Wildey

by my calculations and this is by no means official thats PADDYS JOB im stil trying to work out rules but i have it

Wild 180
Randam 140
King Kauto 90
JFLT 85
Andre147 75
Skullman 70
The Cleaver 70
Sonny 60
PL the Ref 60
Jade 55
Kostas 55
Sunday Girl 45