Post a reply

Re: barry hearn

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
ROS147 wrote:I like Barry Hearn. He’s he best thing to happen to snooker in my lifetime.

He has saved snooker from what it was like previously, no doubt about that.

As a human being though, he's a total tool. Small man syndrome, constantly having to boast, show off and get people to fawn over him to validate his own existence.

People think that arrogance is over-confidence. It's not. The opposite. People with confidence don't need to show off and get others to constantly reaffirm them the way Barry does.

Er... he's not small.

I love you SF, but you do talk so much bullocks sometimes. Do you know what tall poppy syndrome is? Us brits love it.

I do not know.

I will google it.

Postby SnookerFan

Googled it now.

Not at all. I don't deny Hearn professional success. Barry Hearn is an exceptional business man, and I already acknowledged that he saved snooker. No point denying that. Professional snooker quite possibly wouldn't exist if he hadn't taken over as chairman. It was on the bones of it's bottom before him.

That doesn't mean he isn't arrogant and up his own bottom. You can be successful and arrogant?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Maybe his confidence is borne out of being supremely successful.

Maybe.

He does come across as wanting everybody to love him though.

Postby Dan-cat

I don't think he gives a buck if anyone likes him or not.

He just wants to put on great events and make money, same as Eddie.

Eddie has a great podcast about what makes successful people tick.

I have an Essex mate who is so similar to those two. Very successful, a forcefield of confidence. We ran a software business together back in the late 90s/early 2000s. I left to become a DJ, he carried on and now has three yachts and properties in different countries. I was never driven by money.

But he's an acquired taste. Some people don't like him. He's full of it. He was always so positive and driven, just like the Hearns.

Postby Cloud Strife

Double posting is also an acquired taste. Especially here on Snooker Island.

Postby Dan-cat

One last thing.

If Barry Earn (as Pinkie calls him) was only motivated by money he would never has stepped up to take over World Snooker. He would have stayed in boxing with his son where the real big bucks are.

He had a genuine desire to rescue the sport that gave him his start. He could see it crumbling. I doubt he makes anything at all from snooker. He probably loses money.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:One last thing.

If Barry Earn (as Pinkie calls him) was only motivated by money he would never has stepped up to take over World Snooker. He would have stayed in boxing with his son where the real big bucks are.

He had a genuine desire to rescue the sport that gave him his start. He could see it crumbling. I doubt he makes anything at all from snooker. He probably loses money.

That's a fair point. Boxing has become more of a business than a sport these days. Huge money being made.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:I don’t call him Barry Earn.

Yeah, Dan-Cat. Get your facts right.

Postby vodkadiet1

This World Championship has turned out to be the biggest disaster of Hearn's career. And the worst thing about it is the event is so long. I wouldn't be surprised if a cardboard cut out crowd was mounted at some point. There is still plenty of time for more gimmickry.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet1 wrote:This World Championship has turned out to be the biggest disaster of Hearn's career.

I wouldn't go that far.

Postby Pink Ball

I think it’s been a cracking start to the tournament from a playing point of view. Thoroughly enjoyed the opening weekend, and I’m much more relaxed about it now that the great unwashed aren’t being left in to spit at the players.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:I think it’s been a cracking start to the tournament from a playing point of view. Thoroughly enjoyed the opening weekend, and I’m much more relaxed about it now that the great unwashed aren’t being left in to spit at the players.

Come on man, I really want to like you, but it is your raw way of formulating an opinion that drives me and others away.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I think it’s been a cracking start to the tournament from a playing point of view. Thoroughly enjoyed the opening weekend, and I’m much more relaxed about it now that the great unwashed aren’t being left in to spit at the players.

Come on man, I really want to like you, but it is your raw way of formulating an opinion that drives me and others away.

Good

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:

Show Pink Ball some respect. He's put a lot of work into this site.

Postby The_Abbott

Hearn may be a great manager but he's bad at managing people