Post a reply

Sheffield Theatres To Close Doors

Postby SnookerFan

As members of the UK Theatres group, the three theatres run by Sheffield Theatres will close their doors indefinitely with immediate affect.

This includes The Lyceum, The Crucible and Studio.

The Society of London Theatre (Solt) and UK Theatre, the industry body that represents nearly every British theatre, announced that, as of tonight (Monday, March 16), all members would close their doors.

The groups represent about 50 London theatres and around 250 others throughout the UK.

Julian Bird, chief executive of Solt and UK Theatre, said the decision would have a “severe impact” some 290,000 people working in the industry.

“Those who can afford to do so are encouraged to donate the cost of their ticket to show support for the theatre industry,” he said.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/health/major- ... ce-2462126

Re: Sheffield Theatres To Close Doors

Postby SnookerFan

I see the dithering about whether the World Snooker Championship goes ahead continues, despite the closures.

Following the recommendation from the UK government yesterday (16 March), Sheffield Theatres will be closing to the public with immediate effect.

All current performances (Run Sister Run, Coriolanus and Cabaret) have been cancelled and we will be cancelling future performances through to 5 April. The café, Crucible Corner and our Box Office are also closed to the public until further notice.

Our team are extremely busy at this challenging time. We ask that anyone with tickets for forthcoming shows bears with us – we will be in touch with you to arrange a refund in due course.

For performances from 5 April onwards, we will continue to review and follow recommendations from the relevant authorities and will keep in touch with ticket holders. There is no further news on World Snooker at this time. We continue to liaise with the team at World Snooker and will provide an update on plans for this year’s tournament as soon as it is available.

If you are attending a future performance, our website and twitter pages will be updated regularly, please do keep checking our channels for the latest updates.

We appreciate that these are worrying times for many people and thank you for your understanding as we continue to follow all available advice. We are sorry for any disappointment our closure will cause but we are committed to playing our part in helping people stay safe. Please look after yourselves and each other.

https://www.sheffieldtheatres.co.uk/new ... s-covid-19

Postby Andy Sparky

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Andy Sparky wrote:Oh English Rose thou art sick...

:wave: Hope you are well, Andy.

Yes, I’m fine. I work in the N.H.S and I’m just hoping that we can cope. It is like the whole Country has got sick (along with other countries). With no theatres or cinema etc it is like extra thinking time to worry.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andy Sparky wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Andy Sparky wrote:Oh English Rose thou art sick...

:wave: Hope you are well, Andy.

Yes, I’m fine. I work in the N.H.S and I’m just hoping that we can cope. It is like the whole Country has got sick (along with other countries). With no theatres or cinema etc it is like extra thinking time to worry.

Yes, the situation is the same in Belgium. Good luck man!

Postby Alex0paul

With Theatres set to reopen soon does that mean that a crowd will be more likely at this years WC?

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:With Theatres set to reopen soon does that mean that a crowd will be more likely at this years WC?

I don't think any of us know what's happening at the moment.

I doubt they'd be allowed to fill it to capacity, but whether they allow some of the crowd in or not hasn't been revealed. We'll just have to wait to see what World Snooker announces.

Postby SnookerFan

Scooper wrote:I got ticket but don’t wanna go. I hope they don’t insist everyone goes or they lose money - can’t really see that happening though.

I returned my tickets for a full refund when offered, even go P&P back as I hadn't been sent them yet. Had a hotel booked that I could cancel without charge, so only lost the train ticket that I had already booked.

It was a shame, because it was final tickets. But like you, I really wouldn't want to go if there was any chance they'd let people in in August.

I'm worried enough that I might have to go to the Champion Of Champions in November, as I have tickets to that.

Postby Scooper

As far as I know they didn’t put limit on when they give refunds for WC, so I assume they’ll give them if necessary. Can’t see them letting everyone in though - if they let some people in, don’t know how they’ll decide who.

Postby SnookerEd25

Scooper wrote:As far as I know they didn’t put limit on when they give refunds for WC, so I assume they’ll give them if necessary. Can’t see them letting everyone in though - if they let some people in, don’t know how they’ll decide who.

If it is number of posts on Snooker Island, SnookerFan will be OK... :pal:

Postby SnookerFan

Scooper wrote:As far as I know they didn’t put limit on when they give refunds for WC, so I assume they’ll give them if necessary. Can’t see them letting everyone in though - if they let some people in, don’t know how they’ll decide who.

Who did you book it through?

I booked mine through Sheffield Theatres, and they sent me an e-mail saying that if I wanted a refund I'd have to claim it by a certain date, or they'd roll the tickets over to either the new date or next year depending.

Maybe if you're worried, contact whoever you booked them through and ask what the procedure is. Though, I don't know if you'll get a straight answer at the moment.

Postby Scooper

SnookerFan wrote:

I booked mine through Sheffield Theatres, and they sent me an e-mail saying that if I wanted a refund I'd have to claim it by a certain date, or they'd roll the tickets over to either the new date or next year depending.

Maybe if you're worried, contact whoever you booked them through and ask what the procedure is. Though, I don't know if you'll get a straight answer at the moment.

Not sure, my sister got them haha, think we might’ve talked about this. She doesn’t know how late we can get refunds. I reckon I’ll wait until next announcement as probably nothing will change until then.

Postby SnookerFan

Scooper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Not sure, my sister got them haha, think we might’ve talked about this. She doesn’t know how late we can get refunds. I reckon I’ll wait until next announcement as probably nothing will change until then.

You're right, we did. Ha Ha.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Scooper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

You're right, we did. Ha Ha.

I was getting major deja vu reading these posts <laugh>

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Nothing is what it used to be.

Except, of course, Jimmy’s form in practice.

Postby PLtheRef

I can only assume given that even in the event that the World Championship can go ahead with a crowd that the said crowd will be a fraction of the 980 odd seats that will have been sold - thus my guess is that if tickets are available for a 2020 World Championship then they will be all on sale and tickets for the original dates refunded or carried over to April 2021

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:I can only assume given that even in the event that the World Championship can go ahead with a crowd that the said crowd will be a fraction of the 980 odd seats that will have been sold - thus my guess is that if tickets are available for a 2020 World Championship then they will be all on sale and tickets for the original dates refunded or carried over to April 2021

One thing they can't do is first come first served.

That would be carnage

Postby Wildey

Scooper wrote:Jimmy can still win

Yea i definitely think he will win

1 Frame. <ok>

Postby Scooper

PLtheRef wrote:I can only assume given that even in the event that the World Championship can go ahead with a crowd that the said crowd will be a fraction of the 980 odd seats that will have been sold - thus my guess is that if tickets are available for a 2020 World Championship then they will be all on sale and tickets for the original dates refunded or carried over to April 2021

Another possibility is they can find out how many ticket holders still want to go ie. not me. Then draw lots or something if the number is higher than seats available. Or sell the rest if number is lower. Or something along those lines

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:

One thing they can't do is first come first served.

That would be carnage

The truth is there’s no really fair way to have a partial crowd.

Postby Alex0paul

My guess is the ticket holders with the more expensive seats will be priority

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:My guess is the ticket holders with the more expensive seats will be priority

That wouldn't surprise me. They're the ones at the front after all.

Postby Wildey

I think the fair way would be give Everyone their Money back and then re sell some online only. When capacity is filled no more tickets.