Post a reply

Implication of Hamilton Withdrawal

Postby sigsky

I've been considering this and I think Hamilton's withdrawal might eventually help Judd Trump as much as anyone. I had initially thought that Wilson was a significant impediment to Trump's defense. But missing the learning from a first round match gives Gould/Maguire a definite edge and I think Judd has a bigger edge against either. So I have changed my pick from Wilson to Trump to advance to the quarterfinal. Of course I will be pulling for Martin and the new specs all the way. :D

Re: Implication of Hamilton Withdrawal

Postby Badsnookerplayer

sigsky wrote:I've been considering this and I think Hamilton's withdrawal might eventually help Judd Trump as much as anyone. I had initially thought that Wilson was a significant impediment to Trump's defense. But missing the learning from a first round match gives Gould/Maguire a definite edge and I think Judd has a bigger edge against either. So I have changed my pick from Wilson to Trump to advance to the quarterfinal. Of course I will be pulling for Martin and the new specs all the way. :D

Yeah - I would like Gould to do well.

Postby snooker_loopy

The funny thing is he could have entered. Had he delayed his decision one more day he would have played with zero crowd! Go figure.

Was he playing on Friday or Saturday? Can't remember. Anyway, his decision backfired on him so to quote Nelson from The Simpsons...

"HA HA!"

Postby HappyCamper

snooker_loopy wrote:The funny thing is he could have entered. Had he delayed his decision one more day he would have played with zero crowd! Go figure.}

Was he playing on Friday or Saturday? Can't remember. Anyway, his decision backfired on him so to quote Nelson from The Simpsons...

"HA HA!"

no, because his game was scheduled to start on the first day when there were crowds.

Postby SnookerEd25

snooker_loopy wrote:The funny thing is he could have entered. Had he delayed his decision one more day he would have played with zero crowd! Go figure.}

"HA HA!"

Wouldn’t have worked; he was scheduled to play Friday afternoon when the fans were in.

Postby SnookerFan

snooker_loopy wrote:The funny thing is he could have entered. Had he delayed his decision one more day he would have played with zero crowd! Go figure.

"HA HA!"

That decision to avoid a risk to his health?

Postby Sean53

I was amazed that Anthony Hamilton decided to withdraw from the World Championship in the first place, as he knew he had a health condition, & he knew there'd be spectators in the venue before he qualified for the World Championships. It wasn't the best thing at the time, had he known that no spectators were going to be allowed in the Crucible, it would've been a different matter, I just feel sorry for Scott Donaldson, who lost to Anthony Hamilton in the last qualifying round, maybe he should've been given the chance instead.

Postby The_Abbott

Sean53 wrote:I was amazed that Anthony Hamilton decided to withdraw from the World Championship in the first place, as he knew he had a health condition, & he knew there'd be spectators in the venue before he qualified for the World Championships. It wasn't the best thing at the time, had he known that no spectators were going to be allowed in the Crucible, it would've been a different matter, I just feel sorry for Scott Donaldson, who lost to Anthony Hamilton in the last qualifying round, maybe he should've been given the chance instead.

Donald wasn't good enough so no. Hamilton thought that they would have masks kept on. He must have reviewed the situation and though nah not happening.