Post a reply

Re: BildBet German Masters Final !!!!!

Postby Andre147

Dragonfly wrote:For those that speak of Trump's dominance I will again repeat an interesting statistic.

Trump = 1 world, 1 uk, 1 masters
Murphy = 1 world 1 uk 1 masters

This is true regarding TC events.

Regarding the others, absolutely not. His domination has been Hendry and Davis esque. How many TC events he'll win before he retires remains to be seen, but he'll have the record for most rankers I believe.

Postby Dan-cat

TheRocket wrote:imo players should come to Sheffield/Crucible 10 days prior to the start of the WC and stay in the Covid secure bubble.

They should all get tested and if there are positive cases they can have their 10 day isolation period. By that we wont have any players missing the WC because of a positive Covidtest.

Four wheels and a board, he's Tom Ford

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:For those that speak of Trump's dominance I will again repeat an interesting statistic.

This is true regarding TC events.

Regarding the others, absolutely not. His domination has been Hendry and Davis esque. How many TC events he'll win before he retires remains to be seen, but he'll have the record for most rankers I believe.

Assuming that the calendar contains roughly the same number of events each year that there are now, Judd could conceivably pass Ronnie in rankers at some point in the next 3 years or so.

Postby TheRocket

Dan-cat wrote:
TheRocket wrote:imo players should come to Sheffield/Crucible 10 days prior to the start of the WC and stay in the Covid secure bubble.

They should all get tested and if there are positive cases they can have their 10 day isolation period. By that we wont have any players missing the WC because of a positive Covidtest.

Four wheels and a board, he's Tom Ford

Tom is a great guy.

https://twitter.com/WeAreWST/status/1354850912158810118

Postby Cloud Strife

I'm sure they'll all be vaccinated by then anyway thanks to the forward thinking of the UK government. Our friends in the EU on the other hand...

Postby Dragonfly

Of course Trump is going to win dozens of events. I wouldn't dispute that for one moment.

He will obviously surpass the likes of Murphy in triple crown events as well. But the Murphy statistic is a wonderful way to wind up Trump supporters. The statistic stands until it changes.

In a decade's time we will see if Trump is fit to be mentioned along with the likes of Hendry. Perhaps he will. But until then........

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dragonfly wrote:Of course Trump is going to win dozens of events. I wouldn't dispute that for one moment.

He will obviously surpass the likes of Murphy in triple crown events as well. But the Murphy statistic is a wonderful way to wind up Trump supporters. The statistic stands until it changes.

In a decade's time we will see if Trump is fit to be mentioned along with the likes of Hendry. Perhaps he will. But until then........

:D

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Judders, no bitterness from me, just feel he dropped the ball a bit with that interview. As for the silly rhymes on his name: just mucking about. :-)

Nah you is nang DC <ok>

Sick, ill, dope, peng, wicked and ting.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

And in two of the TC three wins he faced Ronnie and Higgins in the final where they were way past their prime and above 43. Not his fault but it speaks volumes about the current state of snooker.

His TC record is rubbish. He could win 50 ranking events but staying at 3 TC will mean that Neil, Selby, MJW will be better than him in terms of all time great status.

Cant see him winning 5 UKs, 5 Masters and 5 WCs at the end of his career if he continues to disappear in the big ones or choke like in the recent UK final

Postby Holden Chinaski

Even Judd fans must agree this is a strange statistic. Judd is such a brilliant player, he's so much better than Murphy. It's strange how Judd is able to dominate almost at the level of Hendry in all the tournaments except the Triple Crowns. I do expect this to change soon. Judd is definitely going to win more Triple Crowns. He has too much talent and the competition just isn't there. The class of '92 is getting too old and the only young player out there who can really compete is Yan Bingtao.

Postby Alex0paul

Amazing that since Trump started his dominance that nobody has won more TC titles than him

Postby TheRocket

He has another 10 years probably where he will win a huge amount of titles. So this decade basicially. Assuming he can still play to a very high level in his late 30's and early 40's which he should be able to do because everyone seems to be doing it now. Plus there is simply not much competition in his age group. Can't see Wilson, Ding or Lisowski challenging him in the long run.

Thats why he should eventually get to Higgins/Williams/Selbys TC numbers. 3-4 Worlds and a similar number of UK's and Masters. Anything more I cant see it happening though because he wasted too many years in his 20's.

Postby Iranu

masterdoctorgenius wrote:

And in two of the TC three wins he faced Ronnie and Higgins in the final where they were way past their prime and above 43. Not his fault but it speaks volumes about the current state of snooker.

His TC record is rubbish. He could win 50 ranking events but staying at 3 TC will mean that Neil, Selby, MJW will be better than him in terms of all time great status.

Cant see him winning 5 UKs, 5 Masters and 5 WCs at the end of his career if he continues to disappear in the big ones or choke like in the recent UK final

You’re saying that if Judd wins 50 ranking events and Robbo wins 25 ranking events, Robbo will be the greater player because he has two more UKs?

Nah