Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship Final K.Wilson v R.O'Sullivan

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Vodka still having meltdowns rofl

No meltdown. Just making salient points about the illogical way people go about things. There is a difference boy.

Had Selby won that match you would be all over the place here saying he shats his pants at the sight of Selby at The Crucible.

You'd be unbearable and you know it. So don't act like you wouldn't.

Ronnie won and won in the most spectacular way, with a comeback against the man who's done it agaisnt him!

Postby SnookerFan

Georgi1914 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Selby is an incredible player. I don't like him but he's brilliant. Especially in the mental aspect of the game he's incredibly strong. A master tactician with lots of bottle. I do rate Higgins a bit higher.

Crazy how people want to undermine his ability at every opportunity.

I completely agree with you guys. Of course Selby is nowhere near Ronnie's talent, but his whole package (snooker abilities + mental toughness) makes him a fierce competitor. My personal opinion - he will retire one day as a greater player than John Higgins.

That's a big statement.

Age is not on Selby's side, and he's not the player he was a couple of years ago.

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:

No meltdown. Just making salient points about the illogical way people go about things. There is a difference boy.

Had Selby won that match you would be all over the place here saying he shats his pants at the sight of Selby at The Crucible.

Ronnie won and won in the most spectacular way, with a comeback against the man who's done it agaisnt him!

Why is this troll still being fed? He should be on every new accounts block-list as a default.

Postby D4P

Holden Chinaski wrote:
D4P wrote:Speaking of AST, Ronnie got progressively slower at the WC and finished with a season AST of 17.1, behind Thepchaiya's 16.92.

Decline!

Theppy's back to being the Most Exciting Player in Snooker™ again.

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:

Why is this troll still being fed? He should be on every new accounts block-list as a default.

As a mod, I can't block people for obvious reasons.

Postby Georgi1914

SnookerFan wrote:
Georgi1914 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Selby is an incredible player. I don't like him but he's brilliant. Especially in the mental aspect of the game he's incredibly strong. A master tactician with lots of bottle. I do rate Higgins a bit higher.

I completely agree with you guys. Of course Selby is nowhere near Ronnie's talent, but his whole package (snooker abilities + mental toughness) makes him a fierce competitor. My personal opinion - he will retire one day as a greater player than John Higgins.

That's a big statement.

Age is not on Selby's side, and he's not the player he was a couple of years ago.

I just don't see Higgins win a TC event again. And Selby still has a lot of time to make his record better. It will be interesting to see how he will react to the painful loss. As Holden said - this loss will probably stay in Mark's head for a while. Like many other posters here - I do not like Selby at all but have a huge respect for him. Only time will tell what will happen after the torturer got tortured big time.

Postby vodkadiet1

And what have you doting fanboys achieved by all your petty insulting of anyone who isn't an O'Sullivan sycophant? The differebce between me and you is that I don't need to be in a group of cyber bullies. I can stand alone without assistance from another dullard with similar views. I make comments about O'Sullivan. I am not interested in making threats against posters on forums. I don't sink to that level. I received a personal threat today from a poster but will I report them? No I won't. This place seems to be coming more and more like a thuggish O'Sullivan cultish fan club. The mods are fanboys and so are about 80% of the posters. Thank goodness the season is over.
Last edited by vodkadiet1 on 17 Aug 2020, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Georgi1914 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

That's a big statement.

It took an inspired three frames from Ronnie to deny Selby a 4th world title (in all likelihood).

I can easily see Selby winning a 4th WC. The bigger difficulty would be matching Higgins’ 30 ranking titles. 13 rankers is a big haul. Hell, I could even see him winning 5 WCs before matching 30 rankers.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Georgi1914 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

That's a big statement.

It took an inspired three frames from Ronnie to deny Selby a 4th world title (in all likelihood).

I can easily see Selby winning a 4th WC. The bigger difficulty would be matching Higgins’ 30 ranking titles. 13 rankers is a big haul. Hell, I could even see him winning 5 WCs before matching 30 rankers.

Yes, I could see Selby winning another World title if he has a good draw. But not 13 rankers, that's a bit much.

Postby vodkadiet1

Holden Chinaski wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:And what have you doting fanboys achieved by all your petty insultingI don't target the fanboys. I

What? Stop your meltdowns, man. Relax.

You seem to have a very limited vocabulary. I am relaxed. Thanks for your concern.

Postby Lou147

D4P wrote:For people whose snooker idol is Kirk Stevens, you might be interested to know that today is his (62nd) birthday. It's also the birthday of Tom Ford, Basem Eltahhan, and Ronnie Shakespeare, among others.

I remember thinking Eltahhan wouldnt score a point against Selby at the UK and it ended up 6-4

Postby Juddernaut88

Acé wrote:what's the calendar for next season?

i know there's no events in china until 2021 but that's it

It's only updated to the rest of 2020 so far:
September 13-20
Championship League

September 21-27
European Masters

September 28 to October 5
Championship League

October 12-18
English Open

October 23-27
Championship League