Topic locked

Re: Masters Prediction Discussion

Postby GJ

i wnat ding in the fina but had to pick querrey to ahve a chance :-(

Postby Alex0paul

I agree. I also dont get why there should be more points for predicting a lower ranked player to win especially in the Masters.

Postby Smart

Alex0paul WC wrote:I agree. I also dont get why there should be more points for predicting a lower ranked player to win especially in the Masters.

I have 5 winners (same as some mugs above me) but am miles down the league.............................let me run one of these and it will be done fair and square :|

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:I agree. I also dont get why there should be more points for predicting a lower ranked player to win especially in the Masters.

I have 5 winners (same as some mugs above me) but am miles down the league.............................let me run one of these and it will be done fair and square :|

you only win when others pull out as a protest

like worlds 2008 last man standing <laugh> :wave:

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:
Smart wrote:

you only win when others pull out as a protest

like worlds 2008 last man standing <laugh> :wave:

:huh: :bs:

Shanghai, PL .......................this season alone :no:

Postby Witz78

Its helps act as a way of spicing the competition as people take a chance on someone not expected to win lured by the extra points on offer, just like bookies odds for this player would be longer to tempt punters.

Albeit this tournament the outsiders have tended to win, if there wasnt extra points for the outsiders then most folk would play it safe and predict a win for the favourites / "seeds"

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Alex0paul WC wrote:
JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:How am I 8th?! I have got just 3 winners right, I should be last.

How did you get on with Norman on your blind date the other night?

Not too bad, she was a bit dull though.

If you didn't end up in bed together after the first night I wouldn't hold that against her.

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
spot on bonus too big here, fookin joke :|

spot on bonus big for the simple reason your better at predicting than others over best of 11 with

6-0
6-1
6-2
6-3
6-4
6-5

on offer its slightly harder than Best of 5s or best of 9s

so if you hit it on the nose you get more points.

as to Alex point its called gambling on the outsider and with someone like ding outside the top 8 it made it a interesting match 5 points for a correct on Williams and 9 on Ding its messing around with formats so it don't get the same thing every tournament.

it would be easier for me to say 2 point for a win get on with it but where's the fun in that.

we reach the semi finals with only 9 points separating top 7 with potential 9 bonus correct score points to earn.

anyone in the top 5 has a realistic chance to win.

Postby Wildey

after Allen v Fu

1 Wild=42
2 Kostasmad=37
3 GJ=36
4 CaseMaster=35
5 Witz =32
6 John From London Town=29
7 Smart=28
8 Sonny=28
9 Bourne=26
10 The Cleaver=24
11 AlexOpaul WC=22
12 PL the Ref=20
13 Sunday Girl=17
14 KrazeeEyezKilla=10
14 Rocket Ron=10
16 Randam=8
17 Jade=6

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:My God :scared: Wild is about to win a prediction contest. How the hell did that happen? :emu:

what you meen

i won the World Open

i won the PTC Qualifiers although that was minor

but remember in this i went for ding and kostas went for ding but GJ Went for Cope mathematically GJ Could be leading tonight

Postby Tubberlad

Wild wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:My God :scared: Wild is about to win a prediction contest. How the hell did that happen? :emu:

what you meen

i won the World Open

but remember in this i went for ding and kostas went for ding but GJ Went for Cope mathematically GJ Could be leading tonight

How did those wins escape my notice <laugh>

I'm only taking the snake hiss mate :) I know you're a great predictor, really

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:

what you meen

i fluked the World Open

i fluked the PTC Qualifiers although that was minor

Some great pedigree there <ok>

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:
Wild wrote:

what you meen

i won the World Open

sonny keeping tabs of the season i come of age viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1313 ;)

they say life begins at 40 well that meens after years of rubbish my prediction life starts here :redneck:

Postby Tubberlad

Wild wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:
Wild wrote:

what you meen

i won the World Open

sonny keeping tabs of the season i come of age viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1313 ;)

they say life begins at 40 well that meens after years of rubbish my prediction life starts here :redneck:

I think a drugs test is in order :santa: the integrity of competitive predicting is at stake here, and I'm very sceptical of Wild's sudden upturn in fortune

Postby PLtheRef

Tubberlad wrote:Holy poo :scared: Wild is about to win a prediction contest. How the hell did that happen? :emu:

Number 3 of the season, would take him to 86 in the PGC as well. Some funny scores this week going to shake up the scoring in the PGC - this is the last of the scale three tournaments. The next tournament with this amount of points available will be the worlds which carry 70.

Postby PLtheRef

I think a drugs test is in order :santa: the integrity of competitive predicting is at stake here, and I'm very sceptical of Wild's sudden upturn in fortune

He's clean on drugs :)

Dope is another matter :stir: ;)

The Snooker Island disciplinary commitee will make its decision in due course rofl

Postby PLtheRef

Before ructions emerge an Alcohol test is to be carried out on GJ after it's been discovered that larger than usual amounts of Fosters have been found in recent predictions, involving a bloke called Robertson.

Postby Bourne

Dope is an apt description <ok> Maybe he's been speaking to Rafito and has got in touch with Dr Fuentes :chin:

Postby PLtheRef

And being honest - Wild does seem to cherrypick the tournaments well. 1 scale one victory, 1 scale two, and a possible scale three. Securing the wins in the scale 1 and 2 events, do seem to help him, meaning he has less pressure under the high stakes ones.

And I've updated the PGC

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:And being honest - Wild does seem to cherrypick the tournaments well. 1 scale one victory, 1 scale two, and a possible scale three. Securing the wins in the scale 1 and 2 events, do seem to help him, meaning he has less pressure under the high stakes ones.

And I've updated the PGC

Running Them also Helps :redneck:

Postby Wildey

seriously Believe me theres a lot to play for and i will not use the Protection Card i will be Giving a Fighting Chance for Everyone theres potential 14 points still to play for.

Postby PLtheRef

Wild wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:And being honest - Wild does seem to cherrypick the tournaments well. 1 scale one victory, 1 scale two, and a possible scale three. Securing the wins in the scale 1 and 2 events, do seem to help him, meaning he has less pressure under the high stakes ones.

And I've updated the PGC

Running Them also Helps :redneck:

That's something I was going to PM you about.