Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Mon Aug 10th) Quarter-Finals

Postby ROS147

Acé wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
Acé wrote:I expect comebacks from Judd and Ronnie, Robertson has unfortunately disappointed me.

I hope Judd can come back but I think it's extremely unlikely. Just got to hope Judd plays inch perfect snooker and Kyren makes a lot of errors.

Why on earth does Judd struggle so much vs Kyren it's weird as heck, he's full of confidence vs any other legends of the game but Kyren Wilson?

Judd sees Kyren as the almighty Zeus for some odd reason.

Judd is just weak. Not everyone can be as good as Selby. Sorry.

Postby Juddernaut88

Acé wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
Acé wrote:I expect comebacks from Judd and Ronnie, Robertson has unfortunately disappointed me.

I hope Judd can come back but I think it's extremely unlikely. Just got to hope Judd plays inch perfect snooker and Kyren makes a lot of errors.

Why on earth does Judd struggle so much vs Kyren it's weird as heck, he's full of confidence vs any other legends of the game but Kyren Wilson?

Judd sees Kyren as the almighty Zeus for some odd reason.

I know right I honestly can't understand it. Kyren just seems to go into beast mode when he plays Judd and for some reason Judd can't win any of the scrappy ish frames against him and 1 mistake Judd makes costs him dearly.

Postby Ck147

TheRocket wrote:Any player tries to play to his own strengths. Neil Robertsons strength is breakbuilding and potting but he's chosen and decided to play like Selby against Selby.

Yeah, he's an utter tit sometimes.

Postby Acé

I'm so frustrated with Robertson right now, when I saw him play in the CoC 2019 with 5 tons and whatever other big breaks he was knocking in in a high level match vs Judd... then he does this today, smh it's a completely opposite performance, he knows what he's capable off

Postby Pink Ball

Ck147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Utterly dreadful performance by Robertson.

Couldn't have been much worse could it? Just don't get it, we all know how good he can be, he came into the match with totally the wrong strategy. Like someone else said, does he have a coach, or someone in his corner to slap him round the chops? He bloody needed that today. I hope a night of painting war puppets and playing pac-man sets him up for producing a great come back tomorrow.

And keep in mind... all this happened last year against Higgins as well. He is letting himself down badly.

Postby Acé

Juddernaut88 wrote:I know right I honestly can't understand it. Kyren just seems to go into beast mode when he plays Judd and for some reason Judd can't win any of the scrappy ish frames against him and 1 mistake Judd makes costs him dearly.

It's weird man, when you watch how Judd plays vs everyone else then when Kyren comes along he gets stuck

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Utterly dreadful performance by Robertson.

Couldn't have been much worse could it? Just don't get it, we all know how good he can be, he came into the match with totally the wrong strategy. Like someone else said, does he have a coach, or someone in his corner to slap him round the chops? He bloody needed that today. I hope a night of painting war puppets and playing pac-man sets him up for producing a great come back tomorrow.

And keep in mind... all this happened last year against Higgins as well. He is letting himself down badly.

yes this happens against other players, not just against Selby.

So something is wrong there.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Any player tries to play to his own strengths. Neil Robertsons strength is breakbuilding and potting but he's chosen and decided to play like Selby against Selby.

Noppon did that and almost beat him.

Difference is Noppon felt confortable playing Selby game type, Robertson? Well not so much.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:

Difference is Noppon felt confortable playing Selby game type, Robertson? Well not so much.

Noppon looked so adept at that kind of game. He is hard as nails, that fella.

Postby PLtheRef

Here is the table at the conclusion of the Last 16. Alex0Paul increasing his lead to 13 points.

Day 10 table - (23/30 Matches)
145 - Alex0Paul ( 18 - 4 )
132 - SideTracked ( 19 - 2 )
130 - Pink Ball ( 17 - 2 )
122 - Juddernaut88 ( 14 - 3 )
120 - HappyCamper ( 16 - 3 )
112 - PLtheRef ( 15 - 2 )
111 - Andre147 ( 16 - 2 )
109 - SavoMilosevic ( 16 - 0 )
108 - SteveJJ WC ( 15 - 2 )
107 - TheCleaver ( 16 - 0 )
106 - AimlessWandeer ( 15 - 2 )
106 - Vodkadiet ( 15 - 0 )
106 - SnookerFan ( 15 - 0 )
105 - Slowjoe ( 15 - 1 )
104 - Iranu ( 14 - 1 )
101 - Sundaygirl ( 14 - 0 )
100 - McManusFan ( 13 - 2 )
97 - Wildey ( 14 - 0 )
97 - Nice_Shoes_Ken ( 13 - 2 )
96 - Aris147 ( 13 - 1 )
94 - Eraserhead ( 12 - 1 )
91 - Dan-Cat ( 13 - 1 )
89 - BadSnookerPlayer ( 11 - 3 )
83 - BorisTheButcher ( 11 - 0 )
57 - Cloud Strife ( 8 - 0 )
29 Ash147 ( 4 - 0 )

