Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.live Championship League

Postby SnookerEd25

lhpirnie wrote:Liang having fun with the rest arrangement.

Imagine if Dechawat Poomjaeng was here?

Just how many rests have they got there?

I mean you need the standard one, to be found at each end of the table (what I call the ‘phillips’), a spider, extended spider - that’s it surely?

They’ve got about 7 or 8. One of them looks like a hoe (no jokes please) - what the hell is that for?

Postby SnookerEd25

Only seen O’Connor a couple of times before, and he didn’t look like this...

#lockdownbadhairday

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerEd25 wrote:

I mean you need the standard one, to be found at each end of the table (what I call the ‘phillips’), a spider, extended spider - that’s it surely?

They’ve got about 7 or 8. One of them looks like a hoe (no jokes please) - what the hell is that for?

swan neck too.

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

swan neck too.

Always thought that was just another name for the extended spider?

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerEd25 wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

swan neck too.

i thought they were slightly different. the swan has one long curved extendy bit. and the extended spider has an extendy bit which is straight and has four wee ridges on the end.

Postby SnookerEd25

High quality stuff in this match; Liang to win the group?
How did Selby look? (I snored through most of that one)

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

swan neck too.

i thought they were slightly different. the swan has one long curved extendy bit. and the extended spider has an extendy bit which is straight and has four wee ridges on the end.

Ah...thought you just got one or the other, depending on the table manufacturer; there can’t he that much difference between them?

Anyone know what the one that looks like a Hoe is? (or when it might be utilised?)

Postby donthittheblue

Re the rests it's worth remembering each player has their own set so that's a spider, swan neck, rest, extended rest, and that weird one everybody forgets about/

So if they all bring all 5 that's 20 or 10 on each side.

Postby donthittheblue

SnookerEd25 wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Just how many rests have they got there?

swan neck too.

Ah...thought you just got one or the other, depending on the table manufacturer; there can’t he that much difference between them?

Anyone know what the one that looks like a Hoe is? (or when it might be utilised?)

Extended Spider Rest

For this

https://www.bartonmcgill.co.nz/wp-conte ... rass-2.jpg

Postby SnookerEd25

You’re right - that is markedly different.

All the hole in the wall clubs i’ve played in, you’re lucky if you can find a standard spider (usually held together with some variation of insulating tape)

Postby donthittheblue

SnookerEd25 wrote:You’re right - that is markedly different.

All the hole in the wall clubs i’ve played in, you’re lucky if you can find a standard spider (usually held together with some variation of insulating tape)

Most clubs I've played in your lucky to find more than one rest per 8 tables....

Postby Ck147

Third century of the day for Liang, is that more than everyone else put together so far? Goes 1 up against Walker

Postby D4P

Ck147 wrote:Third century of the day for Liang, is that more than everyone else put together so far?

There have been 10 other centuries in the event thus far, all before today.

Postby Ck147

SnookerFan wrote:Is Wenbo and Selby the last match?

Yes, looking forward to that one.

Postby Ck147

D4P wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Third century of the day for Liang, is that more than everyone else put together so far?

There have been 10 other centuries in the event thus far, all before today.

Thanks, missed a lot of matches the last couple of days, the ones I have seen had fairly small breaks.

Postby SnookerEd25

Could be an interesting scenario...

Consider this; when Lisowski & Brecel were entering frame 4 the other night, Jack needed to not only win the frame, but score higher than a 139 break in doing so. Once Luca had potted the second red, the frame and match was effectively over as Lisowski came back to the table.

BUT, if Luca had then fouled and left a free-ball, there would have been enough ‘reds’ for Jack to still fashion a 139+. He had given up, though, and went into exhibition-mode.

I remember thinking at the time, that had it been Selby coming to the table he would have been well aware of what was required, and would possibly have been playing ‘for snookers’ even though there were 13 reds on the table, in the hope of forcing the free-ball.

Lets face it, if anyone could pull that off, its Selby (though it could have taken him anywhere up to four hours)