Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.live Championship League

Postby Andre147

Players are rusty as you would expect but I'm still enjoying it for what it is, and I think latter on in thr tournament the standard will improve.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:Players are rusty as you would expect but I'm still enjoying it for what it is, and I think latter on in thr tournament the standard will improve.

Yeah it’s better than nothing. And there are still a lot of top players to come.

Postby D4P

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Players are rusty as you would expect but I'm still enjoying it for what it is, and I think latter on in thr tournament the standard will improve.

Yeah it’s better than nothing. And there are still a lot of top players to come.

Yes, this event will become a lot more interesting once Ronnie starts playing and once the top players start playing each other.

Postby SnookerEd25

Yesterday was very good, and we could be heading for a thrilling dénouement in this group...

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Iranu wrote:It should be two points for a win.

Why so?

Basically to make it more exciting and rule out players being out of the running in their group relatively early.

What I actually think they should have done is base the group standings on frames won and play all 4 frames.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Iranu wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Iranu wrote:It should be two points for a win.

Why so?

Basically to make it more exciting and rule out players being out of the running in their group relatively early.

What I actually think they should have done is base the group standings on frames won and play all 4 frames.

Yeah - good point. That is probably the biggest weakness in that players can be almost out after one match.

Postby SnookerEd25

Kyren’s really had the run of the balls in this match - & he is still struggling to put it to bed

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:What I actually think they should have done is base the group standings on frames won and play all 4 frames.

That is what I was hoping for before the tournament started - seemed the best way of sustaining interest throughout the groups...

Postby SnookerEd25

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Almost feeling sorry for Burden

Alfie’s deserved a couple of frames on the board at least, today - but I hope Chen beats him 3-0, I’d like to see him win the group.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/03/ronnie-osullivan-will-quit-championship-league-snooker-packed-lunch-banned-12797030/amp/

What they don’t mention here is that Ronnie is taking all his recipe inspirations from the ‘cooking in the time of coronavirus’ thread on snooker Island.

#insiderinformation

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/03/ronnie-osullivan-will-quit-championship-league-snooker-packed-lunch-banned-12797030/amp/

What they don’t mention here is that Ronnie is taking all his recipe inspirations from the ‘cooking in the time of coronavirus’ thread on snooker Island.

#insiderinformation

rofl

Postby SnookerEd25

Why the f—- have they swapped Alfie to the other side of the table?

Pointless confusion over the rests now.

KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:

#insiderinformation

rofl

Postby Iranu

SnookerEd25 wrote:Why the f—- have they swapped Alfie to the other side of the table?

KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!

Does seem a bit silly. I guess there’s always the Player 1/Player 2 scenario but you’d think they could keep the positioning for the player who stays in the arena.

Postby Ck147

Got to watch the last match, glad Dom is back on comms, Bingo wasn't that great. Has Kyren aged 20 years during the lockdown? Alfie ain't winning anything today is he?

Postby Deewee

SnookerEd25 wrote:Why the f—- have they swapped Alfie to the other side of the table?

KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!

Yeah, the higher ranked player is always on the left, but seems pointless to adhere to that here