Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Fri Aug 7th) Last 16 !!

Postby HappyCamper

Prop wrote:Lewis mentioned earlier Yan gets nervous, but he looks pretty solid for the most part to me.

i'd say he's looked a lot more at ease in this match, compared to earlier in the season when he tended to struggle on the main table. maybe the lack of a crowd has helped

Postby Prop

Juddernaut88 wrote:Really poor from Judd missing that easy red. Desperately desperately needs to find something in the next frame and find a way to win it. If this goes 12-12 Yan will be strong favourite in the decider.

He overhit the yellow. I know Davis gave it the “he hit it too well” line, but that’s a poor excuse. He had a massive area to play in, failed to do so, and his only way out to get on the black was to play that red at a tricky pace with side.

As Willie Thorne always said, “That wasn’t the bad shot, it was the shot before”.

Postby Prop

Ck147 wrote:
Scooper wrote:They’ve definitely improved on the Spectrum sound fx

Yeah, Commodore 64, maybe Amiga level now...lol

I’ve heard they’re dusting off a Sega Mega CD for the quarters.

Postby Ck147

Prop wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Scooper wrote:They’ve definitely improved on the Spectrum sound fx

Yeah, Commodore 64, maybe Amiga level now...lol

I’ve heard they’re dusting off a Sega Mega CD for the quarters.

Lol

Postby donthittheblue

Why are these pockets so bucking big?

Sick of World Snooker devaluing tournaments by thinking that big breaks made on sub-par tables is somehow good for the game.... not the first time, won't be the last.

Postby Ck147

donthittheblue wrote:Why are these pockets so bucking big?

Sick of World Snooker devaluing tournaments by thinking that big breaks made on sub-par tables is somehow good for the game.... not the first time, won't be the last.

Really? Earlier rounds saw a lot that didn't go in that probably should have done, lots of pocket wobbles, remember Robbo looking perplexed at why his shots didn't go in (and he's bloody awesome) but other players too, especially the bottom two pockets.

Postby TheRocket

Prop wrote:Potential meeting with Kyren Wilson in the quarters for the World Champion. I don’t know about you guys but I’d prefer to watch him play Gould.

Trump Gould would be a better match to watch but Wilson probably has the better chance to beat him.

Postby Prop

TheRocket wrote:
Prop wrote:Potential meeting with Kyren Wilson in the quarters for the World Champion. I don’t know about you guys but I’d prefer to watch him play Gould.

Trump Gould would be a better match to watch but Wilson probably has the better chance to beat him.

Yep, pretty much. I think Gould’s game would probably favour Judd.