Post a reply

2020 SI World Championship of World Championships Rd2 OPEN

Postby PLtheRef

As some will be aware, on Twitter there is a range of sporting 'event' simulations to try and fill the lull in competitive sport which current situation has led to. This has included, sims of Test Matches, and various 'World Cup of.....' etc.

All of which has given me an idea.

Presenting:
The World Championship of World Championships
(To fill the 17 Day gap in our lives come April 18th)

Format and Rules
• 32 Players – 16 World Champions to be seeded in the event. 16 Qualifiers to be chosen to take part. - (Must have either appeared in two World Championships at the Crucible or at least won one match at the Crucible Theatre.)
• 16 Seeded players taken from the 21 Crucible World Champions – ranked on their Crucible record (with scores from more recent Championships weighted heavier)
▪ World Champion – 3 Points
▪ Runner Up – 2 Points
▪ Semi-Final – 1 Points
▪ Weighting: 1970s: x1, 1980s: x2, 1990s: x3, 2000s: x4, 2010s: x5
• Competition: To be arranged under the standard World Championship Format – Number 1 Seed at top of draw, Number 2 seed at the bottom etc.

Score Simulations
Calculated as follows:
• 50% Head-2-Head Crucible Record – weighted by round (so a World Final is worth 5 points, a First Round match worth 1 point.
(In the event that two players face each other who have never met at the Crucible then World Championship record will be used to calculate this half of the score based on the 3 for a Win, 2 for a Runner-Up and 1 for a Semi-Final formula) – This will be weighted to give 25% rather than 50% of the result however)
• 50% to a vote.

Scores to be calculated to give a Match Result, e.g. 10-5 etc. 13-6 etc.

Anyone interested?
Last edited by PLtheRef on 28 Mar 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Re: An idea which has formed in my head....

Postby PLtheRef

Juddernaut88 wrote:I'm interested, I've read it several times and still kind of confused though <laugh>


In a nutshell, I'm thinking about setting up a 'simulated' World Championship with anyone who has played at the Crucible more than once (or who has won a match at the Crucible Theatre) eligible to be entered

We vote on the outcome of each match and this gives half of the result. - The other half decided by the Head 2 Head record between the players at the Crucible (or Crucible record if they haven't met there)

Hope this makes things a little bit clearer. - I thought it'd be nice to have something to keep the spirit of the Snooker Festive Season going.

Re: An idea which has formed in my head....

Postby Juddernaut88

PLtheRef wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:I'm interested, I've read it several times and still kind of confused though <laugh>


In a nutshell, I'm thinking about setting up a 'simulated' World Championship with anyone who has played at the Crucible more than once (or who has won a match at the Crucible Theatre) eligible to be entered

We vote on the outcome of each match and this gives half of the result. - The other half decided by the Head 2 Head record between the players at the Crucible (or Crucible record if they haven't met there)

Hope this makes things a little bit clearer. - I thought it'd be nice to have something to keep the spirit of the Snooker Festive Season going.


That makes more sense so thanks for clearing that up :)

Re: An idea which has formed in my head....

Postby csprince

great idea would like to see the seedings will be interesting to see how ding does guessing ronnie or hendry will win maybe davis or higgins or perhaps selby will be voting for sure.

Re: An idea which has formed in my head....

Postby PLtheRef

csprince wrote:great idea would like to see the seedings will be interesting to see how ding does guessing ronnie or hendry will win maybe davis or higgins or perhaps selby will be voting for sure.


Excellent, I'll try and share the seeding spreadsheet with you. Like I said, the more recent World Championship will count heavier in the seedings.

The 16 Seeded players will all be World Champions who have won the title at the Crucible. This means anyone who hasn't won the World Championship will need to come through the qualifiers (Which will be set up for you to choose who you'd like to compete). Could be quite a few dangerous players among them.

Re: An idea which has formed in my head....

Postby PLtheRef

I've worked out who the 16 Seeds for the World Championship are. I'll begin revealing them later.

One last question. As Judd is reigning World Champion, do you think he should be Number 1 seed for the 'Event'

Re: An idea which has formed in my head....

Postby csprince

PLtheRef wrote:I've worked out who the 16 Seeds for the World Championship are. I'll begin revealing them later.

One last question. As Judd is reigning World Champion, do you think he should be Number 1 seed for the 'Event'

personally no.have never agreed with the defending champion being no1 seed rule can't think of another sport where that happens.

Re: An idea which has formed in my head....

Postby csprince

PLtheRef wrote:
csprince wrote:great idea would like to see the seedings will be interesting to see how ding does guessing ronnie or hendry will win maybe davis or higgins or perhaps selby will be voting for sure.


Excellent, I'll try and share the seeding spreadsheet with you. Like I said, the more recent World Championship will count heavier in the seedings.

The 16 Seeded players will all be World Champions who have won the title at the Crucible. This means anyone who hasn't won the World Championship will need to come through the qualifiers (Which will be set up for you to choose who you'd like to compete). Could be quite a few dangerous players among them.

great means ding will be unseeded bet he gets ronnie hendry or davis.first round.forgot about reardon and alex higgins.

Re: An idea which has formed in my head....

Postby PLtheRef

csprince wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:I've worked out who the 16 Seeds for the World Championship are. I'll begin revealing them later.

One last question. As Judd is reigning World Champion, do you think he should be Number 1 seed for the 'Event'

personally no.have never agreed with the defending champion being no1 seed rule can't think of another sport where that happens.


Dan.Cat wrote:Good idea



One all - Next person who votes decides it.

After that I will reveal the seeds

Re: An idea which has formed in my head....

Postby Ck147

csprince wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Judd should be number 1 seed :)

biased.

Lol