Post a reply

Revolving Cues

Postby Iranu

Welcome to the first annual Revolving Cues competition!

This is a season-long competition where YOU decide how much input you want to give it!

The Rules:
- Choose two players to win the next tournament. A finalist will gain you 1 point. A winner will gain you 3 points.

- You can change either or both of these two players up to once per each upcoming tournament finals (qualifiers not included)*. This will NOT affect your duo for any current ongoing tournament. This can be done any time up to the start of the next tournament.

- You are under NO OBLIGATION to swap either player at any time. If you so wish, you can keep the same duo for the entire season.

- OPTIONAL: if you join before the start of the British Open, you can also select a Wildcard third player**. This player must be outside the top 16 as of the start of the British Open and cannot be swapped. If your wildcard wins a tournament, you gain 10 points instead of 3. However, if your wildcard doesn’t win any tournaments during the season you will lose 3 points at the end of the season. Risky, but with a hell of a potential reward.

- All tournaments, ranking and non-ranking, excluding those listed below, are eligible.

*Player Withdrawals: if a player withdraws from a tournament for health, injury or personal reasons, you may swap that player for another, even if you have already swapped both players for the next tournament. If any withdrawal reasons are unclear it will be down to my discretion whether I allow an extra swap. I’ll say right now that if a player withdraws from a tournament because he reached the last final and is tired, an extra swap will NOT be permitted.

**You can join Revolving Cues at any point throughout the season. However, if you join after the start of the British Open you will not be able to select a Wildcard due to changes in the rankings, knowledge of form etc.

Scoring:
- Finalist = 1 point per tournament
- Winner = 3 points per tournament
- Wildcard wins a tournament = 10 points per tournament
- Wildcard wins no tournaments = -3 points at end of season

Excluded Tournaments:
- Championship League (all iterations)
- Snooker Shoot Out and any additional single-frame tournaments that may arise
- WST Pro Series and any additional potential league format tournaments

The first eligible tournament will be the British Open starting on the 16th August. You can select your first duo and wildcard (if you decide to have one) at any time between now and then. These first two players (excluding wildcard) can each be swapped once up to the start of the tournament, excluding the withdrawal exceptions mentioned above.

To register your participation, simply post your first team below!

Re: Revolving Cues

Postby Iranu

Many thanks to Pink for helping me iron out some of the kinks on this.

Postby Juddernaut88

Standard selections: Judd Trump and Neil Robertson
Wildcard: Gary Wilson

Postby Prop

Ronnie and Judd.

No wildcard.

Postby csprince

ding junhui judd trump

zhou yuelong.

Postby James Bentley

Selections: Judd Trump, Mark Selby
Wildcard: Dave Gilbert

Postby Iranu

Current entrants:

Pink Ball
Juddernaut
Prop
CSPrince
James Bentley

Postby Iranu

Can a mod please move this to the predictions section?

Postby SnookerEd25

My selections for the first tournament (and maybe others) :

Mark Williams & David Gilbert

Wildcard : Jamie Jones

Postby McManusFan

Standard selections: John Higgins and Mark Selby
Wildcard: David Gilbert

Great looking comp by the way. Cheers!

Postby Iranu

Many thanks to all the current entrants:

Pink Ball
Juddernaut
Prop
CSPrince
James Bentley
Running Side
Mantorok
Snookerfan
SnookerEd25
McManusFan
Dan-Cat

Remember, if you enter a duo you can swap the two players once each between now and the start of the British Open.

Postby Prop

Prop wrote:Ronnie and Judd.

No wildcard.

Amendment:

Selby and Trump.

No wildcard.

Postby Iranu

With the draw now out, does this affect your selection?

Remember, you can swap each of your two players once before the start of the British Open!

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:With the draw now out, does this affect your selection?

Remember, you can swap each of your two players once before the start of the British Open!

Selby has drawn Murphy. Hmmm. I might give this a bit of thought.

Postby Prop

Although I swapped Ronnie for Selby already. So that means I’m stuck with Selby I believe, Iranu?

Postby Iranu

Prop wrote:Although I swapped Ronnie for Selby already. So that means I’m stuck with Selby I believe, Iranu?

Correct. You can’t swab Selby as he’s a substitute. You could swap Judd though if you wanted to.

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:Although I swapped Ronnie for Selby already. So that means I’m stuck with Selby I believe, Iranu?

Correct. You can’t swab Selby as he’s a substitute. You could swap Judd though if you wanted to.

I’ll stick then <ok>

Postby Iranu

Main duo:
Judd Trump
Kyren Wilson

Wildcard:
Zhou Yuelong

Postby chengdufan

Yan Bingtao and Jack Lisowski

No wildcard