Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.live Championship League

Postby donthittheblue

SnookerFan wrote:
motorhead wrote:
• GROUP MATCHES from June 1st to 8th will feature 16 groups of four players, with two groups played each day across two tables. The player who tops each group table will progress to Phase Two. Players will be awarded three points for a win and one point for a drawn match.
????

Each match is four frames. They can get 2-2.

What happens regards 3-0

Do they still play frame 4?

Postby SnookerFan

donthittheblue wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
motorhead wrote:
• GROUP MATCHES from June 1st to 8th will feature 16 groups of four players, with two groups played each day across two tables. The player who tops each group table will progress to Phase Two. Players will be awarded three points for a win and one point for a drawn match.
????

What happens regards 3-0

I think so.

Postby PLtheRef

donthittheblue wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
motorhead wrote:
????

What happens regards 3-0

I think we'll find that out with the first match which goes 3-0 tomorrow or Tuesday. It's been asked a few times and people aren't sure. I'd much prefer it to be Best of four as unlike the Premier League matches played over six frames there isn't a prize for each frame won.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I got some beers in for the snooker. <ok>

Will they last till tomorrow?

Oh yeah. I've had them since earlier in the week. Just chilling some of them.

Considering ordering a pizza, and getting it left outside my front door.

Postby Wallace12

donthittheblue wrote:Where can we find out whose passed their plague swabs?

Are they all being done today, or will players be tested the day of/day before their matches?

Who cares?

Just get boys out on the bucking baize. That's all that matters now for me.

Postby motorhead

SnookerFan wrote:
yup, just saw it on twitter, that means we are going to have some 3-0 where they play on, that's very good thinking from uncle Bazza. Bookmakers have yet to find out apparently.

Postby motorhead

Wallace12 wrote:
Who cares?

the sooner it spreads among players and staff the better for herd immunity.

Postby donthittheblue

Wallace12 wrote:
donthittheblue wrote:Where can we find out whose passed their plague swabs?

Are they all being done today, or will players be tested the day of/day before their matches?

Who cares?

The players who don't want to get rigged up to ventilators, their families who don't want them to get rigged up to ventilators, the referees and other staff at the venue?

The sports governing body, who don't want 'snooker player dies of Covid' headlines in a weeks time.

Postby motorhead

Deadliest form of it can kill in a few hours so, in theory, we wouldn't have to wait an entire week, players scheduled at 15,00 can already be dead by 21,00 when they are scheduled to play their last match. If we go by the rules that is considered a no show and opponent has the match won as 4-0.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

motorhead wrote:Deadliest form of it can kill in a few hours so, in theory, we wouldn't have to wait an entire week, players scheduled at 15,00 can already be dead by 21,00 when they are scheduled to play their last match. If we go by the rules that is considered a no show and opponent has the match won as 4-0.

pmsl

Postby donthittheblue

motorhead wrote:Deadliest form of it can kill in a few hours so, in theory, we wouldn't have to wait an entire week, players scheduled at 15,00 can already be dead by 21,00 when they are scheduled to play their last match. If we go by the rules that is considered a no show and opponent has the match won as 4-0.

Always worth looking on the positive side of possibilities.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I got some beers in for the snooker. <ok>

Will they last till tomorrow?

Oh yeah. I've had them since earlier in the week. Just chilling some of them.

Considering ordering a pizza, and getting it left outside my front door.

Yes, probably better than someone else's door.

Postby vodkadiet1

Let's be honest this tournament is garbage. It might be okay in the early January but who wants 11 days of this nonsense in the middle of Summer? It wasn't that long long ago when there was no snooker for several months in the Summer anyway.

Postby The Ace

vodkadiet1 wrote:Let's be honest this tournament is garbage. It might be okay in the early January but who wants 11 days of this nonsense in the middle of Summer? It wasn't that long long ago when there was no snooker for several months in the Summer anyway.

It’s better to have something like this than no snooker at all.

Postby D4P

The Covid Classic is (probably) primarily intended to serve as a trial run for the WC. In a typical summer, the WC would have already happened, but this summer is (obviously) not a typical summer.

