Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Tues Aug 11th) Quarter-Finals !!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Friday 31st of July~Sunday 16th of August at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Day of all decisions in the Quarter-Finals, and as opposed to the Last 16 matches, four players did make a move onto a possible win.

Anthony McGill's marathon the day before didn't seem to bother him, as he opened a 7-1 lead, whereas Judd Trump finds himself 10-6 down to Kyren Wilson, a player he seems to struggle find his best form, and could be the one causing Trump fall victim of the Crucible Curse.

Mark Selby's excelent matchplay skills allowed him to open a big 11-5 lead over Neil Robertson. Now Robertson finds himself in familiar territory, remember in 2010 he did recover from this deficit, but here he's playing a top player with Crucible pedigree.

And Mark Williams played some vintage snooker to lead his bogeyman player Ronnie O'Sullivan 6-2.

Shall these 4 players confirm their leads and win, or will we see someone make a charge and comeback to win? All to play for in a place for the Semi-Finals and the one table setup.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Tuesday 11th of August

10am

Kurt Maflin 1-7 Anthony McGill Maflin leads 3-2
Mark Selby 11-5 Neil Robertson Selby leads 18-14

2.30pm

Judd Trump 6-10 Kyren Wilson Trump leads 8-7
Mark Williams 6-2 Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 31-11

7pm

Kurt Maflin 1-7 Anthony McGill Maflin leads 3-2
Mark Williams 6-2 Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 31-11

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues Aug 11th) Quarter-Final

Postby PLtheRef

masterdoctorgenius wrote:McGill and Selby surely there.

Kyren and MJW nearly.

All onesided matches. That in quarters

Very different to say that this was the Last 16 round which has needed the most frames to complete too.

Postby Andre147

Finished watching Ronnie's afternoon session, and must say he looked absolutely brilliant frames 2 and 3, but then inexplicably started missing sitters, loose shots that allowed MJW in.

In the past he used to have a whole brilliant session, nowadays he only seems to have a burst of 2 or 3 fabulous frames.

He'll need to adress this issue if he's to win this match. I still believe he can, but must win the 2nd session at least 5-3 to stand any chance.

Postby Sidetracked

Andre147 wrote:Finished watching Ronnie's afternoon session, and must say he looked absolutely brilliant frames 2 and 3, but then inexplicably started missing sitters, loose shots that allowed MJW in.

In the past he used to have a whole brilliant session, nowadays he only seems to have a burst of 2 or 3 fabulous frames.

He'll need to adress this issue if he's to win this match. I still believe he can, but must win the 2nd session at least 5-3 to stand any chance.

Frame 7 was a bit of a killer. I'm thankful at least the session ended when it did!

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:Finished watching Ronnie's afternoon session, and must say he looked absolutely brilliant frames 2 and 3, but then inexplicably started missing sitters, loose shots that allowed MJW in.

Even a 4-4 session wouldn't completely rule him out of the match. I'm just scared he's going to come out tomorrow and start playing silly beggars, and lose the session 5-3.

At 11-5 down it most certainly would be game over, I'm afraid.

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut88 wrote:Come on Judd please somehow make the impossible possible.

10-6 down is recoverable, much better than Robbo's 11-5 down against Selby which will certainly be impossible to win from that deficit.

Trump needs a fast start, win frames in one visit, start scoring the century breaks he's done all season. The only way he can win this match, and hope Kyren misses a few.

Postby Ck147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Come on Robbo - I'm trying to keep the faith, send me a sign, please

No chance for Robertson. Aristotle has got this one in the bag, sadly.

Yeah, you're probably right. This is the closest I've ever come to wishing locusts or frogs would attack someone in their bed, but Selby deserves his sleep, he had a long day.

Postby csprince

Ck147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Come on Robbo - I'm trying to keep the faith, send me a sign, please

No chance for Robertson. Aristotle has got this one in the bag, sadly.

Yeah, you're probably right. This is the closest I've ever come to wishing locusts or frogs would attack someone in their bed, but Selby deserves his sleep, he had a long day.

gutted for robertson should he lose.one of my favourites to watch a robertson vs williams/o'sullivan semi would of been very enjoyable to watch.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

A few years ago there was a Monday with only twelve frames played. Tomorrow won't have that few but it's threatening to be an incredibly dull day. And if it goes that way you have a semi final lineup which has a higher than usual chance of being a snoozefest.

Postby TheRocket

I agree. I had said that Williams played a very strong first session but after watching parts of the match again I have to say that after Ronnie went 2:1 ahead he started to miss several sitters and play loose safeties. In three of the frame he lost he had multiple chances.

Williams played good but a 4:4 was definitely possible for ROS in this session. Now he has to play catch up.

Postby ROS147

carayip wrote:Why is Robertson like a completely different player against the more tactical players like Selby and Higgins?

Robertson thinks he needs to play tactically to beat them. He’s talked about making this mistake multiple times in the past, but still repeats it every damn time.

Postby hendry_fan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Come on Mark

Good choice BSP. <ok> :happy:

Hmm,hang on!,which one do you mean?. :chin:

Well done Selbs n Ants,no way back for Robbo n Maflin.

I think Wilson will get the 3 frames he requires.

6-2 is a decent lead,but it would,nt surprise me if MJW crumbles,he still needs 7 frames which is still a lot tbh.

COMMME ONNNN MJW!,PLEASE DO NOT SERVE UP CHIPS N EGGS OR APPLE CRUMBLE,WIN THE 7 FRAMES YOU STILL NEED!. <ok>

Postby Scooper

I don’t know where it all went wrong. Was quite excited before yesterday, then all 4 players I want to win turned to Apple crumble. And 3 of the 4 winning I don’t want to win final or even watch in a final. The other 1 I’m fairly neutral about. Balls