This contest will run from Thursday 18 August to Sunday November 27 2011.
The format is as follows:
- We have 15 players entered so far, which means we will have FIVE groups each consisting of THREE players.
- The 15 players will be allocated their group in a RANDOM draw, no seedings.
- The TOP scorer in EACH group qualifies for finals weekend at the end of the PL competition.
- Those FIVE players will each take through 30% of their group-stage total into finals weekend, at which point the five contenders will predict the finals results as per normal where we decide our winner.
- In the interests of the PGC, the highest scoring group-stage loser will score points along with the 5 semi-finalists.
- If you go out at the group stage, you are still permitted to predict for the finals weekend, but your scores won't count officially in the competition.
- Entrants after this week are allowed, but only BEFORE Week 3, after which time the competition is formally closed.
- Those late entrants will each be placed into the groups in order, ie if a 16th member joins from now, they go into Group A, a 17th into Group B etc etc.
- Please confirm your participation by THURSDAY 18 AUGUST 1800 BST, soon after which the format will be made official AND we will have an exciting live draw !!!
Week two template:
Thu 1 September
SF - Jimmy White 3-3 Mark Williams
SF - Ronnie O'Sullivan 3-3 Shaun Murphy
F - xxx 3-3 xxx
*REMEMBER - MATCHES ARE BEST OF FIVE. WEEKLY DEADLINE IS THURSDAYS AT 1930 BST*
Points system is as follows:
- Each week a new set of semi-final fixtures are played:
A correct semi-final winner is worth 3 points
A correct semi-final score is worth 1 point
- You will also be asked to pick a final result/score, consisting of the two semi-final winners you picked.
A correct final winner is worth 5 points
A correct final loser is worth 3 points
A correct final score is worth 2 points (only applies if you've correctly picked both finalists)
There are a maximum of 18 points available per week.
- You are also asked to pick 4 overall semi-finalists, and from those you pick one player you think will win out of those.
A correct semi-final player prediction is worth 6 points
A correct overall winning player prediction is worth 8 points
There are a maximum of 32 points available for these semi-final/winner predictions.
TABLE AFTER WEEK ONE:
1 GJ - 6
1 Randam - 6
1 Snookerfan - 6
1 Jadechelsea - 6
2 Casey - 3
2 TheCleaver - 3
1 Drlog147 - 6
1 Go Ronnie - 6
3 MarkSelbyNo1Fan - 4
1 SundayGirl - 14
2 KingKauto - 7
3 Wild - 6
1 Bourne - 7
2 Kostasmad - 6
3 PLTheRef - 3
- Changes are NOT allowed, UNLESS it's to correct a mistake in your template.
- In the event of a tie in the group-stage, the player with the higher no. of correct results wins, then correct scores.
- In the event of a tie in the final-stage, the player with the highest group-stage score wins, then no. correct results, then correct scores.
- Posts: 17471
- Joined: 02 October 2009
- Location: UK
- Snooker Idol: Judd Trump
- Highest Break: 150