Post a reply

Re: Coral Tour Championship Final !!!

Postby Juddernaut88

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Pretty clear that Phil Yates is now the best commentator but who is 2nd best??

John Virgo is the best. Followed by the great Stephen Hendry.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:Does anyone ever have any weird superstitions about certain commentators being bad luck for there favourite players?

I remember a lot of Ronnie fans on here were cacking themselves of Michael Holt a few years ago.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Does anyone ever have any weird superstitions about certain commentators being bad luck for there favourite players?

I remember a lot of Ronnie fans on here were cacking themselves of Michael Holt a few years ago.

Here's one example.

viewtopic.php?f=620&t=6839&hilit=beat+Hitman+Holt

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:Has this been a good match?

I would say so. Certainly been interesting. Each frame has been very different, and I like that in a match...

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:This doesn't have that final feeling due to it being on a Friday. I have to keep reminding myself this is the final.

To be fair, though, nothing in life has felt quite right these last few months; to that end, i’ve quite enjoyed a Thursday, and now a Friday final in recent weeks.

Something different, innit?

Postby SnookerEd25

Alex0paul wrote:Is it 8 or 9 frames this afternoon?

Don’t think the players were quite sure given the exchange at the top of the 8th there!

Postby chengdufan

gallantrabbit wrote:These boys are going to have to be careful cos this final is starting to smell...

No it isn't.

Postby eraserhead

Not great from either but it's close at least. Would be rubbish if one of them ended up 6-2 ahead after a session like that.

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:These two are mates. Wonder if Judd is wondering if a 155k per man deal has been cut??

That would be a ban for both players.

Postby Alex0paul

Wildey wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:These two are mates. Wonder if Judd is wondering if a 155k per man deal has been cut??

Players make deals with prize money quite a lot

Postby SnookerEd25

gallantrabbit wrote:These boys are going to have to be careful cos this final is starting to smell...

To be fair, we’re probably all starting to smell...

This heat (shakes head)

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:
Wildey wrote:

If you know that how come World Snooker doesn't and ban them pending an enquiry.

Postby Alex0paul

Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Wildey wrote:

If you know that how come World Snooker doesn't and ban them pending an enquiry.

Because it has nothing to do with match fixing. Ken Doherty talks about it in his book. Griffiths tried making a deal with Virgo in the 1979 UK Championship final