Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed Aug 12th) Semi-Finals !!

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut88 wrote:Selby probably feel pleased with that considering how badly he played. Surely he will improve tommorow.

Selby's highest break 39, only 5-3 behind.

But Ronnie ahead I guess. At least he cant relax having a nice lead, so it will keep him focused I hope.

Postby Wildey

Selby has got out of jail tonight that green he missed in frame 5 was unbelievable after a brilliant opening red.

Ronnie had 5 breaks over 50 and Selby hasent made 1 Right result for Selby that was

Postby TheRocket

5:3 is not that bad.

I think Selby was in first in the first seven frames. I think the only time Ronnie won a frame in one visit was the seventh. He also won a couple of the tactical frames.

Selby didnt play good but Ronnie can play much better as well.
Last edited by TheRocket on 12 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Prop

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Very pleased with the result! Ronnie would have never run away with this match, he's here to grind it out this year. 5-3 is a useful lead.

Agreed. Yes, 6-2 might have been a more accurate reflection of things, but 5-3 isn’t a million miles away from that.

Good to see both players getting the white moving after they swapped the vintage ivory balls for a new set.

Decent snooker. Sets it up nicely for tomorrow.

Postby Pink Ball

I think the signs are hugely positive for O’Sullivan. This is nothing like day two of the 2014 final. O’Sullivan is taking the initiative in the early-frame tactical exchanges, he is opening things enough to give him a good shot at winning those tactical frames.

He won’t win all of them, but he’s giving himself a shot at winning them. In 2014 he allowed himself to be put on the back-foot and was living off scraps.

Frames that go tactical late on will favour Selby, but you won’t get very many of those relative to frames that go tactical early on and frames that Sullivan can get his eye in early.
Last edited by Pink Ball on 12 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Prop

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'm telling you guys, Ronnie is better off in a close match against Selby. Once Selby gets on a comeback rampage he will be difficult to stop, as he gaining confidence if he feels he has nothing to lose.

The best frontrunner against the best chaser.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'm telling you guys, Ronnie is better off in a close match against Selby. Once Selby gets on a comeback rampage he will be difficult to stop, as he gaining confidence if he feels he has nothing to lose.

See i always said a big lead in long matches are false now you starting to get it <ok>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:

See i always said a big lead in long matches are false now you starting to get it <ok>

Yeah you convinced me alright

Postby Acé

Andre147 wrote:
Acé wrote:Dumb decision to put Selby in for the snooker, wtf was Ronnie thinking

Tactical mistake, it happens.

Session's end came at the right time those last few frames were looking Selby like but still was a big chance for 6-2

Postby HustleKing

SnookerFan wrote:Ronnoe will be massively disappointed at winning the session. He'll have to go away and regroup, before tomorrow's play.

Ronnoe is an incorrect spelling of both Ronnie, and Wonnie which can be used by individuals with speech impediments or controversially, people making fun of people with speech impediments

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I would have taken a 5-3 deficit before the start of this session. Remember yesterday? Selby was considered a big favourite while Ronnie was missing sitters left and right.

Selby was not considered fave by me im still not convinced that he is good enough at mo to go toe to toe with Ronnie over 4 sessions he needs to score much better than he has even against Neil he was reliant on his safety game problem is when ronnie gets in he scores and keeping him out not easy if you're not scoring big.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
HustleKing wrote:Would have Wilson (yes you heard me right!) and O'Sullivan as slight favorites at this stage

me too

When McGill had a big lead against Maflin he didnt exactly cope well with it.

Here, in his first ever semi-final, that might also happen.

Postby HappyCamper

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I would have taken a 5-3 deficit before the start of this session. Remember yesterday? Selby was considered a big favourite while Ronnie was missing sitters left and right.

o'sullivan was favourite for the whole tournament yesterday, let alone this match. and his odds have shortened now he has a lead.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:
HustleKing wrote:Would have Wilson (yes you heard me right!) and O'Sullivan as slight favorites at this stage

me too

When McGill had a big lead against Maflin he didnt exactly cope well with it.

Here, in his first ever semi-final, that might also happen.

He played better to get a lead here Maflin was poor in the first session but Wilson didnt exactly cover himself in Glory.

The semi-finals show the difference Selby managed to scrape a good session out of a wreckage Wilson didn't

Postby Pink Ball

HappyCamper wrote:

o'sullivan was favourite for the whole tournament yesterday, let alone this match. and his odds have shortened now he has a lead.

The bookies would make Sullivan favourite in a ring against Mike Tyson.