Post a reply

Re: The Draw

Postby Iranu

Sometimes players just match up badly with another player. Kyren for whatever reason is a difficulty for Judd. That doesn’t mean he’s better than Robbo, Murphy etc.

Postby McManusFan

Iranu wrote:Sometimes players just match up badly with another player. Kyren for whatever reason is a difficulty for Judd. That doesn’t mean he’s better than Robbo, Murphy etc.

Just look at Hendry and Mark Johnstone-Allen.

Postby Andre147

McManusFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Sometimes players just match up badly with another player. Kyren for whatever reason is a difficulty for Judd. That doesn’t mean he’s better than Robbo, Murphy etc.

Just look at Hendry and Mark Johnstone-Allen.

Exactly. Acé just cant seem to understand how a player like Kyren Wilson have a good h2h v Trump, but fact is he has. He's not better than any of the players he mentioned in he bottom half, but neither was Mark Johnston Allen v Hendry and he won 3 out of 3.

Postby lhpirnie

SnookerFan wrote:No Ghou Yolonge. :sad:

He had a nightmare getting home. But he would later admit that he was one of the lucky ones...

Postby The_Abbott

I hope DIng does turn up now or the draw will be in chaos.

Postby lhpirnie

The_Abbott wrote:I hope DIng does turn up now or the draw will be in chaos.

Well, there's also the chance that any player could test positive. It could happen on the day of the final. We just have to live with all of that I am afraid.

Postby Iranu

Hope?

There is no hope.

There is only fact.

Postby Wildey

lhpirnie wrote:

Well, there's also the chance that any player could test positive. It could happen on the day of the final. We just have to live with all of that I am afraid.

Yea getting 144 players through a month of snooker without a positive test would be an amazing achievement and possibly doubtful.

Postby SteveJJ

Ng On Yee reported to have pulled out of the qualifiers

Postby lhpirnie

SteveJJ wrote:Ng On Yee reported to have pulled out of the qualifiers

The Hong Kong Sports Institute (Wayne Griffiths) have withdrawn their support (i.e. funding) from the HK players, citing safety. It affects Andy Lee and Ka Wai Cheung as well as Ng, who apparently won't be here for their events.

Postby HappyCamper

lhpirnie wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Ng On Yee reported to have pulled out of the qualifiers

The Hong Kong Sports Institute (Wayne Griffiths) have withdrawn their support (i.e. funding) from the HK players, citing safety. It affects Andy Lee and Ka Wai Cheung as well as Ng, who apparently won't be here for their events.

cheung kawai was due to play in the challenge tour playoffs for a tour card. shame if he misses out.

Postby SteveJJ

Brian Ochoiski has a wildcard into the qualifiers apparently

Postby Alex0paul

I hope Fred Done gets his wildcard

Postby lhpirnie

At the moment Hossein Vafaei is a doubt, but the other qualifier seeds are confident in making it to EIS. The expected line-up for Judgement Day would be:

Perry-Williams
Carter-Tian
Wilson-McManus
Un Nooh-Lu
Dott-Wells
Donaldson-Wakelin
Robertson-Hamilton
Holt-Milkins
Ford-King
Selt-Carrington
Lyu-Maflin
Stevens-Saengkham
Davis-Walden
O'Donnell-McGill
Liang-Woollaston
Day-Brecel

Postby SnookerFan

lhpirnie wrote:At the moment Hossein Vafaei is a doubt, but the other qualifier seeds are confident in making it to EIS. The expected line-up for Judgement Day would be:

Perry-Williams
Carter-Tian
Wilson-McManus
Un Nooh-Lu
Dott-Wells
Donaldson-Wakelin
Robertson-Hamilton
Holt-Milkins
Ford-King
Selt-Carrington
Lyu-Maflin
Stevens-Saengkham
Davis-Walden
O'Donnell-McGill
Liang-Woollaston
Day-Brecel

Live on Eurosport. <ok>

Postby lhpirnie

SnookerFan wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:...

Live on Eurosport. <ok>

Yes, the Day-Brecel match looks like a killer.

If Hossein Vafaei is able to make it, then it would be:
Day-Vafaei
Liang-Brecel
which is also tough to pick.

Postby Wildey

Guys with best of 11 the Judgement day draw looks a lottery when players havent been playing much i expect a lot of surprises.