Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.live Championship League

Postby lhpirnie

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Iranu wrote:It should be two points for a win.

Why so?

Basically to make it more exciting and rule out players being out of the running in their group relatively early.

What I actually think they should have done is base the group standings on frames won and play all 4 frames.

Yeah - good point. That is probably the biggest weakness in that players can be almost out after one match.

Yes I agree. Just let them play their 12 frames. I think they are trying to attract football fans.

Postby SnookerEd25

Deewee wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Why the f—- have they swapped Alfie to the other side of the table?

Pointless confusion over the rests now.

KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!

Yeah, the higher ranked player is always on the left, but seems pointless to adhere to that here

Plain daft - & further rest confusion ensued, almost inevitably

Postby Juddernaut88

lhpirnie wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Iranu wrote:It should be two points for a win.

Why so?

Basically to make it more exciting and rule out players being out of the running in their group relatively early.

What I actually think they should have done is base the group standings on frames won and play all 4 frames.

Yeah - good point. That is probably the biggest weakness in that players can be almost out after one match.

Yes I agree. Just let them play their 12 frames. I think they are trying to attract football fans.

I keep trying to encourage football fans to follow Snooker on this football forum I'm on but whenever I post anything Snooker related they all ignore it or say stuff like Snooker is boring >-(

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Juddernaut88 wrote:
I keep trying to encourage football fans to follow Snooker on this football forum I'm on but whenever I post anything Snooker related they all ignore it or say stuff like Snooker is boring >-(

I pity the fools who don't watch snooker.

Postby HustleKing

But snooker has not had any mainstream media interest since the White vs Hendry days, so therefore it's automatically terrible :roll:

Postby SnookerEd25

HustleKing wrote:But snooker has not had any mainstream media interest since the White vs Hendry days, so therefore it's automatically terrible :roll:

Trump - “LET’S MAKE SNOOKER GREAT AGAIN!”

Are you with him?

Postby HustleKing

Juddernaut88 wrote:Sky Sports are also a bunch of caaaants never showing any live Snooker these days.

All hail the mighty English Premier League, Burnley vs Palace amongst its highlights!
Last edited by HustleKing on 03 Jun 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby donthittheblue

Juddernaut88 wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Basically to make it more exciting and rule out players being out of the running in their group relatively early.

Even now when it's the only thing on telly?

Postby Juddernaut88

Iranu wrote:Holy rubbish she’s just called him Ryan Wilson AGAIN <doh>

Jill Douglas is bucking dreadful.

She's getting sacked in the morning, sacked in the morning :john:

Postby Iranu

Juddernaut88 wrote:

If only.

Postby HustleKing

Juddernaut88 wrote:

That's impossible, she's a woman

Postby Iranu

HustleKing wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

That's impossible, she's a woman

You’re an idiot.

Postby donthittheblue

Iranu wrote:Even Bingham’s looked at Day’s season results in preparation for comms.

Jesus christ, you can tell it's a tournament with no bars with player-commentators being this prepared.