Topic locked

Re: Revolving Cues 2022-2023

Postby Dan-cat

Pink Ball wrote:The thing that appeals to me most about Revolving Cues is how hard it is to score points. Winning the competition with 12 points drives that home.

For Prop to score 4 points in two tournaments makes him the worthy winner in my opinion.

I seem to remember no-one scored any points for months!

Yes well done Prop :spot on:

Postby Womble

Iranu wrote:I’ll set up the next season thread in due course but feel free to register your participation here in the meantime.

And if anyone has any better ideas for tie breakers - or thinks they should be removed - feel free to let me know.

I would like to register my participation here for next season in the meantime. <ok>

Postby Womble

Actually, when do you need to get your picks in for Revolving Cues 2023-2024? I don't want to miss it. :-)

Postby Iranu

You can join literally whenever you want. The first eligible tournament will be the European Masters I think.

I’ll set up the new thread in due course.

Postby Womble

Iranu wrote:You can join literally whenever you want. The first eligible tournament will be the European Masters I think.

OK. Thanks. :-)

Postby Womble

Iranu wrote:You can join literally whenever you want. The first eligible tournament will be the European Masters I think.

I will get my entry in early. :-)

My two players are:

Mark Allen
Neil Robertson

My wildcard is :

Si Jiahui

Thank you. :-D

Postby Iranu

Womble wrote:

My two players are:

Mark Allen
Neil Robertson

My wildcard is :

Si Jiahui

I won’t count this unless you put it in the new thread.

Postby Womble

Iranu wrote:
Womble wrote:

My two players are:

Mark Allen
Neil Robertson

My wildcard is :

Si Jiahui

OK. No problem. :-)

Postby Womble

Iranu wrote:
Womble wrote:

My two players are:

Mark Allen
Neil Robertson

My wildcard is :

Si Jiahui

This is not a problem and I'm not complaining about it. I'm just enquiring. I will definitely put my entry in the new thread. However, you said: "You can join literally whenever you want". So I put my entry in straight away. Then you tell me: "I won’t count this unless you put it in the new thread". As I mentioned earlier, it's not a problem and I'm not complaining about it. But it does seem a bit contradictory to me. Has something changed? :-)

Postby Dan-cat

Pink Ball wrote:The thing that appeals to me most about Revolving Cues is how hard it is to score points. Winning the competition with 12 points drives that home.

For Prop to score 4 points in two tournaments makes him the worthy winner in my opinion.

Akin to playing three cushion carom. First to 3 points could take hours

Postby SnookerEd25

Holden Chinaski wrote:Revolving Cues is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.

… you put so much into it for very little reward …

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Revolving Cues is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.

… you put so much into it for very little reward …

Exactly! :clap: :sad:

Postby HappyCamper

not sure how one would revolve ones cue while it's in there...

Postby RunningSide

HappyCamper wrote:

not sure how one would revolve ones cue while it's in there...

If you have a garden swing and black and decker with 4inch bit,all things are possible.

Postby Womble

Iranu wrote:
Womble wrote:

My two players are:

Mark Allen
Neil Robertson

My wildcard is :

Si Jiahui

Just posting this to remind myself to put my picks in the new thread. <ok>

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu, in the wake of the WPBSA investigation into - and subsequent punishments for - the recent match-fixing and betting transgressions, can I ask what measures are in place to ensure the integrity and fairness of the forthcoming Revolving Cues 2023/24 event?

Postby Iranu

SnookerEd25 wrote:Iranu, in the wake of the WPBSA investigation into - and subsequent punishments for - the recent match-fixing and betting transgressions, can I ask what measures are in place to ensure the integrity and fairness of the forthcoming Revolving Cues 2023/24 event?

buck all

Hope this helps

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Iranu, in the wake of the WPBSA investigation into - and subsequent punishments for - the recent match-fixing and betting transgressions, can I ask what measures are in place to ensure the integrity and fairness of the forthcoming Revolving Cues 2023/24 event?

buck all

Hope this helps

It helps immensely. Thank you <ok>

Postby Womble

Come on Mark Allen, Si Jiahui and ESPECIALLY Neil Robertson. :mosh: