Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Sunday Aug 9th) Last 16 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Friday 31st of July~Sunday 16th of August at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

After Day 9 where it was getting an advantage day Only Kyren Wilson got a massive advantage Leading Martin Gould 11-5 the other 3 matches are so so close.

But Day 10 is the first day when there will be 4 results no trying to gain an advantage it's about ramming the Advantage Home to get in the quarter-finals.

Who will be the 4 winners and who will hit the road.

PLUS all remaining players, staff and Broadcasters will be tested for Covid 19 with results expected before the Quarter Finals.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Sunday 9th of August

1pm

**Martin Gould 5-11 Kyren Wilson Gould leads 3-2
**Barry Hawkins 8-8 Neil Robertson Robertson leads 13-10

7pm

**Anthony McGill 7-8 Jamie Clarke Clarke leads 1-0
**Ding Junhui 8-8 Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 13-5

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sunday Aug 9th) Last 16 !!

Postby donthittheblue

This is always one of the best days of the tournament provided no matches runaway with themselves in earlier sessions.

4 final sessions. All seem reasonably close this time should be great.

God knows what time McGill/Clarke could finish and then whoever wins it has to play at 14:30 tomorrow.

The Ding v Ronnie Best of 9 is of course the highlight.

Postby csprince

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'd really love for Ding to finally win The World Title.

That would be great but imagine how unbearable Pink bullock will be...

trust me it would be worth it.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'd really love for Ding to finally win The World Title.

That would be great but imagine how unbearable Pink bullock will be...

How would we notice the difference?

Good point.

Postby donthittheblue

Hoping that Robertson, O'Sullivan and Wilson to come through.

Couldn't give a crap regarding McGill or Clarke - they were both pretty unsportsmanlike towards each-other yesterday and they both seem childish hammers - I don't mind snooker players showing a bit of fight but that just seemed like two toddlers falling out in a playground - at least punch the ref or your opponents manager like Higgins. It could be a case of Angry MicGill or Cheaty Clarke - I guess.....

Bizarre side request here but does anyone know what sort of TV ratings the snooker has been getting this week. Any higher than normal? Can't seem to find any news on it....

Postby hendry_fan

Had to spend some time with the missus yesterday,she was,nt in a good mood though. :mood:

I asked her if she could give me fiver,so i can buy a box of curly wurlys,she looked at me in horror and said,"Yur getting buck all fae me!!!!". :shock: :-D

I was correct again,as i predicted Wilson would beat Gould.

Wlsons knocked in TEN 50+ breaks in that match already. :clap:

What a comeback from McGill.only trails by a frame,Clarke must of made sure he was out of Ants line of fire since Ants gave a tellin off. :no: <laugh>

Were getting closer n closer to finding out if the Ronnie fan boy mob will have ran there race n get yucky,smelly,rotten egg on face. :-D

Come onnnn Robbo and Ants!.

And i,ll YELLLLLLLLLLLLL ANOTHER BIGGGG,HUGE,MASSIVE,ENORMUS,GIANT COMMMMMMMMMMMMMME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN DING AND PINK BALL!. :happy: :happy: :-D
Last edited by hendry_fan on 09 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Jan Verhaas dealt with the incident as best and professional as he could, nothing else he could have done.

But Clarke seemed to have been rattled, and lost 5 frames in a row when he led 8-2.

Should make for an interesting final session this evening.

Postby McManusFan

Andre147 wrote:Jan Verhaas dealt with the incident as best and professional as he could, nothing else he could have done.

But Clarke seemed to have been rattled, and lost 5 frames in a row when he led 8-2.

Should make for an interesting final session this evening.

Can't wait for the post match interviews, should be interesting no matter the result.