Post a reply

Betfred World Championships (Thu Aug 13th) Semi-Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Friday 31st of July~Sunday 16th of August at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

2nd day of Semi-Finals action, and Anthony McGill couldn't have hoped for a better start in his first ever one table setup here, as he played his best Snooker of the tournament so far, opening a 6-2 lead.

The battle of the titans between Ronnie O'Sullivan and Mark Selby has O'Sullivan with a 5-3 lead, both weren't at their best, found the conditions a bit tough but the standard will surely get higher between these two.

Will we see a player make a charge today and set himself up nicely for a spot in the Final, or will things get tight for a tense finish on Friday? See for yourself.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Thursday 13th of August

10am

Kyren Wilson 2-6 Anthony McGill McGill leads 5-3

2:30pm

Ronnie O'Sullivan 5-3 Mark Selby O'Sullivan leads 18-10

7pm

Kyren Wilson 2-6 Anthony McGill McGill leads 5-3

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Betfred World Championships (Thu Aug 13th) Semi-Finals !

Postby Andre147

HustleKing wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Come on Judd!

He is the defending champion until Sunday evening so yeah...

Plus next year as this event has an asterisk next to it

It has? I didn't notice it.

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:
HustleKing wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

It has? I didn't notice it.

It wouldn't have one if Ronnie had already lost...

Postby TheRocket

Acé wrote:Match played over 3 days instead of 2 will suit Ronnie I think, more time to regroup if he gets bogged down

also 8 frames tomorrow instead of 9, so another 5-3 session would be awesome building up the score.

definitely. one session today, one tomorrow will be a real energy saver for ROS.

Ronnie needs to put Selby away this time. A 0:3 H2H record at the Crucible would be equally bad to Federers 3 Wimbledon defeats in finals against Djokovic.

There is a lot at stake for Ronnie. This match will have a huge impact on his career.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Acé wrote:Match played over 3 days instead of 2 will suit Ronnie I think, more time to regroup if he gets bogged down

also 8 frames tomorrow instead of 9, so another 5-3 session would be awesome building up the score.

definitely. one session today, one tomorrow will be a real energy saver for ROS.

Ronnie needs to put Selby away this time. A 0:3 H2H record at the Crucible would be equally bad to Federers 3 Wimbledon defeats in finals against Djokovic.

There is a lot at stake for Ronnie. This match will have a huge impact on his career.

Could be his last ever chance for another world title.

Postby Wildey

HustleKing wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

No it hasn't got an asterisk next to it all 4 Semi finalist have performed here before and beaten great players during those runs. No round has been reduced during the fordnight nothing anyone could have done about crowds. Pockets have been tighter than for a few years the winner will definitely have earned it and well deserved.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
HustleKing wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

No it hasn't got an asterisk next to it all 4 Semi finalist have performed here before and beaten great players during those runs. No round has been reduced during the fordnight nothing anyone could have done about crowds. Pockets have been tighter than for a few years the winner will definitely have earned it and well deserved.

Well said.

People that believe this title doesn't count because of the pandemic are clueless. If they don't like the winner they usually come out with rubbish like that.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:
HustleKing wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Well said.

People that believe this title doesn't count because of the pandemic are clueless. If they don't like the winner they usually come out with rubbish like that.

Ill be honest i wasent sure how it will be because i love the gritty pressure situations and dont want centuries left right and centre so i did not know how it would go but its lost none of that of course everyone wants a crowd and it would add to the ocation when the winner is known if there was a crowd but by then its over and who ever wins will be Champion.

Leading up to the format being relesed i was concern about what they would do Maybe Best of 25 Semi or best of 19 Second round but no they kept it true and i aplaud what they did to put it on