Postby donthittheblue

vodkadiet1 wrote:Let's be honest this tournament is garbage. It might be okay in the early January but who wants 11 days of this nonsense in the middle of Summer? It wasn't that long long ago when there was no snooker for several months in the Summer anyway.

The 1.5-2.0m of us who pretty much can't leave our houses are quite welcoming of this and the return of football to be totally honest. The format might be ridiculous, it might have no atmosphere and it might all be a bit of a farce, but it sure beats another episode of Homes under the bucking Hammer or staring at the bloody wall, or listening to the seven hundreedth spotify album in a month, or having another one-handed love affair that just reminds you you can't meet anyone in person for at least another month or so give me it. And suddenly have a rubbish load of free time, because every bucking remote working opportunity available is a scam..... yeh

Anything, anything that takes the mind off the abject misery of being imprisoned in your home for ten bloody weeks and then told you can go for a walk once a day - but only if you avoid everybody else like your in a human game of bloody frogger, but will probably be subject to this rubbish beyond the 30th June, anything is bucking welcome. Even if it's the most pathetic snooker tournament for years. Give me that sweet nectar of the drug of sport to give me something to look forward to in the bloody day.

It might be too soon for some, for others this can't come soon enough. As long as its done responsibly it's time.
Last edited by donthittheblue on 31 May 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby PLtheRef

motorhead wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
yup, just saw it on twitter, that means we are going to have some 3-0 where they play on, that's very good thinking from uncle Bazza. Bookmakers have yet to find out apparently.

According to the Championship League website, the matches are Best of four frames, so 3-0 would see the match finish

"Championship League will be split into three phases, with all matches during all stages played as the best-of-four frames (if a match finishes 3-0, the fourth frame will not be played)."

Postby vodkadiet1

donthittheblue wrote:

The 1.5-2.0m of us who pretty much can't leave our houses are quite welcoming of this and the return of football to be totally honest. The format might be ridiculous, it might have no atmosphere and it might all be a bit of a farce, but it sure beats another episode of Homes under the bucking Hammer or staring at the bloody wall, or listening to the seven hundreedth spotify album in a month, or having another one-handed love affair that just reminds you you can't meet anyone in person for at least another month or so. or decades, give me it. And suddenly have a rubbish load of free time, because every bucking remote working opportunity available is a scam..... yeh

Anything, anything that takes the mind off the abject misery of being imprisoned in your home for ten bloody weeks and then told you can go for a walk once a day - but only if you avoid everybody else like your in a human game of bloody frogger, but will probably be subject to this rubbish beyond the 30th June, anything is bucking welcome. Even if it's the most pathetic snooker tournament for years. Give me that sweet nectar of the drug of sport to give me something to look forward to in the bloody day.

You're right. I agree. We have become used to constant snooker for quite a few years now and I understand many people need sport to bring some balance to their lives.
Last edited by vodkadiet1 on 31 May 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:
donthittheblue wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
motorhead wrote:
????

What happens regards 3-0

I think we'll find that out with the first match which goes 3-0 tomorrow or Tuesday. It's been asked a few times and people aren't sure. I'd much prefer it to be Best of four as unlike the Premier League matches played over six frames there isn't a prize for each frame won.

First man to 3 wins the match 4th frame will not be played

Postby donthittheblue

Wildey wrote:s unlike the Premier League matches played over six frames there isn't a prize for each frame won.

First man to 3 wins the match 4th frame will not be played[/quote]

I assume frame difference isn't the tiebreaker then?

Postby PLtheRef

donthittheblue wrote:
Wildey wrote:s unlike the Premier League matches played over six frames there isn't a prize for each frame won.

First man to 3 wins the match 4th frame will not be played

I assume frame difference isn't the tiebreaker then?[/quote]

Taken from the Alan McManus blog:

(1) Points total. (2) Net frame difference. (3) Head to head result (if three or more players are tied, a mini table, using the previous criteria) of those players will decide the group. (4) Highest break in the group. (5) If still tied, the next highest break will apply.

Personally I would have swapped 2 and 3 around and had the Head to Head result before net frame difference. I think its better the matches only go to the fourth frame if the score is 2-1.

Postby Iranu

The tournament’s got snooker on the homepage of the BBC website, which never happens outside of the Triple Crowns or the occasional Ronnie controversy.