Post a reply

Race to the Crucible: Qualifying Round 1 (July 21st~22nd)

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 21st and Wednesday 22nd Of July at the English Institute of Sport, Sheffield

The Betfred World championship is a little different this year and a different time of year 3 months later than it was scheduled to be Start.

And Because of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic many players have decided not to do the travelling from Asia they include Zhou Yuelong, Xiao Guodong, Zhao Xintong and Marco Fu but that has opened the door to some amateurs 34 will be taking their place in this round alongside 30 Main Tour Players

Last year Judd Trump won with a demolition job on John Higgins playing in his 3rd consecutive Final but yet to win since 2011. So can Judd win again or John Higgins at long last or maybe a new name on the Trophy Ding Junhui, Mark Allen or Tour Championship winner Stephen Maguire maybe?

But all that is to come in August.

First 128 will be fighting for the right to play at the Famous Crucible theatre where they will be joined by the Top 16 where Yan Bingtao who hasent played there since his debut in 2017 will become the Youngest Seed since Ronnie O'Sullivan in 1995 who was 19 the only teenager to be a seeded.

Players in Round 1 that's appeared at the Crucible

Jimmy White 25 1981-2006
Andy Hicks 8 1995-2007
Gerard Greene 5 1999-2010
Barry Pinches 3 1991-2005
Robin Hull 3 2002-2015
Rory McLeod 3 2009-2017
Rod Lawler 2 1995 and 1996
Peter Lines 1 1998
Andrew Pagett 1 2011
Mitchell Mann 1 2016
James Cahill 1 2019

Who will progress in to Round 2 and keep their hopes alive?

DRAW

Selected 1st Round Matches

Mitchell Mann v Paul S Davison
Billy Joe Castle v Rory McLeod
Barry Pinches v Dean Young
Peter Lines v Connor Benzey
Gerard Greene v Brian Ochoiski
Thor Chuan Leong v Iulian Boiko
Igor Figueiredo v Ian Preece
James Cahill v Ben Mertens
Kacper Filipiak v Andrew Pagett
Andy Hicks v Reanne Evans
Jackson Page v Chae Ross
Si Jiahui v Ross Muir
Jimmy White v Ivan Kakovskii
Soheil Vahedi v Allan Taylor
Rod Lawler v Ross Bulman
Kishan H Hirani v Robin Hull

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Race to the Crucible: Qualifying Round 1 (July 21st~22nd

Postby Wildey

The_Abbott wrote:Hicks has had a terrible season so Reanne has a chance.

Judds boots shaking if McLeod wins

Greene - 5 apps at the crucible, 5 defeats. That must be a record.

Rex Williams played there between 1977-1988 8 times and never won a match and Cliff Wilson played there between 1980-1990 8 times and never won a match.

Postby SnookerEd25

SteveJJ wrote:https://twitter.com/HeikkiNiva/status/1281626562383753216?s=09

Has he been robbed?

Can't comment on that as I'm not sure on what criteria the amateurs selected to compete were selected. But I did see him playing Andrew Pagett in the final of that event and both were very impressive in a high-quality match - much better than a lot of pro matches i've seen in early rounds of tournaments. He would certainly not have been out of place in the qualifying event.

Postby HustleKing

I'd just like to announce that I will be taking a hiatus from the forum (in case anyone would wonder where I went) when Judd starts his WC campaign.

As I've said before I find him to be overhyped and I know that may go into overdrive after every single frame he wins in this tournament and will never EVER stop should he break the curse. If he loses any match I'll come back immediately (fingers crossed). If he wins I won't be sad enough to not congratulate on his win even though I don't like him, but when I should return to the forum if he wins it idk

PS: I will be not logging in, reading PM's or viewing any threads after Judd's first frame in the WC, so maybe don't bother wasting your time trolling me before Judd is knocked out/wins the tournament

Postby Wildey

Good decision because as mod if any rubbish happens on the forum during the WC no questions asked immediate ban we want to enjoy the tournament and baby sitting you lot is not top of our agenda so everyone knows.

If you feel hard done by we will review the situation around 20th of August <ok>

Postby Pink Ball

HustleKing wrote:I'd just like to announce that I will be taking a hiatus from the forum (in case anyone would wonder where I went) when Judd starts his WC campaign.

As I've said before I find him to be overhyped and I know that may go into overdrive after every single frame he wins in this tournament and will never EVER stop should he break the curse. If he loses any match I'll come back immediately (fingers crossed). If he wins I won't be sad enough to not congratulate on his win even though I don't like him, but when I should return to the forum if he wins it idk

PS: I will be not logging in, reading PM's or viewing any threads after Judd's first frame in the WC, so maybe don't bother wasting your time trolling me before Judd is knocked out/wins the tournament

Hope you’re okay x

Postby Ck147

HustleKing wrote:I'd just like to announce that I will be taking a hiatus from the forum (in case anyone would wonder where I went) when Judd starts his WC campaign.

Where are you going for your summer holiday?

Postby Pink Ball

Ck147 wrote:

Where are you going for your summer holiday?

Limerick

Postby HustleKing

PLtheRef wrote:If Jimmy was to qualify this year (or ever again) then it would be a Crucible Record between appearances. Currently shared between Jamie Burnett and Barry Pinches.

Can see Stephen Lee easily beating that record at the first try in a few years time ;-)

Postby SnookerEd25

PLtheRef wrote:If Jimmy was to qualify this year (or ever again) then it would be a Crucible Record between appearances. Currently shared between Jamie Burnett and Barry Pinches.

Rod Lawler qualified in 95 & 96 but not since. Not sure about Burnett, but Pinches (2004) & White (2006) are nowhere near that absence. Alfie Burden hasn’t been there in the 21st century either, i’m pretty sure (98 his only appearance off the top of my head)

Postby Ck147

PLtheRef wrote:World Championship Prediction Contest odds
7/4 Alex0Paul
5/2 Wildey
9/4 PLtheRef
11/2 Pink Ball
16/1 Andre147
33/1 CK147
66/1 Hustle King

Source: Random Selection

Lol