Post a reply

Re: Coral Tour Championship Semi Final!!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

McManusFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I like Joe Perry but he is the only commentator who I find difficult to listen to.

What about Ebdon?

I see your point but Ebdon does bring something different. My problem with Perry is that rising intonation.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Why all the egg 'n' chips hate on this thread?

I'd rather eat that than duck a la' bleedin' orange

It's HendryFan says when he thinks somebody isn't playing well.

Surely that should be called a plate of mushrooms?

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I like Joe Perry but he is the only commentator who I find difficult to listen to.

He has a weird inflection at the end of sentences, sounds kind of like when Murphy was commentating.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerEd25 wrote:Why all the egg 'n' chips hate on this thread?

I'd rather eat that than duck a la' bleedin' orange

Both delicious and nutritious meals imho.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Iranu wrote:

He has a weird inflection at the end of sentences, sounds kind of like when Murphy was commentating.

Yeah - it is fine but since I first noticed it drives me mad. Murphy is definitely the other one who does it. I wonder why - they don't speak like that normally.

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Yeah - it is fine but since I first noticed it drives me mad. Murphy is definitely the other one who does it. I wonder why - they don't speak like that normally.

Trying to put on a “commentator voice” I suppose. I remember when Davis first started commentary he’d kind of half whisper, like a discount Ted Lowe. Seemed particularly pointless when he was sat next to the thunderous voice of Virgo!

Postby Juddernaut88

Iranu wrote:Does Maguire somehow getting that hit and hope safe count as a fluke? It was outrageous!

I think it should. Judd was then so unlucky that red somehow ended up over the middle pocket.

Postby McManusFan

Iranu wrote:Does Maguire somehow getting that hit and hope safe count as a fluke? It was outrageous!

It's definately some sort of fluke. But I'm only counting fluked pots for simplicity.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Judd needs to start hitting the balls harder so that he gets flukes.

Juddernaut88 wrote:Fluke for Judd

rofl

He should listen to what I say and just smash the balls about. Don't know why he thinks listening to his brother will help him :irk:

Postby Juddernaut88

If Judd does get a chance in this frame he will need to get the black into play. Even if he pots 4 reds 4 pinks, yellow up to the pink he would be 6 ahead with 7 remaining.

Postby Iranu

McManusFan wrote:fluke or shot to nothing?

I say fluke. Mags shook his head as if to say, “Can’t believe that went in.” That’s what i read it as at least.

Postby Wildey

Not the best from Judd in that opener miss hitting safeties was the difference early in that frame giving Mags easy chances to open up a lead