I'm sure you'll all be interested in seeing the scoring from yesterday! :win:

Sunday's table
39 PLtheRef
33 Eraserhead
31 SideTracked
31 Alex0Paul
31 AimlessWandeer
31 Sundaygirl
29 SteveJJ WC
29 TheCleaver
24 Andre147
23 Vodkadiet
23 SnookerFan
23 SavoMilosevic
22 Pink Ball
22 HappyCamper
21 Ash147
20 BadSnookerPlayer
20 Slowjoe
19 Dan-Cat
18 Juddernaut88
16 Wildey
16 McManusFan
15 Cloud Strife
14 Iranu
14 Nice_Shoes_Ken
7 BorisTheButcher
7 Aris147

Here is the table for the Last 16 matches. It includes the prediction made by Juddernaut for a Higgins 147 in the total.

Last 16 table
57 Alex0Paul
54 PLtheRef
46 Pink Ball
46 HappyCamper
46 Juddernaut88
45 SavoMilosevic
45 Sundaygirl
44 SideTracked
42 SteveJJ WC
40 Eraserhead
38 SnookerFan
38 AimlessWandeer
37 Andre147
36 Iranu
36 Vodkadiet
35 TheCleaver
33 BadSnookerPlayer
33 Slowjoe
32 McManusFan
31 Cloud Strife
29 Wildey
29 Ash147
23 Nice_Shoes_Ken
19 Dan-Cat
14 Aris147
13 BorisTheButcher

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:Neil Robertson has won 5 frames and played 14 frames and his shot time is still over 30 says it all really Selby is 5 second a shot quicker.

Selby is dominating Robertson's ability to score. Proper grinding this is.

Can you pull Selbo's sausage from your bottom for 10 seconds and see what's happening here. Robertson has played a suicidal match from start to finish. It doesn't even feel like a match.

Yes, Selby has been good, but he hasn't been amazing. Yet there's only been one winner from the word go. And it ain't the fella who's happier to lose looking 'smart' than win looking 'flashy'.

Selby has stoped Robertson from playing what is suicidal about that that is the object of snooker

this place is full of clueless idiots

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:

Lets get one thing right Selby's safety game was far better in this match than against Noppon against Noppon he was too thick on safeties and if it got past the balk line it was as good as it got Today he placed that ball more often than not where he wanted to make it hard for robertson so please dont compare apples and eggs.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:Neil Robertson has won 5 frames and played 14 frames and his shot time is still over 30 says it all really Selby is 5 second a shot quicker.

Can you pull Selbo's sausage from your bottom for 10 seconds and see what's happening here. Robertson has played a suicidal match from start to finish. It doesn't even feel like a match.

Yes, Selby has been good, but he hasn't been amazing. Yet there's only been one winner from the word go. And it ain't the fella who's happier to lose looking 'smart' than win looking 'flashy'.

Selby has stoped Robertson from playing what is suicidal about that that is the object of snooker

Robertson’s done this countless times against several opponents, though. Selby stopped him from playing because Robertson’s been too mentally weak to commit to playing his game.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him rattle off three quick frames tomorrow when they restart, only to revert to 30 seconds per shot when he gets back within a few frames of Selby.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Robertson’s done this countless times against several opponents, though. Selby stopped him from playing because Robertson’s been too mentally weak to commit to playing his game.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him rattle off three quick frames tomorrow when they restart, only to revert to 30 seconds per shot when he gets back within a few frames of Selby.

Ok come on then clever clogs how was he meant to do it then. Lets not forget Selby has done this to Higgins and Ronnie its not just Robbo hes Got playing negative. Selby knows all about Robbo and he exploited it to the max Brilliant Grinding loved every second of it fascinating stuff.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Selby hasn’t stopped Robertson from playing his game. Selby has played very well in this match, but not amazingly. Robertson is blatantly spending far too much time on even basic shots. He is destroying his own rhythm. That’s not Selby doing that, it’s Robertson himself.

None of that is having a go at Selby, who has played well, but don’t give me this horseshit or call me an idiot. Robertson’s performance has been suicidal and he has done this to himself countless times. He has abandoned his natural rhythm and screwed himself up.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Can you pull Selbo's sausage from your bottom for 10 seconds and see what's happening here. Robertson has played a suicidal match from start to finish. It doesn't even feel like a match.

