Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Sat Aug 8th) Last 16 !!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Friday 31st of July~Sunday 16th of August at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

First day since the start of the tournament that the Forum ran smootly again, but don't count your chickens just yet. Hopefully all issues have been sorted though.

It's day 9 of the World Championships, and we already have 4 quarter-finalists. Defending champion Judd Trump, who survived an enormous battle v Yan Bingtao, as did 3 time champion Mark Selby winning on a decider and making a century in it, a rare feat in deciding frames at the Crucible. Mark Williams also got through a tough battle.

All of these players into the quarter-finals, and Kyren Wilson will hit his first ball this morning, due to the late withdrawal of Anthony Hamilton, he plays Martin Gould. Neil Robertson plays Barry Hawkins, in a repeat of their Quarter-Final here 5 years ago, a classic match which ended 13-12, if we have anything similar here we are in for a treat.

Ding Junhui and Ronnie O'Sullivan are locked at 4 frames each, just like their 2017 encounter after the first session, and Jamie Clarke managed to have a 4 frame lead over Anthony McGill and will be looking to have another solid session in the afternoon. No matches schedulled to end today, but players will be looking to make a decisive move.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Saturday 8th of August

10am

Martin Gould v Kyren Wilson Gould leads 3-2
Barry Hawkins v Neil Robertson Robertson leads 13-10

2.30pm

Anthony McGill 2-6 Jamie Clarke Clarke leads 1-0
Ding Junhui 4-4 Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 13-5

7pm

Martin Gould v Kyren Wilson Gould leads 3-2
Barry Hawkins v Neil Robertson Robertson leads 13-10

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sat Aug 8th) Last 16 !!

Postby Andre147

Crazy that we already have 4 quarter-finalists and Kyren hasn't hit a ball yet!

I think he'll have a slow start, probably trail Gould 5-3 or 6-2, but then start producing the goods in the 2nd session.

Postby TheRocket

really nice day of Snooker. And will be interesting to see what kind of form Kyren is in. If Gould plays like he did against Mags he could be in trouble.

Ronnie Ding wont be much different than from what we saw this session. Just rapid.

Hawkins Robertson another interesting match. I make Robertson favourite but I wouldnt be surprised if we saw Beast mode Hawkins.

Postby Juddernaut88

Scooper wrote:The buck is Ronnie - ding match over 3 days? Think it usually happens to someone, it snake hisses me off

Yep it is silly. I think Kyren Wilson vs Martin Gould should have been over 3 days instead. It's still so annoying that there have been 4 last 16 results and Kyren still hasn't even played a shot yet!

Postby Wildey

Scooper wrote:The buck is Ronnie - ding match over 3 days? Think it usually happens to someone, it snake hisses me off

It's the world championship that's what it all about keeping focus for long periods.

Love it

Postby Andre147

Finished watching what I missed in the Ronnie first session... fair result, both players had a 3 frame burst, but some strange shots in that last frame from both.

Ronnie needs to tighten his safety though, can't keep Ding or any top player for that matter plum in the balls.

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:Finished watching what I missed in the Ronnie first session... fair result, both players had a 3 frame burst, but some strange shots in that last frame from both.

Ronnie needs to tighten his safety though, can't keep Ding or any top player for that matter plum in the balls.

That's why Ding is going to win, we told you :)

Postby Andre147

Ck147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Finished watching what I missed in the Ronnie first session... fair result, both players had a 3 frame burst, but some strange shots in that last frame from both.

Sure...

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Sure...

Glad you are sure, we are as well

Postby Cloud Strife

Pythagoras mode vs Beast mode should be a good match if it is anything like their previous encounter here.

Hope Wilson starts well, he's the only one left in that half of the draw who can give Trump a game.

Postby Dan-cat

Pink Ball wrote:4-4 is a fair reflection. Ding much better in the first mini-session, O'Sullivan much better in the second, both reeled off three frames in a row respectively. Neither looking spectacular, but neither looking bad either.

Accurate analysis.

Just read the thread back from yesterday. The negativity expressed by MDG and ROS147 made this a painful read.

You'll both be having the next sessions of the match off if this continues.