Post a reply

Re: Coral Tour Championship Semi Final!!

Postby Prop

Wildey wrote:Selby is not grinding these days he's going for his shots.

In the past he would have ground out these frames to get back in he's not doing it these days.

He’d also have potted the majority he’s missed today.

Postby Ck147

Got a break in my zoom meetings, bloody hell, Selby getting hammered.

Postby McManusFan

Ck147 wrote:Got a break in my zoom meetings, bloody hell, Selby getting hammered.

Yeah. Mark was brilliant in the first four frames and Mark barely got a look in. After the interval Mark started playing a little better whilst Mark started playing a little worse.

Postby Ck147

McManusFan wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Got a break in my zoom meetings, bloody hell, Selby getting hammered.

Yeah. Mark was brilliant in the first four frames and Mark barely got a look in. After the interval Mark started playing a little better whilst Mark started playing a little worse.

<ok>

Postby Ck147

Jeez 7-1 to Mark, I wonder if Mark will even bother turning up this evening

Postby Wildey

Prop wrote:

In the past he would have ground out these frames to get back in he's not doing it these days.

He’d also have potted the majority he’s missed today.

Yea but he's putting pressure on his game these days by not shutting up shop or grinding like he used to.

Postby Ck147

SnookerFan wrote:Mark Allen laughing at The Jester at the moment.

Selby probably balling his eyes out right now on a zoom call with the lovely Vikki...hahahahaha

Postby Andre147

Well in the 5th frame he did try to grind it, he had a straight blue but chose to play safe instead of playing position for last red.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:

Well in the 5th frame he did try to grind it, he had a straight blue but chose to play safe instead of playing position for last red.

That's not grinding that showed lack of confidence.

Grinding is making it difficult for your opponent by messing up the tables and putting balls on Cushing but every time Allen was at the table he was in

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Grinding is making it difficult for your opponent by messing up the tables and putting balls on Cushing but every time Allen was at the table he was in

Peter Cushing?

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I don’t think his safety game was strong enough to effectively grind today.

To grind like you suggest you need to have a few shots to tie the balls up (unless you’re lucky enough to br in a position where one shot could do it) but his initial safeties were leaving too many chances to Allen or landing too far from the baulk cushion, allowing Allen to either pot or take control.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I was very surprised he refused that long blue.

Then in the next frame he took on another long blue, much more difficult than the previous one. He did miss it.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I don’t think his safety game was strong enough to effectively grind today.

To grind like you suggest you need to have a few shots to tie the balls up (unless you’re lucky enough to br in a position where one shot could do it) but his initial safeties were leaving too many chances to Allen or landing too far from the baulk cushion, allowing Allen to either pot or take control.

I agree his safety game been woeful for the last 3 years if truth be told Selby used to be an expert in winning ugly as Stephen Hendry calls it but now he has to play to a high standard to win.

But playing good safeties is part of a Long Game and if your long game is off then your safety game is off i feel.