Ok come on then clever clogs how was he meant to do it then. Lets not forget Selby has done this to Higgins and Ronnie its not just Robbo hes Got playing negative. Selby knows all about Robbo and he exploited it to the max Brilliant Grinding loved every second of it fascinating stuff.

Play...At...His...Natural...bucking...Pace. Not...Every...Shot...Has...Three...Different...Options...That...Need...bucking...Thorough...Consideration.

This isn’t rocket science. Robertson has been abject and how he hasn’t learned by now is beyond me.

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Can you pull Selbo's sausage from your bottom for 10 seconds and see what's happening here. Robertson has played a suicidal match from start to finish. It doesn't even feel like a match.

Play...At...His...Natural...bucking...Pace. Not...Every...Shot...Has...Three...Different...Options...That...Need...bucking...Thorough...Consideration.

This isn’t rocket science. Robertson has been abject and how he hasn’t learned by now is beyond me.

You have no idea what your talking about mate.

Yea in a ideal world everybody would like to play their natrual game unfortunatly its not possible everytime and selby gets to people and not just Robbo when hes playing well

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:Robertson’s safety success in this match has actually been very good. That’s not the issue. His rhythm is in ribbons.

What good is there in winning safety battles if you lose the match?

Neil couldnt get in to normal scoring rhythm because Selby got to him simple as that and it wont be the last time thats going to happen to any player

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:Selby has stoped Robertson from playing what is suicidal about that that is the object of snooker

You have no idea what your talking about mate.

Yea in a ideal world everybody would like to play their natrual game unfortunatly its not possible everytime and selby gets to people and not just Robbo when hes playing well

This is horse rubbish and you know it is. This doesn’t just happen against Selby, FAR from it. Robertson does this several times a year. He was knocked out of last year’s World Championship because of this. Not by Selby. This is a massive failing in his game, what is so hard to understand about this? The only fella I can think of who has this quirk so glaringly is Ricky Walden.

It is possible to think Selby has played really well without accepting that he has done something special or unique here.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Robertson’s safety success in this match has actually been very good. That’s not the issue. His rhythm is in ribbons.

Neil couldnt get in to normal scoring rhythm because Selby got to him simple as that and it wont be the last time thats going to happen to any player

What’s stopping Robertson playing his shots at his usual pace? Is Selby physically standing in front of him on his shots? Is Selby the only man who has ever ‘made’ Robertson overthink things, or does this not happen ALL THE TIME with Robertson? I know the answer and I know you know the answer too but won’t have the balls to say it.

Postby Ck147

Wildey wrote:

Let's face it Robbo was his own worst enemy today. You said Selby knows Robbo's game, but the reverse is also true. Robbo effed up how he dealt with this match, he obviously came in with a plan, but when that wasn't working he just carried on with it, didn't step back reassess and adapt, should have gone with his natural game. Selby deserves to win and probably will win.

Postby Pink Ball

Ck147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Let's face it Robbo was his own worst enemy today. You said Selby knows Robbo's game, but the reverse is also true. Robbo effed up how he dealt with this match, he obviously came in with a plan, but when that wasn't working he just carried on with it, didn't step back reassess and adapt, should have gone with his natural game. Selby deserves to win and probably will win.

You can see that in the BBC segment. He was talking about battling with him in the safety department and playing 'cleverly' (ie stupidly). He went in with this idea ever before Selby started messing with his head.

He's a lovely guy, but he's a massive disappointment on this part of his game.

Postby Andre147

Wild Selby is your favourite player I understand, but do try to be less bias sometimes...

Don't call us idiots, Selby was ganite in his safety play yes, BUT he didn't force Robbo to take 30 sec every shot did he? Even in his normal breaks he was overthinking. Selby only gets to his opponents heads because they allow him to. Same thing has happened with Ronnie.

yes brilliant tactic by Selby, but it's his opponents fault for failing to see they are taking way too much time than their normal.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:Wild Selby is your favourite player I understand, but do try to be less bias sometimes...

Don't call us idiots, Selby was ganite in his safety play yes, BUT he didn't force Robbo to take 30 sec every shot did he? Even in his normal breaks he was overthinking. Selby only gets to his opponents heads because they allow him to. Same thing has happened with Ronnie.

yes brilliant tactic by Selby, but it's his opponents fault for failing to see they are taking way too much time than their normal.

What has happened in this match is totally different to what we've seen him do to O'Sullivan, though. It's not that Ronnie slows down or changes his rhythym. He just stops presenting opportunities to O'Sullivan. If Selby beats O'Sullivan or Williams in the semi-final, I'm almost certain it won't be by actually disrupting their usual pace or rhythym. They are too clever to fall for that. Selby would beat them by just playing exceptionally good granite snooker.

That was never going to be the case with Robertson, and it isn't the case.