Topic locked

Re: 2010 PokerStars.com Masters prediction contest

Postby Lucky

Well done Oneball <ok> And cheers Paddy for running an excellent competition to accompany a fantastic tournament :clap:

And Seif, chillax dude, lifes WAY too short <ok>

Postby Roland

Cheers guys. I've never had a contest like that before, the only matches I got wrong were Allen v Higgins (a surprise win for Allen) and Williams v O'Sullivan (I went 6-5 to Williams but it was 6-5 to O'Sullivan).

I wasn't even going to predict in the final seeing as it was mathematically impossible to be caught but as I typed the prediction it had a nice look to it and lo and behold...

Anyway, for those that care this is how I did it (and I will probably never have another event like it):

Wildcard Round - Best of 11 Frames
Mark Williams WAL vs. Rory McLeod ENG predict 6-3 actual 6-3
Mark King ENG vs. Jimmy White ENG predict 6-4 actual 6-1

First Round - Best of 11 Frames
Top Half
Ronnie O'Sullivan ENG (1) vs. Neil Robertson AUS predict 6-4 actual 6-4
Marco Fu CHN (8) vs. Peter Ebdon ENG predict 3-6 actual 2-6
Ali Carter ENG (5) vs. Mark Williams WAL predict 4-6 actual 3-6
Shaun Murphy ENG (4) vs. Stephen Hendry SCO predict 6-4 actual 6-4

Bottom Half
Stephen Maguire SCO (3) vs. Mark King ENG predict 6-1 actual 6-3
Ryan Day WAL (6) vs. Joe Perry ENG predict 6-4 actual 6-0
Mark Selby ENG (7) vs. Ding Junhui CHN predict 6-4 actual 6-1
John Higgins SCO (2) vs. Mark Allen NI predict 6-4 actual 3-6

Predcition for Finalist Top Half: O'Sullivan
Bottom Half: Selby

Quarter-finals
Ronnie O'Sullivan (1) ENG v Peter Ebdon ENG predict 6-2 actual 6-3
Mark Williams WAL v Shaun Murphy (4) ENG predict 6-4 actual 6-4
Stephen Maguire (3) SCO v Ryan Day (6) WAL predict 6-5 actual 6-1
Mark Selby (7) ENG v Mark Allen NI predict 6-2 actual 6-5

Semi-finals
Ronnie O'Sullivan (1) ENG v Mark Williams WAL predict 5-6 actual 6-5
Stephen Maguire (3) SCO v Mark Selby (7) ENG predict 3-6 actual 3-6

Final
Ronnie O'Sullivan (1) ENG v Mark Selby (7) ENG predict 9-10 actual 9-10

:ba\m/:

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Was this the first prediction comp on this site? If so, a rather 'apt' winner. Well done oneball. My cap is tipped your way. <ok>

Paddy, as ever, good job, well run, & your prompt updates made it all the more enjoyable. My cap is tipped your way also. <ok>

I should have gone with Mark Williams, after all, I knew he was playing well. <laugh>

Postby PLtheRef

Many thanks for your comments guys, its nice to know its appreciated by some folk - though I have just been PMd by someone saying I have no right to run contests. The same person who saw some predictions which fell into his rules but refused to allow his predictions - so we know sadly who we've been dealing with here.

Now as to regards the remainder of the season we have four conetsts which are usually ran. These are

Welsh Open January 25-31

World Championship Qualifiers - February 26-March 9

China Open March 29-April 4

Betfred World Championship April 17-May 3

I would now like to say that I am very happy to remain as a Moderator for the Predictions forums and to organise more contests, however I am wondering whether anyone would be offended at me doing three in a row. - It sounds greedy but I would love a World Championship hattrick but as I'm in Rome the first weekend of the tournament I would like a buddy to work on it with similar to what Oneball and I did last year since if I'm on holiday I wouldnt be able to to update the table until Monday night.

So any volunteers for competitions, and also - could I have results from contests from the 2009 Masters onwards. I'm going to have a go at a World Ranking system or Order of Merit.

Postby Roland

Paddy I'm sorry to hear that someone thinks you had no right to run this contest but you did and you did a fine job. <ok>

Now that Seifer has officially retired from all snooker forums and quit snooker all together because Selby beat Ronnie last night by being "lucky" I'm happy for you to run or at least co-ordinate all future events and run them in conjunction with 606.

Postby Casey

Paddy, its great for you to offer your time like this. Fair play mate I am sure there will not be any objections to running the WC, I ran the PL contest so I feel my ‘contribution’ is done for this year ;) . As for the message saying you should not be allowed to run contests? Well I think that is just more elitism from the person who cannot stand having no control. Chin up and job well done.

Postby PLtheRef

Thanks for the comments, - moving onto the next contest can Oneball edit this forum to allow New topics to be posted as that cannot be done for this subforum. The sooner its set up the sooner we can get ready for the next contest.

Postby Roland

I'll do it tomorrow Pads when I'm more alert. Totally knackered today and I just had a quick look - this administration lark is harder than you'd think :redneck:

Postby Tubberlad

Congratulations Oneball, you were the man to beat throughout, and your prediciting was normally spot on <ok>
And thanks Paddy for running another great event.

I'm disappointed with what Seifer has had to say. I know life can be tough, but getting bogged down over a game and internet forums....there are far too more important things in life, and it's all too short. If we think we're unlucky, take a trip to Haiti <ok> puts things in perspective

Postby GJ

how many rounds of the worlds quallies will we be predicting just the fina lround or the last few rounds

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:how many rounds of the worlds quallies will we be predicting just the fina lround or the last few rounds

Everyone has to be able to predict every round of the worlds imo.

Postby Lucky

I agree on the groups, I'd personally enjoy a one on one knockout competition run ALONG with the main comp. Where a random draw takes place and the highest scorer from that round goes through to the next round, like the FA cup. But that would only be along side the standard comps which I always enjoy <ok>

Postby Lucky

StalinESQ wrote:
Lucky balls wrote:I'd personally enjoy a one on one knockout competition run ALONG with the main comp.

<doh>

bullocks - it should be everyone vs everyone - at every tourney. <ok> :wave: :D

No thats why I said as well as......just a bit of fun, it wouldn't effect anythuing else. By the way have read seif latest rantings rofl

Postby Lucky

StalinESQ wrote:where....?

copy and paste here before the hammer does another deleting job <ok>

Way too numerous dude, he's been chopping and changing them all day. Just nip on break-oo....he's back on 606 in any case in his at0micsmurf guise <ok>

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:where....?

copy and paste here before the hammer does another deleting job <ok>

hahaha its frightening how many hours of wasted typing has been deleted by him <laugh>

Postby PLtheRef

Lucky balls wrote:I agree on the groups, I'd personally enjoy a one on one knockout competition run ALONG with the main comp. Where a random draw takes place and the highest scorer from that round goes through to the next round, like the FA cup. But that would only be along side the standard comps which I always enjoy <ok>

I did a quiz on a format like that. - If we get 16 entries then we can have a quiz like that - alternatively if I had a group stage contest then a knock-out stage following the first stage

I like variety in my contests but I believe that the Worlds' should be left as a usual.

Welsh to be opened soon.