The English, Northern Irish, Scottish and Welsh Opens shall each have the following format:
- Each entrant shall have 30 picks to use across the prediction contest. These can be placed on any of the 127 matches due to take place in each event.
- Players will be given a points value based on their seeding with players ranked higher being worth fewer points than those ranked lower. - Players seeded in the top 32 will be worth one point, 33-64 worth two points, 65-96 three points and 97+ worth four points. Any amateurs in the draw shall be worth six points.
E.g.4-4 Mark Selby (1pt) v Fan Zhengyi (4pts)
- You receive the points value for the respective player you pick should you correctly predict them to win.
- Correct scoreline predictions in Best of 7 matches score 2 points, Best of 9 and 11 Frame matches scores 3 points and in a Best of 17 Frame match scores 5 points.
- Nominate two players to reach the Final: 6 points for the tournament winner, 3 points for the runner-up
- In the event of a tie, the player with the highest number of correct scores shall be placed higher, followed by correct winners and if still tied by the largest number of picks remaining.
Home Nations competition
At the end of each contest, the top 8 entrants shall be awarded points to a Home Nations Series Ranking:
1st place: 24 points
2nd place: 16 points
3rd place: 12 points
4th place: 8 points
5th place: 6 points
6th place: 4 points
7th place: 2 points
8th place: 1 point
For each player, their highest finish in an event shall count double. If a player achieves the same highest position in more than one event, then the event they achieved their best score will count double.
To be included in the Home Nations Competition, a player must take part in at least two of the four Home Nations Prediction Contest!
Good Luck everyone!
- Posts: 4768
- Joined: 20 December 2009
- Location: Sheffield
- Highest Break: 28
- Walk-On: Vangelis 1492 Conquest of Paradise